Dez vs PerformanceDyno

stangy2004

Established Member
Dez use to tune my 2v and after going threw 2 motors,I'm all set. It could be my fault or the tune who knows. His place is a dump and he's on facebook and the forums whiles he's tuning your car wtf. I'm still using the tune from original owner i bought my car from,but when i get a new tune i'm going to pete.Pete hooked me up with a tune for free for some trouble shooting,first time i ever talked to him.

kenny0529

Established Member
go to pete. Great guy and great service. He has dealt with me and my car very well over the last few months. Really no needed to look further. Just call and talk to him. He has a lot of knowledge and he doesn't mind sharing it with you

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
Either shop can tune your terminator...
Nothing like a Terminator.. Enjoy whatever decision you make!!!

2001Bullitt

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I went to Pete at performance dyno for my turbo tuning. Pete is very good and was able to give me straight up answers and just some basic knowledge about my system and what I will need to do to upgrade in the future. Car runs great without a hiccup. I vote Pete!

Stangv

Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
100% FACTS about my experience with Dez.

I went to DEZ with a great running very basic KB cobra set up with supporting mods, I left with a vicious cutting out issue , TRACTION CONTROL TURNED BACK ON, vacuum lines disconnected and a new fresh dent in my drivers door from Mike hitting a chair with it. He also went to back off the dyno while his laptop was still on my passenger seat plugged in to the wall, I had to yell for him to stop before it ripped out of the wall.

Also while I was there some big jacked guy came in and was yelling & demanding his money back for a job that went sour on his car. Dez had no problem giving him money outta his pocket because he was simply afraid of the dude but no sooner then him leaving Dez starting unbelievably nonstop trash talking him and the local shop that found his mistakes on the guys car, I said to Dez "Dude can we just tune my car damn I gotta go soon".

(My friend caught almost all of this on video)

Long story short I had been going to Dez for at least 13 years and every time he's never finished a tune I always "Need something more" as do most people that I know that have gone to em as well. This was $750.00 (Wake up call) lesson witch I had to learn only ONCE...

I've told many of my friends this story and many have said and seen how much this guy has changed.

SCalla1384

Established Member
I would definitley go to Pete. I had issues with Dez tuning my car, and went to Pete. Pete tuned the car much much better, fixed an idling issue. Price was much better.

Dez likes having a shop full of his buddies, Pete likes when no ones there so you get your 1 on 1 time with him.

Especially with Cobras, Pete has mastered them. Tuned my buddys Cobra pullied, then Whippled and its perfect.

PhLoBuS

JDM/KB Lightning
Established Member
I can say great things about Pete @ Performance Dyno but I have not gone to DEZ so I am not sure about them.

redcollection8

Established Member
I took my car to Dez and I would never do it again. Dez was a nice guy the shop took 2 months to finish my car and I got it back broken. Now the car is undrivable. I spent over 7 grand there for a broken car.:banana: I am currently in the works of having them fix my car on their dime but let's see what happens.

Last edited:

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Pete will also give you a discount if you bring your car in with open headers.

trxcobra

Established Member
Pete is a great guy, we had some fuel issues the first time he attempted to tune my car and spent about an hour there trying to find the source of the problem. I ended up having to take the car home and do some work in the tank but he did not charge me for that first day and was very helpful with everything, so I brought it back after.
Now the bad, my car had some stalling problems for awhile after and was pretty low on numbers.
I decided to try Pro Tree Performance since they are a bit closer to me (Hudson, NH). I had them swap my intake manifold from a 10" short runner to a 5" NASVT short runner tune the car afterwards. I picked up over 40 horse and never had a stalling issue or anything after that. Not knocking Pete at all, but I seriously doubt the intake is the only source where that 40hp was gained from!
I have heard nothing but good things about Performance Dyno from terminator guys, so I'm sure youll be happy either way, but from my personal experience, Pro Tree deserves some consideration!

brys00gt

Established Member
I just picked up my car from DEZ last night. Mike tuned it for my new cams, and my V2. Car runs and drives perfect. No complaints at all.

brys00gt

Established Member
He did not do the instal. He fixed a few issues I had, due to my stupidity. When I made the appointment I told him I was going to leave it. He had it for a week.

Users who are viewing this thread