Diablosport Intune

ArtVandalay16

Established Member
I'm currently SCT tuned...say I buy intune, will intune erased scts previous visible code or is it too late for me to try and keep warranty? Thanks.

Shaun@AED

I just did a read of all available mode 6 and mode 9 data, and there is waaay to much misinformation in this thread :)

The PCM is not keeping a list of CVNs. The CVN does change when a tune is loaded, but it goes back to the stock value when the backup is restored (using one of our tools). Again, if you flash the vehicle back to stock, there is NOTHING for the dealer, or anyone else, to see.
There is no list of CVNs as someone mentioned earlier.

Key counts do not change either, so again, there is NO way for anyone to detect one of our tunes having been installed once restored back to stock.

Very Interesting....

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
someone should verify this claim that isn't a diablo distributor or diablo them self.
Agreed ;)

Anyone with access to IDS, or a cardaq, or MCS1, can easily get this data, takes all of 30 seconds to connect and find it.

I am told that in the future, Ford will start keeping a list of CVNs, much like GM does currently, but we are prepared for that and will make sure that our flashes do NOT show up in the list at all...:rolling:

ViciousJay

Established Member
someone should verify this claim that isn't a diablo distributor or diablo them self.

I got your distributor right here! :bash: No ive had countless issues with SCT, everytime i loaded a ****ing tune on my car i would end up with a nasty head of run arounds and praying id get my car started. And dont get me started on CRAP LINK! trying to get PIDs to work was a JOKE :nonono::rollseyes

i got fed up finally and said **** it id rather stay stock!

Last edited:

chao5.0

Established Member
I got your distributor right here! :bash: No ive had countless issues with SCT, everytime i loaded a ****ing tune on my car i would end up with a nasty head of run arounds and praying id get my car started. And dont get me started on CRAP LINK! trying to get PIDs to work was a JOKE :nonono::rollseyes

you missed what i was saying, i was agreeing with you, SCT has had to many issues as of lately and i was agreeing that someone verify these claims before we (the customers) start laying out cash for a product that may or may not leave traces of a tune.

ViciousJay

Established Member
you missed what i was saying, i was agreeing with you, SCT has had to many issues as of lately and i was agreeing that someone verify these claims before we (the customers) start laying out cash for a product that may or may not leave traces of a tune.

whoops my bad, i have anger issues at sct as of right now :lol1:

im sure someone can load it, return it to stock and have a friend at ford check it for us

Last edited:

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Don, you have buddies that are techs, you should try this out on the GT/CS! If you don't like it, sell it to me for cheap!

chao5.0

Established Member
whoops my bad, i have anger issues at sct as of right now :lol1:

im sure someone can load it, return it to stock and have a friend at ford check it for us

i would be mad to if i paid that much money for something and had to keep sending it back and possibly buy a new ecu because it locked it up.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
DiabloMike,

If I were to purchase the Intune from Aaron or from y'all at Diablo, tuned the car, then took it to Ford after a couple of days of driving, to have them check to see if anything was present, would they be able to call the Hotline and just try and dig deeper to test your theory? And if they do find something, can I return it full refund?

ViciousJay

Established Member
DiabloMike,

If I were to purchase the Intune from Aaron or from y'all at Diablo, tuned the car, then took it to Ford after a couple of days of driving, to have them check to see if anything was present, would they be able to call the Hotline and just try and dig deeper to test your theory? And if they do find something, can I return it full refund?

the plot thickin's

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
DiabloMike,

Trust me, I have more tools available to me here than any tech at any dealership.

Assuming you left the tune in the car, they'd have to read it out to prove anything was changed, and there is no dealer level tool that has any read capabilities.

We offer a 30 day satisfaction guarantee on all of our products, so if you decide you want to return it within 30 days for any reason, well, so be it :beer:

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
I'll check the budget at the end of the month. If I have the funds to do so before the first car payment, I'm just going to bite the bullet...

Eric@jpc

Established Member
Well they do have a 30 refund policy, so I don't see why not. I should probably just not ask and do it, but I'd like to be forward with my plans. It would finally give us an answer...

Here is what im willing to do.

I'll sell you an intune tomorrow for retail.

Now if you install the tune and go to the dealer see if they find it. If they dont find it i will refund you $100 for your time and you keep the intune.(you also have to update this thread) If they do find and your not happy i will refund you %100 and you can send me the tool back.

Do we have a deal?

:beer:

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor

Now if you install the tune and go to the dealer see if they find it. If they dont find it i will refund you $100 for your time and you keep the intune.(you also have to update this thread) If they do find and your not happy i will refund you %100 and you can send me the tool back.

Do we have a deal?

Now that's a heck of an offer Eric, awesome!:beer:

Can't wait to put this one to bed:pop:

seank

Lateral G Lover
Established Member

Do we have a deal?

That's an awesome offer but who pays for his warranty work in the future if they do see that it has been flashed and the vin/car gets black listed for being tuned?

Eric@jpc

Established Member
That's an awesome offer but who pays for his warranty work in the future if they do see that it has been flashed and the vin/car gets black listed for being tuned?

Well i cant offer to pay for his warranty, but maybe he planed on doing a tune soon anyway.

Thats all i can offer at this point i think its a fair deal.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member

Do we have a deal?

If you are down, I will gladly accept your offer, and I will make sure to keep this thread updated on my findings. I believe Diablo's word, as I was raised to take a man's word is as good as anything. I know that you aren't out to be skeptics, I just like my warranty.

Eric, you can either send me an email or PM through SVT, or if you'd like me to just call, I can do so.

Users who are viewing this thread