Defyant Marauder at the track

Tallboy

Say "When"...
Established Member
Great Job, Defyant! Your times will only improve with practice. The first time I drag raced my car, the best I could do was 13.5, while my buddys drove the car to consistent 13.1 times the same night. Now, after a little practice, I have been able to run 13.1 consistently on my own. 35lbs. of air in oem tires, full tank of Amoco Ultimate, and all my crap including the full size spare in the trunk. Don't race the guy in the other lane, race the track. :burnout:

DEFYANT

Adm!nistrate This.....
Established Member
Thanks guys... I'm glad to see the car is where it should be. And what its potential is.

bigslim

Established Member
That's good for the first time out. I ran 13.3's four out six runs my first time out with the Trilogy. I got to learn how to launch it better.

TooManyFords

carpe noctum.
Established Member
Way to represent! I echo what everyone said so far. Just avoid the water box, set the tire pressure to 22 lbs. and learn to feather the tall skinny pedal when you feel it breaking loose in back. Got me to a 12.9 on factory tires.

YOU CAN DO IT!

John

DEFYANT

Adm!nistrate This.....
Established Member
Press a button on the dash. I try to press it everytime I take a drive. Along with the O/D for around town trips.

DEFYANT

Adm!nistrate This.....
Established Member
Silverstrike said:
Well if you got a 300A you wouldn't have to worry about T/C :burnout: ;-) :D :D

:dw:
I have a 300A :nonono: A 2004 300A :rollseyes

bigdogjim

Simlply Complicated
Established Member
Yes A's only in '04

Silverstrike said:
I thought 300A's was the early MM's June 2002 to Oct/Nov2002 and all others was 300B's :shrug: :shrug: Didn't really know the 2004's was marked as 300A's

A's only in '04:)

All '03 A's were black only:)

DEFYANT

Adm!nistrate This.....
Established Member
A's and B's in 03 and A's only in 04. No C's

Regardless, I still hate that damm T/C button!

David Morton

Established Member
Well, having the button means you have T/C and that you can turn it off. I have a 2004 and have never regretted the fact that I have T/C or the button to turn it off.

What I'm looking into is being able to turn off the ABS. On a dry road (or on dirt and gravel) stopping distances are shorter without ABS. Early General Motors ABS's had them (ABS off switches) but I think manufacturers aren't letting us turn 'em off anymore for legal liability reasons. Perhaps they think a jury would believe somebody that says they didn't turn theirs off, when in fact they did.

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
BAHHHHH......all that low-end power is going to waste my friend. 2.1 second 60' times with a supercharged Marauder? That's what I ran with my Marauder when it was bone stock!!! And I'm a novice. No offense, but personally I think you should just break down and spring for some drag radials, or just stick with burnout contests. You would easily be running 1.8 and maybe even 1.7 second 60' times with the drag radials, along with consistent ET's being in the 12's.

On the first day at the track after installing the Trilogy supercharger on my Marauder, I got in three runs on a 70 degree day. For the first run, I left the drag radials at 27 PSI, and I got a little bit of wheelspin off the line and ran a 12.4 second ET, and that's with 93 octane pump gas. And keep in mind that although I have 4.56 gears, I also only have the standard 9.5 PSI pulley. And for the second and third runs I took the tire pressure down to 22 PSI, and ran a 12.2 ET for both. That was my first day at the dragstrip ever with a supercharged Marauder, and I'm definately no expert. In fact, my reaction times where terrible being .550, and .700 seconds!! The difference was that I run drag radials. ;-)

The last time out was in cooler weather, and I also took the drag radials down to 17 PSI, and I ran 12.0 ET's consistently(again with pump gas, and 9.5 PSI of boost). Get drag radials.

Last edited:

Tallboy

Say "When"...
Established Member
The best 60' times I can turn are 1.9XX using the OEM tires at 35 PSI. I've seen Carfixer turn a 1.8 on OEM tires. I'm really starting to think about a set of widened rims and Drag radials. The only cars I've seen them on are Billy's and Trilogy1, and I think they look awesome! :bowdown:

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
tallboy said:
The best 60' times I can turn are 1.9XX using the OEM tires at 35 PSI. I've seen Carfixer turn a 1.8 on OEM tires. I'm really starting to think about a set of widened rims and Drag radials. The only cars I've seen them on are Billy's and Trilogy1, and I think they look awesome! :bowdown:
The thing is that there are times with the standard radial tires that you might be able to pull a 1.8 second 60' time out of your hat, but that certainly won't be the majority of the time. With drag radials, you'll be getting 1.8's all of the time consistently, and maybe 1.7's. I get consistent 1.6's ofcourse because of the 4.56 gears, but it's important to recognize that the tires will do that, with a halfway decent track preparation, and a good burnout into second gear along with a tire pressure of 17-22 PSI.

Try to get consistent 1.6 second 60' times with standard radials using any gear ratio you want. It isn't going to happen.

wildbill

Established Member
My times @ the track

I went to 75&80 dragway last weekend and finally ran my Marauder. I ran it twice. The only mods I have are the Trilogy blower and a K&N air charger. My first time was a 13.74 and the second one was a 13.89. I was spinning my wheels out of the gate on the second run. My 60' times were both in the 2.1- 2.2 area. Tire pressure was 32 PSI all the way around, 88 degrees outside. My speed at the trap was 102.54 for my quicker run as compared to 103.23 for my slower run. This might sound stupid, after all this was my first try ever on a track, but I am not sure the pedal was floored. I mean I was accelerating hard the whole time, OD off but the TC was on. When you drop the pressure to 22 PSI that is just on the rears, right?? I feel that with another trip up there and the TC off I can run some better times. But I tell you it was a blast. I believe I need to get a helmet for times below 13.99. I feel that you guys that have 4.10 and 4.56 gears will be able to definitely run more consistent times as compared to us with stock gears. We will have to have a near perfect run to achieve those times.

TooManyFords

carpe noctum.
Established Member
Way to go Bill! Next time, air the back tires down to 22 psi, turn the TC off and practice feathering the pedal when she starts to get loose!

It's addictive! You'll soon want slicks!

Cheers!

John

Users who are viewing this thread