Diablosport tune discussion, much lower gains than advertised, good read

blackcoyote13

Established Member
Hi folks,

One of the guys that I know from another forum is having some discussions with Diablosport on the apparently recurrent tune issues he is having. His car is not making more than 9hp over stock with their 93 tune after 12 tune updates, per the posts.

Good read so far, wondering what Diablosport will do to help. Any thoughts for him? I feel bad :shrug:

Diablosport Forums • View topic - 1ro1g tune for Ford = 332whp SAE for 5.0 GT..?

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
I was in the same boat. I installed their standard, "canned" 93 performance tune (NOT any of the CAI versions) and I only picks up a peak 10.47 RWHP and 7.1 RWTQ from it with GT500 ABs. Yeah, that's still an improvement, but still. They need to add some disclosure to their website about the whole 30+ hp stuff....

DIB5.0

Established Member
The problem is the 30+ hp that they advertise is throughout the curve. Peak rwhp of a tune only is only around 10rwhp.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
I just read that thread. Did that Diablosport guy seriously say that 4th gear in a M6 is the best gear for dyno pulls because it's the closet to 1:1? :lol1: WTF?!? Ford cleary states that 5th is the 1:1 gear on the MT82....

The problem is the 30+ hp that they advertise is throughout the curve. Peak rwhp of a tune only is only around 10rwhp.
I can post up my dyno graph right now, and you can clearly see no where do I come close to a 20 rwhp curve improvement (corrected from before, I put the wrong number). The largest gain I can see in TQ is about 15 or so right around 5300 RPM

B40E2784-17DF-4CD2-89EE-F624EDC3CE80-1302-000000A1E9B133BF.jpg

Last edited:

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
blackcoyote13, tell your buddy he is not alone. He is welcome to email me and I can give him some details of my experience with the Intune on my stock 5.0 M6 as well to use as backup on his side of things.

blackcoyote13

Established Member
Hey DirtyD88,

Thanks for your posts. Please see below as I asked my buddy for his dynograph. The 2nd to latest tune for 93 octane that they provided is attached (latest made 3 or so more hp up top only). Red is stock, blue is their 93 octane tune. Not sure why this has not come to light before.

On a side note, anyone have Steeda dyno #'s for the Ultimate Induction Pak? They are claiming 30-40hp with their setup, might recommend to my bud if there are some claims to support the numbers? Seems pretty high for intake/tune..

image.jpg

Last edited:

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Hey DirtyD88,

Thanks for your posts. Please see below as I asked my buddy for his dynograph. The 2nd to latest tune for 93 octane that they provided is attached (latest made 3 or so more hp up top only). Red is stock, blue is their 93 octane tune. Not sure why this has not come to light before.

On a side note, anyone have Steeda dyno #'s for the Ultimate Induction Pak? They are claiming 30-40hp with their setup, might recommend to my bud if there are some claims to support the numbers? Seems pretty high for intake/tune..

image.jpg
Funny thing, his curves are almost identical to mine in terms of where the gains were made. I am assuming he has a 3.31 gear car as his numbers seem to be low for a stock car (no way GT500 axle backs gained me 10 rwhp/9 rwtq. :lol1:

I couldn't figure out how to sign up over at Diablosports forum site, or else I would post in the thread myself.

Fun4me

Established Member
Ok, so the canned tune sucks. What about custum tunes for the Intune? Who sells custom tunes, other than JPC, Bama, and amazon? Has anyone dynoed a custom tune.
It seems like the Intune is a good platform, if someone can squeeze some gains out.

Aaron@JPCRacing

Established Member
The Intune & XCal are just tools that both do the same function.

I use the Xbox and PS3 reference pretty often. Both allow you to play the same games with some slightly different functions.

While I can't guarantee any substantial gains with the canned tune, I can assure you that gains of 15-17rwhp are achievable with a custom tune. We've done numerous cars in house with the Intune and made great power, we've actually got a 2012 on the dyno today getting a custom tune with an InTune.

Bowtie-X

Oh No.. not a NOOB again.
Established Member
Do any of you with in tune had or have any idle issues? I been running my in tune with 93 airaid tune to be specific and since the tune went on my idle been surging and fluctuating from time to time especially when the fan kick on. Never had this problem before even when I was running procal and my airaid cai with no tune insert. Performed idle relearn many times and checked for leaks but no luck. Raising the idle rpm a little didn't change either.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
The Intune & XCal are just tools that both do the same function.

I use the Xbox and PS3 reference pretty often. Both allow you to play the same games with some slightly different functions.

While I can't guarantee any substantial gains with the canned tune, I can assure you that gains of 15-17rwhp are achievable with a custom tune. We've done numerous cars in house with the Intune and made great power, we've actually got a 2012 on the dyno today getting a custom tune with an InTune.
Tuning a vehicle is like buying a suit. You can go to a chain store and buy an "off the shelf" suit that may fit you okay, sleeves may be long, chest may be tight, and the pants may be too baggy. Or you can go to a tailor, have your body measured, and have the suit made to fit your body exactly. This is how a custom tune is to a "canned" tune.

Do any of you with in tune had or have any idle issues? I been running my in tune with 93 airaid tune to be specific and since the tune went on my idle been surging and fluctuating from time to time especially when the fan kick on. Never had this problem before even when I was running procal and my airaid cai with no tune insert. Performed idle relearn many times and checked for leaks but no luck. Raising the idle rpm a little didn't change either.
If you read through the thread on Diablosport's forum in which blackcoyote13 posted in the first post, you will see there have been a few others with idle surge issues. You are best off contacting Diablosport directly to bring your issue to their attention. There may be an update or tune revision.

blackcoyote13

Established Member
Per the OP in the DiabloSport thread, he switched over to SCT and is having zero issues now. Also interesting to hear that the DiabloSport "20hp" dyno gains were because they baseline dyno'd with stock 87 octane gas and then switched to 93 octane and a tune at the same time, showing really big gains. 93 octane stock vs 93 octane tuned for their canned tunes is only about 8-9 hp up top, with minimal under the curve gains, unlike the Bama tunes.

Roll tide!

Bowtie-X

Oh No.. not a NOOB again.
Established Member
Per the OP in the DiabloSport thread, he switched over to SCT and is having zero issues now. Also interesting to hear that the DiabloSport "20hp" dyno gains were because they baseline dyno'd with stock 87 octane gas and then switched to 93 octane and a tune at the same time, showing really big gains. 93 octane stock vs 93 octane tuned for their canned tunes is only about 8-9 hp up top, with minimal under the curve gains, unlike the Bama tunes.

Roll tide!

What's sad is that they don't seem to really give a squat. Not even "is your car running OK?" Dissapointed say the least. At least in tune guys can now fall back on bama since they are now offering tunes via in tune officially.

blackcoyote13

Established Member
Agreed, I think that is why the guy sent the InTune back and got the SCT tuner, instead of just having Bama tune the InTune. They dont seem to care much.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
That really sucks...and I think people that do baseline 87 runs and then claim HP gains for 93 tunes after that are borderline fraud, and BS. Very disappointed to hear this...

Users who are viewing this thread