DIY projector headlights

MouTine

Established Member
Thanks for the all positive comments!

Today I sand blasted and painted SN95 housings. Now they are black. Allso tryed to adjust hi and low beams but it's harder than I thought.

Next step is to try them into car. I'm specially interested do I have to cut more room.

MouTine

Established Member
Im wondwering how to wire them up.
That's not a problem. I'm going to bring new wire from light knob to low beams relay so lows don't drop off when switched to hi beams. Infact, I'm not gona use cars original wires at all.

Today I ordered AMP H1 6000K HID kit for low beams. Allso went to see my Cobra in other garage and took off driver side lens. I was suprised how easily it came off. Luckuy it didn't drop sooner. Pas side was tight, dunno how I gona take it off.

Looks like Depo lens is a bit diffirent shape that Sylvania housing. I need to figur out this dilemma.

Well... Progres at a time. Pics will follow when there is something to show.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
To remove the lens, throw the housing in the oven for a short period of time to loosen the glue.

crash549

kill whitey
Established Member
you don't cook the light. leave it in there just long enough to loosen the glue and the reflective lens will be fine.

boostme

Established Member
Here are a few pics of mine, sorry I don't have any upclose pictures. Sorry for the big pics.

IMG_1155.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_1154.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_0621.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_1151.jpg
[/IMG]

boostme

Established Member
Looks killer. Any more info on how you did them?

There are some retrofit websites with good info: theretrofitsource.com, hidplanet.com and if you go to tazcobra.com and look on his electronics page he has some useful info on how he did his, I used the same projectors that he did.

crash549

kill whitey
Established Member
i don't work on things while i'm drunk either. i always think i did a great job until i wake up and look at the mess.

MouTine

Established Member
Ok life goes on, again. =)

Made a brackets for parking bulbs and adjusted hi and lo beams versus each other. Finaly sealed all caps with black sticky sealant.

Tomorrow I try to crack that other lens off from the car.

I allso explored sevice CD and wireing iagrams and found out that there is no relays at all in original system. That's weird.

Here's latest pic: http://i638.photobucket.com/albums/uu104/moutine/mustang/proj016.jpg?t=1266156991

b dub

4.10's or 4.30's??!!
Established Member
So you used a stock SN95 housing with Mazda halogen projector that bolted right in but instead fitted it with an HID bulb? Where did the bigger housing (hi-beam?) come from? RS6??

How come the photos are of a New Edge wrap-around style light?

MouTine

Established Member
So you used a stock SN95 housing with Mazda halogen projector that bolted right in but instead fitted it with an HID bulb? Where did the bigger housing (hi-beam?) come from? RS6??

How come the photos are of a New Edge wrap-around style light?
Both came out from Mazda 6 headlamp assembly. Both uses standard 55W H1 halogen bulbs, but I'm going to install xenon kit into those low beam projectors.

New Edga say what? I have nothing New Edge related.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread