Did straight pipes on my C6 Z06

Four cam slam

Bacon Enthusiast
Established Member
Sounds good a WOT but, sounds like a mercury outboard most of the time. I'll pass. Nice car though.

Play this video and close your eyes. At some point you will be waiting for "the car" to hit WOT. More idle and less reving toward the end of the video.

YouTube - Drilled Exhaust

Nice car....but that sounds like ass, and you guys know it.:nonono:

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
Sounds good a WOT but, sounds like a mercury outboard most of the time. I'll pass. Nice car though.

Play this video and close your eyes. At some point you will be waiting for "the car" to hit WOT. More idle and less reving toward the end of the video.

I'm kinda with this guy. Very pleased under throttle.:rockon: Start up I was like...ummmm no thanks. :shrug:

SSMOKE-U

Super Petrosexual
Established Member
Idle and small revs sound like an untuned unfinished cheap way to do an exhaust. Wot is a bit better. However, when you're playing with a Z06 it should have a nice refined, tuned sound. You can still have that and be loud. Just don't be as stingy with your $$$.

whiplash306

Established Member
Glad I'm not alone in this as I thought it sounded HORRIBLE, and I'm a former C5Z (Kooks LT's and catless mid along with GHL Bullet cat back) owner! Loud, yes! But pleasing to the ears.....NO!

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member
Sounds good. My friend has the same thing but with lt's and a o/r x and it sounds sick! It almost sounds like it has an aftermarket cam.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It definitely is loud, that's for sure. I would have personally done headers, paired with a nice, tuned catback setup. That's a bit over the top. I would be very concerned about LEOs in your area, because from what I remember about CA (I used to live there), they are pretty strict with noise. It's not your DD so you'll reduce the odds of getting a ticket, but that is so loud I just don't see you going very long without getting one. :(

Zentenk

Established Member
Sounds loud, there is no drone at cruising speeds? A loud hum in the cabin? There are no cats on this set up? I may do black exhaust tip, I been wondering about black chrome though.

2003 Silver

Banned
That's LOUD lol!!! I have mild to wild, muffler mod and a cam and I have some drone....you have to have some. Will it pass tough CA emissions?

Terminator-Fox

Soon...
Established Member
It did kind of have an outboard motor burble to it at idle. Honestly if I heard the car before seeing it I would think it was just an old chevy truck with straights. It's probably cause I'm used to hearing that stuff here in corn country. Nice car though.

Users who are viewing this thread