Demon on the Loose...

GTCobraClone

Established Member
Wont be in the 800hp but will for sure be in the 700+ range. It wont be made just for straight line either, more like a jack of all trades. It also wont be twin turbo, it will be supercharged and a new engine.

Zemedici

Established Member
Ok, like I said before, bummer they aren't making it AWD. Rumor mill says only 50hp more, sounds like a bunch of accessories and a nameplate to jack the price of the car up instead of having more performance mods.

no. Seeing as how the Hellcat is rated at 707, and there's been posts from dodge insiders saying the demon is above 1000chp, the rumor mill is incorrect.

That's why I posted the thread that you refused to read....it has ALL of the information you see inside of it. The car's completely different than a hellcat, different suspension, rear end, driveshaft, motor/supercharger (not sure which), wheels, body.

Far from 'accessories and a nameplate'

Do your research on the subject.

Zemedici

Established Member
Wont be in the 800hp but will for sure be in the 700+ range. It wont be made just for straight line either, more like a jack of all trades. It also wont be twin turbo, it will be supercharged and a new engine.

i suggest you go read the thread I posted above as well, as your information is misguided at best.

You guys are like the people who have never seen Star Wars, but insist on going to see the latest one, sitting in the theater asking everyone

'THE GUY WITH THE LIGHTY SWORD? WHYS HE GOING IN THERE? ' :D

brianjh20

Established Member
Rumors are 815hp on street tune with 3 different power levels the highest using race fuel. There's a race fuel button on the dash.
This is much more then an accessories package it's completely badass!
I wish we were talking about a Ford product....
Dodge discontinued the Viper so this is equivalent to the Viper ACR package

GTCobraClone

Established Member
I don't make misguided post, I know what engine will be in the car and Ive personally seen the car. Without making mention of where I work just look at my location.

Ohh and to clear things up Im talking about the GT500 lol

DepWraith

Established Member
no. Seeing as how the Hellcat is rated at 707, and there's been posts from dodge insiders saying the demon is above 1000chp, the rumor mill is incorrect.

That's why I posted the thread that you refused to read....it has ALL of the information you see inside of it. The car's completely different than a hellcat, different suspension, rear end, driveshaft, motor/supercharger (not sure which), wheels, body.

Far from 'accessories and a nameplate'

Do your research on the subject.

Don't get so out of shape because I won't read a 212 page thread on a forum filled with rumors and no verifiable information by Dodge. You tell me it's completely different than a Hellcat with a different motor, body, etc., but can't tell me what motor it is. Same frame and body (sure looks the same to me sans minor cosmetic differences) doesn't sound "completely different" any more than a ecoboost mustang is completely different from a GT350.

Just like the upcoming GT500, most of this Demon is just rumors until the reveal. Either way I'm happy with the pushing of limits by the manufactures and look forward to the future.

Hopefully you won't be so confrontational when someone has a different opinion or view in the future.

DepWraith

Established Member
I don't make misguided post, I know what engine will be in the car and Ive personally seen the car. Without making mention of where I work just look at my location.

Ohh and to clear things up Im talking about the GT500 lol

Would love to speak to you, I too have spoken to someone I personally know on the design team and heard different. PM Me.

GTCobraClone

Established Member
Don't get so out of shape because I won't read a 212 page thread on a forum filled with rumors and no verifiable information by Dodge. You tell me it's completely different than a Hellcat with a different motor, body, etc., but can't tell me what motor it is. Same frame and body (sure looks the same to me sans minor cosmetic differences) doesn't sound "completely different" any more than a ecoboost mustang is completely different from a GT350.

Just like the upcoming GT500, most of this Demon is just rumors until the reveal. Either way I'm happy with the pushing of limits by the manufactures and look forward to the future.

Hopefully you won't be so confrontational when someone has a different opinion or view in the future.

I saw the Demon on the road to work a few days ago and its eactly the same body just different hood, bumper and fenders. Its just a highly modified Hellcat.

Zemedici

Established Member

No.....its not. Dodge has 15 videos out (if you'd follow the links I gave you you could watch them for yourself, as you'd see that half of what you said is false information, proven so by Dodge's marketing videos) that explain the different aspects of the car. Far from 'rumors'. In addition there is pertinent information (again, that you refuse to read for whatever reason, it takes me 20-20 seconds to read a thread page....)

And if you believe a Ecoboost mustang and a Shelby are one and the same....and not entirely different, I dont know what to tell you.

I'm telling you the same thing I've told everyone, to research the subject prior to just coming in with 'OMG ITS GOING TO BE AWD' when there's PROOF that it will not be...

Do us all a favor and just watch the videos. You'll thank me later :)

And dont take it personal - you're just like the 10th guy that comes in without researching the car and just assumes / posts incorrect information, and when they're corrected, they go 'but but but xxx told me different'

Research.

DepWraith

Established Member
I didn't say the EcoBoost and Shelby are the same, they are clearly the same platform though just like the HellCat and Demon are (nice try to spin it your way though). You do know it possible to spin the rear tires and not the front on an AWD vehicle right? Nothing has been proven, it's all still conjecture at this point as there isn't anything in writing by Dodge yet.
Here's an easy exercise for your vast resources, simply fill in the links answering these questions directly from Dodge pertaining to the upcoming Demon...

Horsepower:
Engine:
Drivetrain:
Platform built on:

If you can't do that, then it's just as we all are saying, it's rumors.

Zemedici

Established Member
I didn't say the EcoBoost and Shelby are the same, they are clearly the same platform though just like the HellCat and Demon are (nice try to spin it your way though). You do know it possible to spin the rear tires and not the front on an AWD vehicle right? Nothing has been proven, it's all still conjecture at this point as there isn't anything in writing by Dodge yet.
Here's an easy exercise for your vast resources, simply fill in the links answering these questions directly from Dodge pertaining to the upcoming Demon...

Horsepower:
Engine:
Drivetrain:
Platform built on:

If you can't do that, then it's just as we all are saying, it's rumors.

question:

Have you watched the videos I referred?

I'm going to assume no.

It is built on the same PLATFORM has the current Hellcats, however that truly means jack shit, as everything about the demon is different than the hellcat.

Dodge has not released power numbers. However, there are a few select users on Hellcat.org (@GotHemi? , @Jefe , and a few other guys can attest to this) that has Dodge Reps / Dodge insiders on it that post TRUE information (posted similar information prior to HC release and was spot on)

So you can take it as rumors, if you want. The car's already been down the strip at sub 10 sec times. Cannot do that weighing 4000+lbs unless the car makes power. Period.

And you're upset because I dont know the name of the engine? Since when does that even remotely matter?

So lets do this

Horsepower : 900+chp
Engine : Name not known, guess I fail this one
Drivetrain : Similar to current Hellcat
Platform : Same as current HC as Giorgio platform is not set to release for a few years still (possibly pushed back to 2021)

That suffice?

DepWraith

Established Member
question:

Have you watched the videos I referred?

I'm going to assume no.

It is built on the same PLATFORM has the current Hellcats, however that truly means jack shit, as everything about the demon is different than the hellcat.

Dodge has not released power numbers. However, there are a few select users on Hellcat.org (@GotHemi? , @Jefe , and a few other guys can attest to this) that has Dodge Reps / Dodge insiders on it that post TRUE information (posted similar information prior to HC release and was spot on)

So you can take it as rumors, if you want. The car's already been down the strip at sub 10 sec times. Cannot do that weighing 4000+lbs unless the car makes power. Period.

And you're upset because I dont know the name of the engine? Since when does that even remotely matter?

So lets do this

Horsepower : 900+chp
Engine : Name not known, guess I fail this one
Drivetrain : Similar to current Hellcat
Platform : Same as current HC as Giorgio platform is not set to release for a few years still (possibly pushed back to 2021)

That suffice?

Horsepower: You're guessing
Engine: You don't know.
Drivetrain: You say different but similar.
Platform: You say same but different.

Got it, that cleared everything up and I now know that you are full of facts...thanks.

Zemedici

Established Member
Horsepower: You're guessing
Engine: You don't know.
Drivetrain: You say different but similar.
Platform: You say same but different.

Got it, that cleared everything up and I now know that you are full of facts...thanks.

no. hahahahahahahahahahaha completely wrong on all accounts.

if you would read the thread or watch the goddamn videos you'd have a clue. But please continue with the notion of 'I dont know, so no one must know'. As i've proven you wrong on multiple accords.

So, believe me, I am the one that's 'got it'. Not you.

I'm not going to spoon-feed you. But if you're too LAZY to read the thread, then there's no helping you. As a buddy just told me, 'you can lead a horse to water....'

DepWraith

Established Member
Yes, I'll "read the goddamn videos", whatever that means, lol.

You couldn't provide one piece of confirmed information by Dodge as I requested and then you get mad at me?

Let's try this again after watching the videos...

Horsepower: Videos don't show.
Engine: Videos don't show.
Drivetrain: Videos don't show.
Platform: Videos show it's the same as HellCat.

I got it now, thanks.

Please don't be angry, I'm just looking for confirmed information and not conjectured rumors based on videos and forums.

Zemedici

Established Member
Yes, I'll "read the goddamn videos", whatever that means, lol.

You couldn't provide one piece of confirmed information by Dodge as I requested and then you get mad at me?

Let's try this again after watching the videos...

Horsepower: Videos don't show.
Engine: Videos don't show.
Drivetrain: Videos don't show.
Platform: Videos show it's the same as HellCat.

I got it now, thanks.

Please don't be angry, I'm just looking for confirmed information and not conjectured rumors based on videos and forums.

Good catch on 'read the videos' hahaha - was hoping I'd changed it beforehand :D

I'm not mad at anyone, I dont get mad. No point.

However to answer your points bluntly.

DODGE has not released horsepower numbers, or what size the engine will be, or drivetrain specs. However, in all of the videos from their ingenious marketing team (Ford really should take notes, the hype behind the demon is INSANE), there are number codes that Dodge says are 'hints' to aspects of the Demon, such as projected power ratios, axle ratios, etc. Did you see those numbers at the end of the videos? Dodge has not said explicitly what those numbers mean, so its truly all conjecture at this point.

However, the gentlemen that I was referring to that post on Hellcat.org with insider info generally are spot on with what little information they do provide. (stated 1000+chp, mid 9.XX in 1/4 mile) etc

I may have came off a bit brash in my previous posts and I apologize for that. Been a rough day at the office. hahaha

We're good dude

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
...... I know what engine will be in the car and Ive personally seen the car. Without making mention of where I work just look at my location......

oooohhhhhh

Would love to speak to you, I too have spoken to someone I personally know on the design team and heard different. PM Me.

aaaaahhhhhh

....So, believe me, I am the one that's 'got it'. Not you.
..'

You and your facts based in proven reading comprehension can go to hell!

lies, its all lies!

read above! those guys know a guy who knows a guy!!

:p

Sirhc7897

Established Member
Ok, like I said before, bummer they aren't making it AWD. Rumor mill says only 50hp more, sounds like a bunch of accessories and a nameplate to jack the price of the car up instead of having more performance mods.

Don't know which "rumor mill" you're referring to but sounds like they've got their heads buried in the sand.

Really the only "insider" worth listening to over there, ResumeSpeed, has hinted that near 1k crank hp is not an unreasonable guess.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread