Detailed a Black 2008 Shelby GT500 Super Snake (loaded with pics - befores/afters)

Screamin Cobra

Slam'd Cam'd Z06
Established Member
Yeah, just sucks that black paint starts to swirl as soon as you look at it, lol.

Nice work OP.

Yeah, Opticoat is good with reducing/slowing down further damage on cars. It's not bulletproof but it allows anyone to wash a car without walking around eggshells of scratching it up or simply applying wash marring.

Thanks everyone

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Yeah, just sucks that black paint starts to swirl as soon as you look at it, lol.

^^^This big time! I did paint correction on our Forester just to teach myself how to do it. It looked FABULOUS until the first couple of washes. Just a few months later, and it needs correction again! And I use two wash buckets with a grit guard! Black is just so difficult to keep looking flawless. Although, you can still tell it's been buffed and polished. Once you correct the paint, the light reflection is just awesome pretty much permanently. From a distance, I doubt anybody can see the small swirls, but "I" know they're there.

T0RCH3D

Established Member
Awesome work, would love for a shop like that to work in. That a Fenix headlamp you have, how do you like it compared to others? Any other additional light stand you use during the correction process?

Screamin Cobra

Slam'd Cam'd Z06
Established Member
Awesome work, would love for a shop like that to work in. That a Fenix headlamp you have, how do you like it compared to others? Any other additional light stand you use during the correction process?

I have used maybe a few that I bought from the store and they suck compared to this one. I think this light goes over 300Lumens, which is plenty enough for me to use for correction. No light stand or shop lamps were used, just the headlight and sunlight to check the work after its been completed.

Thanks again everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread