Diggin' the new MRT Hood Struts

Sitnlopro99gt

Established Member
wow really nice, I'm going to have to get some of those never liked the idea of rivets or screws....

01cobra2020

Established Member
I went ahead and used two 1" 6mm bolts and they worked perfectly. Way better than the stockers did even without the bracket. I just need to go back and paint them black now.

Install tip: make sure you tighten the hell out of the fender bolts. Otherwise you might be left wondering for a few minutes why your hood won't close properly.

Other than that, I'm pleased with the MRT kit now.

THE_STIG

Established Member
I plan to buy some this summer, I have worked on cars with them and I have to say its much easier than if you have a hood prop.

SVT04

Established Member
After all the debate about which brand is better, I think that anything has to be better than the stupid cheap hood prop rod Ford put on. I know they did these things to make the car more affordable but c'mon ..I mean the prop rod is something you expect on an economy car like an SRT 4 :lol:

The "composite" material the Mustang hood is made of is in reality a high grade pressure formed fiberglass resin (with the usual glass fiber mixed in). It is denser than any of the aftermarket fiberglass hoods,but given the choice I would not drill it to put rivets into it.

Thats the beauty of this, you don't have to. If you want to then go ahead,maybe you will have no problems maybe not.

I chose to go with the Classic Design Concepts kit as they were the ones who designed and engineered it first MRT then copied it.

The CDC is a quality kit and works great. :burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread