DIY projector headlights

b dub

4.10's or 4.30's??!!
Established Member
Ahh. What are you going to put in the hi beam?

Boostme has the new edge. Thought it was your pics.

Edit: And what did you paint them with?

Last edited:

WhtSuperStang

Established Member
proj016.gif

wow that turned out great! im realy curious to see what they look like with the lenses on.

MouTine

Established Member
Ahh. What are you going to put in the hi beam?

Boostme has the new edge. Thought it was your pics.

Edit: And what did you paint them with?

I would love to use xenons in hi beams too, but xenons don't light up instantly so I have to stick with halogen bulbs. Going to put 100W bulbs there.

I just sand blasted SN95 housings and gave a quick spray bottle paint. Nothing special.

poniesviii

never finished
Established Member
Looking good.

Interesting, because I've been considering those housings in my lincoln. The whole housing though, with a modified clip. I didn't know they weren't already HID.

FYI anyone looking to purchase those, if you buy them new it's over 600 bones for the pair as far as I've seen. May be able to find a dealership that would work with you. But you're definately going to want to look for some used ones.

Waiting to see your finished pics.

Chris

b dub

4.10's or 4.30's??!!
Established Member
So Moutine both projectors just bolted right into your factory housing? No drilling or anything? How did you have room for both of them in there??

And... How did you end up adjusting the hi/low beams?

And... Did you just order a set of Depo lenses? What did you do to make them fit the housing?

MouTine

Established Member
So Moutine both projectors just bolted right into your factory housing? No drilling or anything? How did you have room for both of them in there??

And... How did you end up adjusting the hi/low beams?

And... Did you just order a set of Depo lenses? What did you do to make them fit the housing?
Both lights bolted into stock housings with minor modifications. I had to grind few diffirent shape of holes into back wall of SN95 housing. There are few piclinks in very first post.

I had to adjust hi and lo beams in same housing versus each other because only adjusting screws after installlation are those original three spots. I don' t want to end up situation that when these are in car and I had adjusted lo beams then I relaize hi beams stick some where totaly else. You see what I mean?

Yes... Depo lenses are just a bit difirent shape than Sylvania housings. I took those lenses out of my Cobra. They fit ok when I grinded housings and lenses to match. No probs after all.

I'll try to install these into car after work. If I have time...

b dub

4.10's or 4.30's??!!
Established Member
Brb, gonna go check at work for some Mazda's....

Looks good. Out of all the HID installs I've seen over the years, I think I like this one the best.

MouTine

Established Member
Brb, gonna go check at work for some Mazda's....

Looks good. Out of all the HID installs I've seen over the years, I think I like this one the best.
[ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mazda6]Mazda6 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

And thanks! Nice to get positive comments.

crash549

kill whitey
Established Member
those mazda headlights are expensive. i'm going to keep an eye out on craigslist though.

95riosnake

Established Member
Shouldn't there be a shroud around the lens of the projector? It looks like when you turn on the light, it's going to shine out through the lens structure, as well as through the lens. Or am I seeing it wrong?

MouTine

Established Member
Shouldn't there be a shroud around the lens of the projector? It looks like when you turn on the light, it's going to shine out through the lens structure, as well as through the lens. Or am I seeing it wrong?
Yes it shines a bit but it doesn't matter. Light pattern in a wall is good and sharp.

I realy don't care what they look like. Main goal was to get maximum light output. It just happenet to look good. =)

MouTine

Established Member
18022010125.gif

P2180081.gif

P2180082.gif

P2180083.gif

P2180086.gif

P2180088.gif

The pictures aren't the best ones. I was so exited when got lights adjusted good. Yes, they are good and gives a lot of light output. Notorius ABS light problem bugged only once. Shame I had to keep in carage untill summer tires got grip enought.

C O 13 R A

Crazy Arms
Established Member
That is fabulous light output! Good handy work. The glare from the projectors in these pic's is it due to the camera or is the glare really that prominent?

MouTine

Established Member
That is fabulous light output! Good handy work. The glare from the projectors in these pic's is it due to the camera or is the glare really that prominent?
Nope. It's just my camera or poor camera skills. Lights looks in IRL very sharp and no glare.

I'll post pics of wireing work next.

Users who are viewing this thread