Did someone ever experienced this

Alensvsix

Established Member
Im so sad...

Ah friend...Ive didnt seen for 15 years suddenly resurfaced.
Out of nowhere I got an phone call:

"Hey, how are you..how have you been...lets go out and eat something...ect..."

Suggested by him I agreed to meet up with him and my wifey by my side ( shield against evilness )

So yeah said and done. We went out had a dinner, we were basically talking and laughing about the good old times.
On a sidenote he mentioned he is allready moving again and yeah we had an dinner with alot of laughing but what I didnt liked was the way he bothered me with questions.

Like out of nothing and (kind of) not appropriate on the discussion, he sort of interrupted with yeah..."when we used to were small...funny...uuuuhm what exactlys your profession?
And while we were laughing...I was telling him....
Then againa few mins later...he was kinda not really following the
discussion ( wifey didnt got it but I were very observative on the situation )
again...interrupting...
"Oh and where actually are you working?"
"Where are you living"...and so and and so on...
At one point I didnt wanted to be rude but kept the information not to obvious, like his last question were I actually live.
Okay dinner was over, we had a great time...only thing...I had a feeling..you know such a guts feeling.
Well anyhow, we even set a date for a nxt cometogether at our place, wich I disnt revealed him...I just said gonna call you and give you the adress in a few days....
We left the restaurant..and everything was cool.
While driving home I was telling my wife about my guts feeling and that I had a feeling that him beeing soooo nice kind of felt for me ...like him playing it...
Wifey said..dont be so negative, good ole friend cometogether why not?
I was like...yeah...true why not...

Guys, ....

Two days later I recieved an phone call, in the middle of an meeting, now get this:
It was him...
"Hey, whats up buddy?"

"Where ya at right now?"

I stated..
"in the office as always.."

"Uuuhm you have any time now?" he asked
I aswered:
"Well not really but whats up?"
He then...
"Uuuh well Im telling it in your face,
Uuuhm you know that Iam moving..."
I was like:

"Yeeees?"

"Well Im right now standing infront of an furniture I really want
and havent got enough money, saying it straight..
would you borrow me the money for? Youll getting it back! No prob...just need it right now."

-My heart broke into a billion pieces in that second- :-(
This guy wasnt interested in a friendship...it was all about money....

I just interrupted him and told him Ill call him back as the connection started getting bad...
All the time he was just seeking for money...

Moral of the story:

Listen what your guts are telling you and dont be to naiv about out of nowhere surfacing "friends" from the past...

My sad story of the weekend :-(

Last edited:

Tmatt142

Established Member
yeah, that sucks man…. One of my good buddies has been in and out of rehab the last few years. I won't hear from him for long periods, then out of the blue, he'll call and it's the same feeling you get. I know he's wanting to crash at my place or get a meal out of me etc. I finally told him, don't call me till you've been clean/sober for at least a year and you've got your shit halfway together. And just to be clear, I've handed out quite a bit of money to him in the past to "help" him out…

Sorry that happened to ya man, it's always a tough situation to be put in. Just keep your distance.

Jroc

Established Member
Your grammar needs some work as your thread is a little hard to read and comprehend. I'm not wanting to be a dick by saying that, but for real try and edit some of that if you want people to take the time to read it.

But anyways why don't you just go beat his ass? I mean what's the worst that can happen? You go to jail, get raped, become some old fat guys biatch? I mean at least you beat his arse, right?

But no I've never had that happen. I did have a ex-GF on the west coast that I hadn't seen in like 4 years write me a letter one time out the blue, and this is after I had long since moved back east,(IDK how she got my address, but people can find out all kinds of chit these days) and then when I wrote her back she wanted to act like I was the one trying to reach out to her after all these years, and I'm thinking WTF.

Last edited:

spitin venom

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Established Member
People are shady. I think it is obvious that you shouldn't hang out with this guy again. I have always done pretty well financially and have noticed that people have no shame asking for freebies and actually get angry when you tell them no. Cut people like this out of your life.

Alensvsix

Established Member
We all work hard, right? Its OUR hard earned money...and then such a dirt bag comes along and starts thinking you are his personal money machine...
This really makes me angry.
Yeah I could have beaten the sh... out of him but Im not doing such things because he was speaking alot of personal stuff regarding my mother...and...****...it hurts...

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
Youll end up being the dickhead because you won't lend an old friend some money when he needed it

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Wow sad post. Sad.

How do you even have a job OP?
Are you an undocumented immigrant by chance?

Zemedici

Established Member
Geez guys, perhaps he's not living in the united states? We have people on this forum from Germany, belgium, japan, etc.

oldmodman

Established Member
Haven't heard from an old "friend" for 15 years and he suddenly pops up.

You know that they are calling to get something.

Place to crash. Place to hide from the cops or the mob.

Or the most likely thing. Money.

If you are loaded and can't figure out what to do with it all. Give them some with the stipulation that if you ever hear from them again they will be ignored.

Or better yet just don't answer any calls or emails at all.

B746

Resident Logician
Established Member
From experience, cut all contact. Don't answer his calls or anything. You need to distance yourself from leeches in life like this.

Oh and if you haven't lent friends money before, DO NOT DO IT. I won't get into my experiences, but I have lent out large amounts of money, and I will never get any of it back. Some people are just users. As a hard working, honest person, those users seek you out and take advantage of you.

Best of luck OP.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I've had that happen before. Fortunately, only a couple of times. It sucks when it happens, especially when it's someone you're close to. Like a family member or friend. Thankfully you didn't get caught unprepared where your emotions pushed you to "help" him out.

ctubbs

Established Member
Happens to me all the time. "Friends" call me all the time when they need to borrow money, need help moving, can't afford Xmas gifts for their kids, etc. But if I ever call them I get voicemails or they won't reply to texts for days. I just bailed someone out of jail a few weeks ago, and they said they would pay me back. Yesterday they text me asking if I knew anyone who can tint the windows on their truck, but they still haven't paid me back. Irritating

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
Yes that has happened to me before and its very annoying.

I had a buddy who would always need money or try and get a free meal because he was always broke. I learned real quick not to fall into his little games. The old saying "who needs enemies with friends like that" comes to mind.

On a side note, some of you need to take it easy with the grammar police crap. This guy might not live in the states. Or maybe English wasn't his first language. Chill the eff out.

MIDTNSVT

Established Member
Almost got a headache after trying to dis cypher your grammar, but after reading I felt your pain. Similar situation happened to me, and I was straight up with him. I told him that I work sixty plus hours every week, and had bills just like everybody else(he wanted $$ to pay some bills). I also told him that I knew of a few places hiring, and if he wanted to get a second job I would be happy to be a reference. Needless to say his Denali got repo'd and his phone got cut off. It's one of those- give a man fish to eat, or the fishing pole-type situations.

bodge323

Established Member
I have not had that particular experience but I have no problem telling fair weather friends what I think. For instance, the people that only show up for house parties or when they want something. They quickly find out what I think of them.

Users who are viewing this thread