Diablosport tune discussion, much lower gains than advertised, good read

03dsgdreams

Established Member
The Intune & XCal are just tools that both do the same function.

I use the Xbox and PS3 reference pretty often. Both allow you to play the same games with some slightly different functions.

While I can't guarantee any substantial gains with the canned tune, I can assure you that gains of 15-17rwhp are achievable with a custom tune. We've done numerous cars in house with the Intune and made great power, we've actually got a 2012 on the dyno today getting a custom tune with an InTune.

So who won the free Intune give away? I hope it was me :)

Bowtie-X

Oh No.. not a NOOB again.
Established Member
Well..diablo have a in house ford tuner name Brian M. However, this is the same guy who said that the new coyotes shouldn't be dynoed in 5th gear as 4th gear is closer to 1:1 lol! Now how can you trust for someone to tune your car that doesn't even know which gear is 1:1.

I was pretty dissapointed with procal due to pinging and excessive drive train clunks that it was causing whenever I get on and off the throttle. After going back and fourth on what I should do I finally decided to go with in tune and airaid combo. I specifically chose airaid because it looked as tho it was the only intake with almost zero maf issues which cause idle problems. Then I picked the in tune vs SCT as I thought I would have zero chance of bricking my ecm. Well...although the ping and clunks are gone now I have to deal with idle problems and crappy sotp feel. I know buttdyno doesn't really mean crap, but one thing for certain is that procal wins when it comes to low rpm sotp feel. The only spot where I really feel something with diablo 93 airaid tune is in the mid range. The top and low rpm suck. Not to mention I get 2-3* of kr on wot which I was told it was normal but according to bama guys they have zero.

Now I understand sometimes tune might need to be dialed in. However, support from diablos ford tuner is like trying to get support from a hot headed air balloon. He is always right and you are always wrong lol. You ask questions and it get avoided like we are asking CIA secrets.

Fun4me

Established Member
Well..diablo have a in house ford tuner name Brian M. However, this is the same guy who said that the new coyotes shouldn't be dynoed in 5th gear as 4th gear is closer to 1:1 lol! Now how can you trust for someone to tune your car that doesn't even know which gear is 1:1.

I was pretty dissapointed with procal due to pinging and excessive drive train clunks that it was causing whenever I get on and off the throttle. After going back and fourth on what I should do I finally decided to go with in tune and airaid combo. I specifically chose airaid because it looked as tho it was the only intake with almost zero maf issues which cause idle problems. Then I picked the in tune vs SCT as I thought I would have zero chance of bricking my ecm. Well...although the ping and clunks are gone now I have to deal with idle problems and crappy sotp feel. I know buttdyno doesn't really mean crap, but one thing for certain is that procal wins when it comes to low rpm sotp feel. The only spot where I really feel something with diablo 93 airaid tune is in the mid range. The top and low rpm suck. Not to mention I get 2-3* of kr on wot which I was told it was normal but according to bama guys they have zero.

Now I understand sometimes tune might need to be dialed in. However, support from diablos ford tuner is like trying to get support from a hot headed air balloon. He is always right and you are always wrong lol. You ask questions and it get avoided like we are asking CIA secrets.
The AM BAMA deal seems preety solid, for $400 the offer the Intune w/ free tunes for life. And they don't inflate their #'s, they straight tell you that the peak hp gains suck but you have better throttle response.
Wish JPC would offer a similar package.:idea:

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member

I seriously LOLed when I read that about 4th being the closest 1:1 gear on the MT82. Obviously this dude didn't know what he was talking about. The ratios are posted all over the internet. I think even the Autos have 5th as their closest 1:1 gear as well.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member

5pointohh

ballin' on a budget
Established Member
LOL @ some of you guys...

The intune is a tuning device, just like the sct. I would love to see track numbers on a auto 5.0 with the canned 93 oct tune (both intune and sct) and I bet they are damn near identical. Considering I went 12.40-12.50 on the canned 93 tune for my 13 5.0 A6, completely stock other than a axleback I'm satisfied. I've had quite a few conversations with Brian @ diablo, and he sure does know his tuning and they have awesome customer service. I will back diablo over sct, I've had several bad experiences with sct and will never, ever purchase anymore of their junk.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
LOL @ some of you guys...

The intune is a tuning device, just like the sct. I would love to see track numbers on a auto 5.0 with the canned 93 oct tune (both intune and sct) and I bet they are damn near identical. Considering I went 12.40-12.50 on the canned 93 tune for my 13 5.0 A6, completely stock other than a axleback I'm satisfied. I've had quite a few conversations with Brian @ diablo, and he sure does know his tuning and they have awesome customer service. I will back diablo over sct, I've had several bad experiences with sct and will never, ever purchase anymore of their junk.

We aren't knocking the Intune. We are knocking how Diablosport handled the canned tune issues presented in this thread. And knocking the canned tune itself I guess.

CruuzRR

Established Member
Humm. I just ordered an intune and should be here by early next week. I hope I'm satisfied with it when I get it installed. Not exactly what I like to read just after I purchased it. Figures! :-/

Last edited:

RFM50

Established Member
I really don't understand why anyone would feel comfortable running there 30k car with a canned tuned. There are way to many reputable custom tuners out there to even feel it necessary to run a canned tune.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Sounds like the procal would be pretty close to the same thing as running a canned intune tune.

After the 4th gear is the closest to 1:1 comment from there lead ford calibration guy they lost all creditability in my eyes.

-Thomas

Fun4me

Established Member
I think its agreed that their canned tune and their inhouse tuners suck ass. However, the platform looks promising. I just wish some more tuners would get involved, and offer custom tunes. AM w/BAMA is a pretty good deal @ $400 for the tuner w/ tunes for life included. Now some more tuners should step-up and offer similar deals.

After browsing through the Diablo forums, I didn't see even one instance of any supported vehicle needing to get towed to the dealer.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Sounds like the procal would be pretty close to the same thing as running a canned intune tune.

After the 4th gear is the closest to 1:1 comment from there lead ford calibration guy they lost all creditability in my eyes.

-Thomas

Nope, very happy with my Procal. Significant difference over stock, and almost 4mph gain in the 1/4.

squeak93

Established Member
Nope, very happy with my Procal. Significant difference over stock, and almost 4mph gain in the 1/4.

I'm very happy with my Procal too. I had about the same gains. My car runs within a tenth of a base model gt with a bama tune as well.

Users who are viewing this thread