Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
707f29d9-09ae-4583-b7a5-fda5a2c02ada

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member
Excerpt from article:
In a statement, Chevrolet said, "It is unfortunate that this incident happened. Many factors contributed, including weather and track conditions. The car’s safety systems performed as expected."

Soooo, what Chevrolet is saying is that the weather and track conditions of the "streets" of Belle Isle were unfavorable for their new high performance "street" car, yet favorable for Indy race cars to race on the "streets" of Belle Isle.

I'm going with 100% driver error.

Junior00

Hurter Of Delicate Vaginas
Established Member
Premium Member
Excerpt from article:
In a statement, Chevrolet said, "It is unfortunate that this incident happened. Many factors contributed, including weather and track conditions. The car’s safety systems performed as expected."

Soooo, what Chevrolet is saying is that the weather and track conditions of the "streets" of Belle Isle were unfavorable for their new high performance "street" car, yet favorable for Indy race cars to race on the "streets" of Belle Isle.

I'm going with 100% driver error.

He’s an exec, gotta cover his ass...a dumbass

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I literally just read about that on Fox News. He simply lost it in the turn. Hard to tell if it was anything other than driver error. The track looked fine.

bigdave03svt

Established Member
He matted it leaving the turn and lost it when the car came over that bump and got light. I'm sure he had the nannies off, or the car would've straightened itself right back up. These cars are hard to wreck with the systems on.

Happened right underneath the banner too..LOL..that sucks, and damn that was a hard hit

Coiled03

Established Member
Sad that this is the major news story from the race. At least it was the last race ABC will make us suffer through.

Thankfully, yes. I hope to never hear Eddie Cheever or Scott Goodyear calling a race of any kind again.

Khan

BANNED STOCK BRAKE PADS GURU
Established Member
corvette coz of crowd delete option!

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
I was there over the weekend, I actually was by the turn that happened on but was an hour to early. We had already moved.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread