Diablosport Intune

zinc03svt

Big Red
Established Member
Yah! This is what I have been waiting for before I pull the trigger on 12/13 GT or Boss. Do not want dealer ****ing me over because of SCT tune. Thank you...

chao5.0

Established Member
if this tuner does in deed everything you say it can and doesn't have all the issues a SCT handheld tuner has with loading and unloading tunes then i'm in. i already knew i was going to have to do a remote tune because the local tuners are mostly LSX based and i haven't heard enough positive things about the few local ford tuners to make me comfortable with them like i was with my LSX tuner.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
if this tuner does in deed everything you say it can and doesn't have all the issues a SCT handheld tuner has with loading and unloading tunes then i'm in. i already knew i was going to have to do a remote tune because the local tuners are mostly LSX based and i haven't heard enough positive things about the few local ford tuners to make me comfortable with them like i was with my LSX tuner.
Same here. The few Diablo tuners close to where I live don't have the best track record with their tunes.

Might look into HPP, TrueStreet, and a few others over towards Dallas if I go this route.

whatwhine

Established Member
Does anyone want to b a guinea pig for the whole "no footprint " deal???? I want this concept very bad but I still can't shake being denied a new engine because 1 table in the PCM shows a red flag. Or that a little black box won't record a different set of parameters.
I wanna believe though....

ViciousJay

Established Member
Does anyone want to b a guinea pig for the whole "no footprint " deal???? I want this concept very bad but I still can't shake being denied a new engine because 1 table in the PCM shows a red flag. Or that a little black box won't record a different set of parameters.

if a couple guys wanna chip in ill do it to my car.

Side note Aaron @ JPC whats the going rate on this handheld plus a tune from you guys?

seank

Lateral G Lover
Established Member
Maybe they should offer some sort of warranty if they are absolutely confident that Ford can't see this ever.

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
Too bad. I am already tuned with SCT, therefore I can't get the benefit of the "no footprint" aspect of this tuner. But, for new guys...this is a good chance to get into a tune with no record for Big Brother. I have no desire to change my tune at this point as I am quite clearly very quick.

Mike

chao5.0

Established Member
they do, 1 year limited and 30days money back...

i think he meant that if ford detects the tune you get compensated in some way because you've lost your factory warranty at that point. makes sense because it shows they're willing to back up their claim of it not being able to be detected. however there should be a stipulation in that clause that they cover mildly modded cars only to cover their a**.

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
the very first 5.0 GT we tuned here had the 'clutch issues' and spent 2 weeks at the dealership, no issues there :)

Heavyfoot

Established Member
Does the "no footprint" only apply to their tunes? Or will it also include custom tunes?
Also, i seen American muscle also uses diablo tuners. So they should be able to tune using these.

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
Does the "no footprint" only apply to their tunes? Or will it also include custom tunes?
Also, i seen American muscle also uses diablo tuners. So they should be able to tune using these.
Any tune flashed with our tools, canned or custom :)

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
I think I might just bite the bullet and buy this. I can always run the pre-loaded tune until I can get a custom tune. That way I can stop getting flack about wanting to run a CAI on a stock tune car...:poke:

ViciousJay

Established Member
I think I might just bite the bullet and buy this. I can always run the pre-loaded tune until I can get a custom tune. That way I can stop getting flack about wanting to run a CAI on a stock tune car...:poke:

keep the stock intake on, you really wont benefit from one

2012GTCS

Established Member
Confused a little.....So with this tuner you are ONLY limited to the tunes that DiabloSport has preloaded on it? What about if you have a handful of different mods?

Can Steeda/Bama/AED etc etc use this tuner to load their "customized for you" tunes on this?

Aaron@JPCRacing

Established Member
Confused a little.....So with this tuner you are ONLY limited to the tunes that DiabloSport has preloaded on it? What about if you have a handful of different mods?

Can Steeda/Bama/AED etc etc use this tuner to load their "customized for you" tunes on this?

No, it works just like an SCT. It comes with preloaded tunes and ALSO has the ability for custom tuning. You can have to tuner of your choice use it to do your tune.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Only tuners using CMR can do custom tunes for these. A few of them are mentioned towards the beginning of the thread. Obviously one is JPC, but I think Amazon, and C&L are a few others.

We are hoping that AED, Bama, and the others will jump on the CMR bandwagon though.

5pointohh

ballin' on a budget
Established Member
i'm really liking this...thankfully I didn't pull the trigger on a SCT, and i was so close. will make my decision by the end of day if i'm going to purchase one today. i most likely will :-D

Users who are viewing this thread