Deep Dish Chrome 03/04 Cobra wheels

xtreme02gt

1 Slow GT!
Established Member
So put up a poll, and see just how many ppl would buy them! NOT ONLY here but all Mustang/SVT forums and start adding them up.......

I have my money sitting and waiting for them to come out...... I will take a set 17x9 and 18x11 CHROME PLEASE.............

xtreme02gt

1 Slow GT!
Established Member
SVT04 said:
I've said it before and I'll say it again. The deep dish on the rear with a stock wheel up front with no lip looks stupid.
You need to have a smaller lip on the front wheel and the deeper lip on the rear to give the look some "balance" Why do you think the wheel manufacturers who make the "staggered" or deep dish wheels all make wheels with the smaller lip up front ? And why do all the currently available deep dish wheels made for Mustangs have the smaller lip front -deeper lip rear ? Because it looks "right"
I repeat for any of you slow learners out there....:cuss: a wheel up front with flush mounted face spokes and a deep dish rear wheel looks wrong. :burnout:

You are so RIGHT!!!! If you go with a color such as black..... But if the wheels are chrome/machined then they look good ( IMO ) Like on the guys car that did the photo chop ( IMO ) it looks really really good..

The FR500 in black I really don't like because the front LIP is so small... But in CHROME they look really good..... like I said before ( IMO )

SinisterSTANG

SVT
Established Member
if there is no front lip, I wouldn't buy them, it just doesn't look right to me, I know alot of you just like the dish for the rear, but it doesn't look proportioned properly. Has to be a way to put a lip on the fronts, they did it with the 95 Cobra R's, very similar only different spoke design, why not these??

xtreme02gt

1 Slow GT!
Established Member
Agreed... Very well put... Put a small lip on the fronts...And the rears need to have a the same lip that the bullitts have, a 3 inch or BIGGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

427Windsorman

Currently between Fords
Established Member
The company I contacted locally sent me a PM on another board indicating they are looking at this idea. I offered my car as a test bed :) Note: they have not said they are doing it, just researching the idea. That is more than anyone else at the moment :)

SilvGT

Established Member
427Windsorman said:
The company I contacted locally sent me a PM on another board indicating they are looking at this idea. I offered my car as a test bed :) Note: they have not said they are doing it, just researching the idea. That is more than anyone else at the moment :)

nice work! keep us posted

The Pun

Formerly 10th03cobra
Established Member
Sweet I would rock a set of 17" and 18"s and would prefer lightweight and willing to pay more for them if they are light weight.

Thanks guy...

Devo27KR

Established Member
427Windsorman said:

Let us know how it goes. I'll need to get some new rear tires soon and id MUCH rather prefer to get new wheels and tires at the same time.

S.V.T.

'schitty wok'
Established Member
put me down for a set that has lips all around.. just gotta figure out depths of the dish and what kinda spacers we would need..

i'm in :thumbsup:

edit: 17"s or 18"s?

427Windsorman

Currently between Fords
Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread