Do i need Idlers

froggerlives07

Established Member
I got a 2.81 upper pulley and a 100mm idler pulley...just seen all this carnage of having stock idlers..would i need to upgrade maybe to the 4 piece? Maybe billetflow?

cbr repsol

Established Member
You dont need them but are great to have. I have the stock ones and havent had any problems, i also have a 2.93 w/ a snub idler.

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
You dont necessarily need it, but the upgrade would be worth it if you had the $300 to spend.

Last time I heard billetflow's idler was on back order, or at least the ones I ordered.

JymBart

Established Member
You can't go wrong!

Not a bad "Mod" to do, . the stockers are know to "go south", .. Billetflow makes a high quality product.
JymBart

DICobra

Established Member
i have 2.8 pulley too and waiting for my 4 black idlers Billetflow that i ordered from Lethal, can't wait to install them...

Kreep306

Established Member
I would...the stockers break under load, but in case you keep the stock ones I have 12of them for sale if you need 1 or 12 lol

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Great idea to replace the Ford JUNK ones. For stock applications they suffice but I have heard issues even with stock power. I shreaded mine with 481rwhp hitting 3rd pretty hard. -Shane

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
As stated above, the stock stamped steel idlers have been known to come apart. I think replacing them with a full compliment of billet idlers is a smart move. JMO.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Plus they look so much better than the stock ones!

002-10.jpg

JustaGT

N/A Ain't For Me!
Established Member
I want some Billetflow idlers, but really don't have the extra cash right now to be dropping on my car.

Users who are viewing this thread