Deleting EVAP

Gearbox94

Established Member
Hey everyone so i just recently purchased a 03 Cobra Motor for my 91 fox coupe swap, along with the 03 fuel tank. I had a question about the EVAP system. I was reading up on some other threads about people deleting the EVAP system and running into problems with the ECU throwing codes and causing drive-ability issues. The main trend i saw was people deleting the EVAP when going to a return style fuel set up but i couldn't find any info on deleting it with the stock returnless fuel setup which i intend to keep on my swap. Is it necessary to keep it with the returnless style setup or does it even matter? I assume one could just simply tune out all the codes associated with the EVAP system but wanted to get some input from some that might have already deleted it. The main reason i want to delete it is because i don't want to spend the extra money to buy all the associated components for the EVAP system if i could just delete it and vent it. I've heard there might be issues with fuel smell but i'm not really concerned about that. So if anyone has any input i'd love to hear it, thanks for looking!

SVT_Troy

Established Member
I deleted my EVAP system a couple years ago and i am returnless. Had my tuner turn off the appropriate options in the tune and thats its. No issues that I know of besides venting gas vapors to atmosphere.....

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Yes you can turn the EVAP off in the tune and not have codes or issues. I've played around with it while experimenting. The only side effect I noticed is the gas tank has no way of relieving pressure and best I can tell it forces its way past the gas cap. Occasionally I'd see a little wetness around the filler cap from gas or fumes pushed by and of course you'll get the smell of gas.

Users who are viewing this thread