Diablosport Intune

chao5.0

Established Member
I think I might just bite the bullet and buy this. I can always run the pre-loaded tune until I can get a custom tune. That way I can stop getting flack about wanting to run a CAI on a stock tune car...:poke:

from what i understand you'll see a better performance gain from an o/r h or x pipe and a custom tune instead of a cai. my first bolt-ons will be o/r x pipe, custom tune, and cat-back exhaust.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
from what i understand you'll see a better performance gain from an o/r h or x pipe and a custom tune instead of a cai. my first bolt-ons will be o/r x pipe, custom tune, and cat-back exhaust.
Already running GT500 ABs, but I think an ORX/ORH will be too much for me right now as far as noise level. I still actually try to use my SYNC to talk, but the road noise is so damn loud it's retarded.

5pointohh

ballin' on a budget
Established Member
DiabloMike

Just curious, i've "googled" the Intune reviews for mustangs - and no where else does it say "won't leave a footprint" on other forums. Why is this? Was this a fubar of some sort that just was recently discovered? Or going in to the product was that part of the design & intent?

seank

Lateral G Lover
Established Member
i think he meant that if ford detects the tune you get compensated in some way because you've lost your factory warranty at that point. makes sense because it shows they're willing to back up their claim of it not being able to be detected. however there should be a stipulation in that clause that they cover mildly modded cars only to cover their a**.

Exactly. If the fact is Ford will never see this thing's operation. Then it should be easy to find an underwriter to cover any warranty issue that would be denied when using this device. Similar to BAMA. I think the cost would be easy to overlook for how many sales it would generate.

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
I have an I-tune and used it on my 06 GT. I did wonders for the car. Really woke it up and the trans firm shift for the auto was fantastic. Just purchased a an '11 sixxer and I will install it in that car and report back on my findings.

old....

100_0132.jpg

new....

vertwithmods.jpg
congrats on the new ride!!

Feel free to bring it by (or the 7.3) and I'll get it tuned up for you!

5pointohh

ballin' on a budget
Established Member
Exactly. If the fact is Ford will never see this thing's operation. Then it should be easy to find an underwriter to cover any warranty issue that would be denied when using this device. Similar to BAMA. I think the cost would be easy to overlook for how many sales it would generate.

my thoughts exactly

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
Confused a little.....So with this tuner you are ONLY limited to the tunes that DiabloSport has preloaded on it? What about if you have a handful of different mods?

Can Steeda/Bama/AED etc etc use this tuner to load their "customized for you" tunes on this?
Yes, you can load as many custom tunes as you'd like, via super simple drag/drop file transfers :)

No, it works just like an SCT. It comes with preloaded tunes and ALSO has the ability for custom tuning. You can have to tuner of your choice use it to do your tune.
exactamundo!

Only tuners using CMR can do custom tunes for these. A few of them are mentioned towards the beginning of the thread. Obviously one is JPC, but I think Amazon, and C&L are a few others.

We are hoping that AED, Bama, and the others will jump on the CMR bandwagon though.
Bamachips has CMR :)

Don't they have to use the CMR based software for the custom tunes though?
Yes...

DiabloMike

Just curious, i've "googled" the Intune reviews for mustangs - and no where else does it say "won't leave a footprint" on other forums. Why is this? Was this a fubar of some sort that just was recently discovered? Or going in to the product was that part of the design & intent?
We've always identified it as being undetectable, from our site:

inTune Features:
Lightweight components, compact construction and removable cables for mobility
Free automatic online updates for life with supplied USB cable
One part number suppports all applcations
Full color touch screen
Includes multiple preloaded tunes for all vehicle applications
Tune multiple supported vehicles (1 at a time)
Supports custom tuning and holds unlimited custom tunes
The most adjustable parameters on the market
Easy to use-simple 4 step tuning
Analog input-hook up wideband sensors, egt sensors and more
Features DiabloSport's "vehicle detection engine"-automatically detects your vehicle and provides you with all available tunes
Hassle free menu navigation and simple layouts for worry free tuning
Included datalogging functionality and free downloadable software (Dataviewer)
Universal diagnostic tool
MAC compatible with drag and drop file transfer/updates
Warranty safe-no fingerprints, watermarks or counters
Designed, engineered and manufactured in the USA
1 Year warranty and and 30 day money back guarantee

squeak93

Established Member
I too am liking what i see here but am curious as to why no warranty if the claims that ford cannot see it are true? Are there legal issues behind back dooring the tune line this or does diablo just want the customer to be the Guinea pig on this one?

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
I too am liking what i see here but am curious as to why no warranty if the claims that ford cannot see it are true? Are there legal issues behind back dooring the tune line this or does diablo just want the customer to be the Guinea pig on this one?
The tool carries a warranty, nobody offers warranties against what the dealer may have to say ;)

squeak93

Established Member
True but some like bama and procal offer a warranty if ford denies the factory warranty due to the tune.

I like the product and will most likely end up ditching the procal for it but am really just curious i suppose. :)

BigMackCoyote

I have a Boost Leak!
Established Member
I was debating buying a 2013 Gt. With your warranty safe tune would I be able to take it to the dealership unmodded with just your tune on and them not be able to tell i have a tune if they scan for it or will I have to change it back to the original tune/file before i go back? If so i would pick this up and go to jpc for a custom tune.

squeak93

Established Member
I think u have to out the stock tune back on but there will be no trace that anyone has tuned it.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
No tuning for the 99-04s?
Edit, thought this was in the tuning forum. Carry on
Sent with my Massive Johnson

Last edited:

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
I think u have to out the stock tune back on but there will be no trace that anyone has tuned it.
exactly.

Problem with going to the dealer with a tune installed is that they are very likely to update the PCM to the latest calibrations, which wipes out your tune and will confuse your tuner as well, so restoring it back to stock before going to the dealer is always the best practice.

Thanks

cobra199711

Established Member
Spoke to JPC- they are in a meeting in regards to 2013 tuning right now. Very appealing tuner here. If the performance is comparable to the SCT tunes by the "big guys" I would be even more interested! Are they?

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
Spoke to JPC- they are in a meeting in regards to 2013 tuning right now. Very appealing tuner here. If the performance is comparable to the SCT tunes by the "big guys" I would be even more interested! Are they?
Our Ford calibrator feels his preloaded, canned tunes, are every bit as good and more thoroughly developed than any of the email tunes being offered currently.

Thanks!

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
No tuning for the 99-04s?
Edit, thought this was in the tuning forum. Carry on
Sent with my Massive Johnson
Yes, to confirm...98-13 Mustangs are all supported in this one tool. (It also does GM and Dodge applications).

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread