Difference between 03 Mach 1 and 03 Cobra motor?

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
What is not true, the fact the block is stronger or that it is cast iron?

How about the fact that they can hold the same HP:shrug:....

Neither block is particlarly spectacular and HEAVY doesn't always= Better. ...if you want a block that can safely hold 1000+ hp get the Teksid or aluminator.

Last edited:

scotmach

Established Member
What is not true, the fact the block is stronger or that it is cast iron?
The fact that it is stronger.
How about the fact that they can hold the same HP:shrug:....

Neither block is particlarly spectacular and HEAVY doesn't always= Better. ...if you want a block that can safely hold 1000+ hp get the Teksid or aluminator.

I built my motor with a Teksid.:beer:

03machme

go on and mach me
Established Member
heads and cams are the same looked up the part numbers from ford. but back to the op tell your friend to thorw a blower on there and see if he can run the same PSI as a cobra w/o blowing it lol as everyone said no forged rods and pistons and if it is an auto mach doesnt have a forged crank either

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member
does any one know if the intake cams from the 03-04 cobra/mach1 would perform better than the 97 cobra intake cams with a twin screw blower because i have 03 cobra cams on my 97 cobra with a kb my exhaust cams are stock 97s i just wanted to try out that combo but not sure if i should of stayed with my 97 intake cams, i figured the 03 had stock blowers so it would work better with their intake cams. and if not how much more power would i gain if i were to go back to my 97 intake cams? would it be worth it?

01gtdude

Established Member
"That is absolutely not true."-quote from scotmach

so your saying aluminum is as strong as cast iron? last time i looked aluminum blocks are sleeved and so the cylinder walls WILL be thinner than a cash iron block , hints why ford used a cast iron block on the 03 04 cobra b/c they knew they would throw boost at it and a cast block is without a doubt stronger -case and point

Ben99GT

Just a stock GT
Established Member

so your saying aluminum is as strong as cast iron? last time i looked aluminum blocks are sleeved and so the cylinder walls WILL be thinner than a cash iron block , hints why ford used a cast iron block on the 03 04 cobra b/c they knew they would throw boost at it and a cast block is without a doubt stronger -case and point

The blocks are very different, its not the same block design cast in iron and aluminum.

The aluminum blocks have siamese bores and thus have more material between the cylinders, among numerous other differences.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
does any one know if the intake cams from the 03-04 cobra/mach1 would perform better than the 97 cobra intake cams with a twin screw blower because i have 03 cobra cams on my 97 cobra with a kb my exhaust cams are stock 97s i just wanted to try out that combo but not sure if i should of stayed with my 97 intake cams, i figured the 03 had stock blowers so it would work better with their intake cams. and if not how much more power would i gain if i were to go back to my 97 intake cams? would it be worth it?

The 96-98 cams are better for both n/a and FI combos.

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member

So riddle me this- if the 03/04 Cobra block is so much stronger why are the aluminum Mach blocks rated for the same HP? If the 03/04 Cobra blocks are so strong why are the Teksid and Aluminator blocks rated to hold MORE hp than the 03/04 iron block?

own yourself much:shrug:

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
So riddle me this- if the 03/04 Cobra block is so much stronger why are the aluminum Mach blocks rated for the same HP? If the 03/04 Cobra blocks are so strong why are the Teksid and Aluminator blocks rated to hold MORE hp than the 03/04 iron block?

own yourself much:shrug:

Good God man, ya'll won't make enough hp to bust either block anyway so it really doesn't matter which one is stronger.

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
Good God man, ya'll won't make enough hp to bust either block anyway so it really doesn't matter which one is stronger.

Good point.....but it's the principle of the thing. Look- if both blocks can hold 1000 hp and you only intend to run 600 hp why WOULDN'T you go with an aluminum block?

Of course the Teksid and Aluminator can go well past 1200hp but that's probably overkill for 99% of the folks on this board.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
Good point.....but it's the principle of the thing. Look- if both blocks can hold 1000 hp and you only intend to run 600 hp why WOULDN'T you go with an aluminum block?

Of course the Teksid and Aluminator can go well past 1200hp but that's probably overkill for 99% of the folks on this board.

The Teksid block can handle well over 1000hp also.

Users who are viewing this thread