DFW SVTP Picture Day " Official Thread"!

coleman

Established Member
I can't wait for the next official GTG ... I want to get my back up and running again by May 15th for the Kennedale event.
So, I'm going to start tearing into her tomorrow morning.
You are more than welcome to come by and watch a true novice mechanic hone his skills on a $35K sports car ... lol

MTI LS1

coleman said:
I can't wait for the next official GTG ... I want to get my back up and running again by May 15th for the Kennedale event.
You are more than welcome to come by and watch a true novice mechanic hone his skills on a $35K sports car ... lol

I wouldnt get into my engine with a 10 ft pole. I leave that to the professionals. Hope its not that bad, but it will give you anothe reason to get a better engine.

coleman

Established Member
BigZach, I've taken off my KB, intake, and valve covers a few times already...
I can at the very least do that again... That alone should identify the problem.
If not, I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

MTI LS1

coleman said:
BigZach, I've taken off my KB, intake, and valve covers a few times already...
I can at the very least do that again... That alone should identify the problem.
If not, I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

Yeah, Im talking about breaking down the cylinder heads and what not. How you gonna tell just from taking off the KB?

coleman

Established Member
the KB is the first step to removing the passenger side valve cover.
and since I'm determined to put my new cams in anyway...

there's a chance that I may not have to pull the heads off.

Paul's_03SVT

Established Member
coleman said:
You gonna be working on it after 6:00pm?

o3Edge777

ROLL TIDE
Established Member
Alright guys, here are my pics, I Am Pretty Irritated That Some of Them Turned Out Blurry, but this is all i got... http://photobucket.com/albums/v403/SVTPerformance/SVT GTGs/

working on the vid...
I will be making two copies of the vid, one with music and one with out music, i just need help on a song that will go great with the vid, need some ideas
- Jeremy

cant wait to see some of the other pics,

Coleman: I'm really sorry to hear about your car, i feel kinda bad about wanting to get that of everyone taking off now.. good luck on the Repairs

coleman

Established Member
Paul's_03SVT said:
You gonna be working on it after 6:00pm?
Yes, I'll be working on it all day today ... I'm in my garage right now :)
Just getting started...

Call me if you (or anyone) want to head over and just see where I live for future reference and/or whatever... 214-280-4991 or 972-516-0667

coleman

Established Member
o3Cobra777 said:
Coleman: I'm really sorry to hear about your car, i feel kinda bad about wanting to get that of everyone taking off now.. good luck on the Repairs
dude, it was going to happen eventually ... in fact, i'm glad it happened after the GTG and before I was at a track event.
On the flip side, I hope you got some good vids of me just before I broke my car :) ... cuz it'll have to hold me over until I fix my car again... :rockon:
My car will be back in "two weeks", better and stronger than ever ... with new cams and other mods.

Paul's_03SVT

Established Member
coleman said:
Yes, I'll be working on it all day today ... I'm in my garage right now :)
Just getting started...

Call me if you (or anyone) want to head over and just see where I live for future reference and/or whatever... 214-280-4991 or 972-516-0667
Sweet depending on when I get out of work and the homework :bash: I will call you.

Tex Arcana

Established Member
Dang, Coleman, what'd you do THIS time??? :rollseyes Bad batch of luck, tho. Any word on what's wrong? Holler if you need a hand in the near future.

Adam: Damned good job of making this photoshoot a reality. It was fun, and I think the pics will turn out well. Also, when you get a chance, either put up a thread, or point me to your thread, on your oil separator rig, including what your parts list is, and where you got 'em. THe L is gonna get a pair, and I'll be pulling that trigger very shortly.

Also, pics will be up, most likely on Wednesday (when I can get access to broadband). I"ll post up links here on this thread.

Again, great job.

adamb258

Established Member
auto zone:

MP5138 general purpose filter
MP3314 3/8" hose repair kit
3' of 3/8 fuel line

home depot:

2 3/8 X 1/4 nylon hose barb A-295 . . . .PB229N ( not sure which is part number) it was in the plumbing section

coleman

Established Member
Tex Arcana, I have no idea just yet ... I'm still tearning into it but didn't have time to do anything on Monday ... I hope to find a little more time today.

Tex Arcana

Established Member
adamb258 said:
auto zone:

MP5138 general purpose filter
MP3314 3/8" hose repair kit
3' of 3/8 fuel line

home depot:

2 3/8 X 1/4 nylon hose barb A-295 . . . .PB229N ( not sure which is part number) it was in the plumbing section

MMmkay... then double that, because I"m gonna do both sides... also, I'm gonna put in some steel wool in the line directly above the PCV valve, to help control some of the oil as well.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread