Demon on the Loose...

paluka21

Established Member
Just a few more weeks before we know what the Demon is all about. Rumors are all over the place as far as the numbers this car is going to make. I hope Ford is watching.

Ford is watching but don't count on them countering the demon as far as pure straight line performance. I could be wrong, but I envision Ford wanting to take down the Hellcat's/Z06 in a straight line while also bolstering the suspension and offering better/more updated options such as an automatic transmission. Just my opinion with how I see things shaking out.

Snoopy49

Established Member
I looked at the title of this thread and thought, how the hell is Dodge going to cram a HellCat engine in a Dart. Calling a Challenger a Demon, just does not sound right.

Recon

Established Member
^ same way calling a sedan a charger and fwd sedan a dart. But whatever I don't work at Dodge so have no say in the matter.

Sent from somewhere in the Twilight Zone.

Clemson

Established Member
The looks department is huge for me as well. If I don't care for how a car looks, then it doesn't matter how fast it is because I'm not out racing every weekend anyways.
That's one thing I can say about the GT500s at least from a subjective point of view; they look better to me than the Challengers and Chargers. I like the "looks" of the Hellcats, but nowhere near as much as I like the look of a Shelby. Again subjective, but that's what keeps me in my current car.
This X infinity. I just dont see them doing enough with this God-awful looking new platform. Its close to 4 years now and I just still dont like the 15+ (and now 18 refresh) at all. The challenger.....I want to like it, I really do....but holy sh1t why is it so damn massive?! I think the mustang is too big honestly, I certainly dont want to go even larger! So, seems like I will be sticking with the best looking mustang ever assembled by Ford.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Someone posted on another forum that the Demon does 0-60 in 3 seconds.
Quarter mile is 10.5 at 129. Impressive. Very impressive for a car right off the showroom floor.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
Someone posted on another forum that the Demon does 0-60 in 3 seconds.
Quarter mile is 10.5 at 129. Impressive. Very impressive for a car right off the showroom floor.
Well, a Ford salesman told me the 2018 GT500 will have the same engine as the Ford GT AND it will do 0-60 in 2.1 seconds! Take that Dodge!

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
In case you needed more proof,................

Attachments

• ChallengerDemon_20170309a.png
    ChallengerDemon_20170309a.png
    298.1 KB · Views: 186

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
I heard the 2018 and 3/4 did it in 1.5 seconds and gold was produced out the exhaust while doing it.

=D
It also has a titanium exhaust too. So when you need to pay rent at the trailer park, you can hack off the exhaust and pawn it

DavidHasselhoff

WHYUMAD
Established Member
Well, a Ford salesman told me the 2018 GT500 will have the same engine as the Ford GT AND it will do 0-60 in 2.1 seconds! Take that Dodge!

I looked at a new Raptor yesterday & the Ford salesman was telling me about the GT500 coming out. He said the GT500 was going to cost $200k+... He was also telling me how I can tune the Raptor & it won't void the warranty & how his friend was putting a supercharger on his new Raptor (yes, the ecoboost v6 one). He said all of this after he turned it on & I said it sounded like a Focus (big disappointment). I couldn't test drive it either, although I had purchased my last Raptor through them & I pulled up in my Hellcat. Sorry, not buying something I can't get a feel for..oh & $10k over sticker.

Anywho, I'll take what he said with a grain of salt..I sure hope the new GT500, if one will ever come to exist, is under $100k..

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
^ they need to tell us something about it. I mean we heard about it how long ago and we barely know anything since then.
I agree. They should at least let the potential buyers know something before they all abandon ship and buy Hellcats and ZL1's. That's just my opinion.
They don't have to give full details, but at least let potential buyers know it is coming out and what to expect.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
I couldn't test drive it either, although I had purchased my last Raptor through them & I pulled up in my Hellcat. Sorry, not buying something I can't get a feel for..oh & $10k over sticker.
...but I bet if you were interested in a F250 Platinum they would let you drive one, despite it costing even more than the Raptor.

I never understood why dealers don't encourage test drives if they know you are a serious customer. When a dealer let me test drive a GT350, after being refused at other dealers, I was so sold on the car. I wasn't sure until I drove it. and probably wouldn't have considered it without a test drive. And god damn, was it great. I rolled up in my beater Accord at a BMW dealer and had no issue test driving a brand new M4.

snakedoctor

Established Member
I agree. They should at least let the potential buyers know something before they all abandon ship and buy Hellcats and ZL1's. That's just my opinion.
They don't have to give full details, but at least let potential buyers know it is coming out and what to expect.

This exactly. I'm getting close to pulling the trigger on a hellcat if they don't hurry up and let us know something.

DavidHasselhoff

WHYUMAD
Established Member
...but I bet if you were interested in a F250 Platinum they would let you drive one, despite it costing even more than the Raptor.

I never understood why dealers don't encourage test drives if they know you are a serious customer. When a dealer let me test drive a GT350, after being refused at other dealers, I was so sold on the car. I wasn't sure until I drove it. and probably wouldn't have considered it without a test drive. And god damn, was it great. I rolled up in my beater Accord at a BMW dealer and had no issue test driving a brand new M4.

I wasn't super serious, moreso going to see it because I'd probably get one in another year or so..but now I'm definitely waiting, in hopes of a V8 option so the sound matches its looks.

He did tell me it drove great in the back of the dealership where there's a crap ton of potholes & bumps...

I hate how they sit on the "specialty vehicle" bullshit... I can see if it was a Ford GT, or maybe even a GT350R..but not a Raptor.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I looked at a new Raptor yesterday & the Ford salesman was telling me about the GT500 coming out. He said the GT500 was going to cost $200k+... He was also telling me how I can tune the Raptor & it won't void the warranty & how his friend was putting a supercharger on his new Raptor (yes, the ecoboost v6 one).
Should of laughed in his face and just turned and walked away.
lol

Users who are viewing this thread