Deep Dish Chrome 03/04 Cobra wheels

PushinTheLimit

Established Member
I posted a thread earlier about these kind of wheels. At this time, I don't think anyone makes these, but I'm pretty sure it would be a hit with the mustang world. Do you know that if enough people wanted this, that it could be made or is that asking too much? Just wanted to see if this was something to pursue or wasting my time... but they would look great on any mustang in general! Do you have any info or suggestions to this? Thanks.

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
goldeneagle_10 said:
I posted a thread earlier about these kind of wheels. At this time, I don't think anyone makes these, but I'm pretty sure it would be a hit with the mustang world. Do you know that if enough people wanted this, that it could be made or is that asking too much? Just wanted to see if this was something to pursue or wasting my time... but they would look great on any mustang in general! Do you have any info or suggestions to this? Thanks.

I remember seeing something about this last week sometime. I'm no wheel manufacturer but what I do know from working close with our wheel distributors is that they get wheels made by the container. Not just one container but several. There are about 360 wheels per container. Thats a lot of wheels to distribute. Also take into consideration the process it takes to design a new wheel and roll it out to the public. Now with that being said I personally in the time that I've been selling wheels have not been asked more than 3 or so times about such a wheel. Not saying that they won't be a big hit but for the guys that do know what sells I think there's a reason why they haven't done that style wheel yet. Just like the Deep Dish Mach-1 Wheel it was discontinued as it didn't sell that great. None the less I will ask our manufacturers what they think and if they have any interest. Thanks, Jared

PushinTheLimit

Established Member
Thanks for the info... I didn't realize that the Mach 1's actually came in DD at one time. I just figured that since the bullitts came DD, that the cobra's would sell too. I'm sure theres more that goes into those decisions than I even know... but I would take a guess to say that they would sell fairly well compared to other rims. Guess we'll just wait and see... if you do find out anything tho, just let me know. Thanks.

SVT04

Established Member
Please ! Make the wheels....I would love a set....I have even been considering how I could make my own set....cutting and machining and welding to make one wheel out of two for a deep dish look.....small dish for the front...deeper for the rear......staggered look as the wheel guys like to put it.

Anyone have any cross section drawings of an 03-04 Cobra wheel that a guy could work with in determining back spacing and wheel flange location etc...? Possibly a cross sectional drawing of a deep dish wheel like a FR 500 or SSR GT3 as a comparison ? :burnout:

PushinTheLimit

Established Member
I think working with the deep dish bullitts would be good to go with since it and the cobra's are 5 spokes. I think it could happen, whoever would think about making them needs to know if there is gonna be a good demand for them.

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
I would like to see how they look, but I don't think I'll be giving up my CCWs for them. I think it would look awesome though.

PushinTheLimit

Established Member
I have a thread listed for someone to do a photo chop of what they might look like... so far noone has given it a try or posted yet. If they do, I'll let you know.

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
goldeneagle_10 said:
I have a thread listed for someone to do a photo chop of what they might look like... so far noone has given it a try or posted yet. If they do, I'll let you know.

Thanks! :coolman:

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
I'd definitely be interested in a pair of wide deep dish chromes for my back.

SVT04

Established Member
seidler said:
How about a 16x10 03/04 or Cobra R replica. I cannot believe that as it is the best compromise size for the drag racer that someone has not made them.

Nice attempt at a thread hi-jack....this thread is about the wish or desire to have deep dish 03-04 Cobra style wheels,not Cobra R replicas in a size drag racers would like. Make up your own thread about that and you will get some response maybe......

PushinTheLimit

Established Member
black03 said:
I remember seeing something about this last week sometime. I'm no wheel manufacturer but what I do know from working close with our wheel distributors is that they get wheels made by the container. Not just one container but several. There are about 360 wheels per container. Thats a lot of wheels to distribute. Also take into consideration the process it takes to design a new wheel and roll it out to the public. Now with that being said I personally in the time that I've been selling wheels have not been asked more than 3 or so times about such a wheel. Not saying that they won't be a big hit but for the guys that do know what sells I think there's a reason why they haven't done that style wheel yet. Just like the Deep Dish Mach-1 Wheel it was discontinued as it didn't sell that great. None the less I will ask our manufacturers what they think and if they have any interest. Thanks, Jared

Hey Jared... have you heard anything from your manufactureres? Just let me know if there is anything more that I need to do in order to get this moving, because I am deffinetly serious on this. I have a thread in the terminator talk section and there seems to be quite a bit of interest in them. If you know anything, let me know... thanks!

SVT04

Established Member
svt03cobra03 said:
www.cardomain.com/ride/2460553/1

those are my rims that i am selling right now. i'm asking $1000. just spent $600 for new tires for the rear wheels. the link is above if you want to see them on the cobra.

DUH !! :shrug: Did you even bother reading the subject of these posts before you jumped in trying to sell something in the :wf: ??
The subject of these posts is our desire to have a deep dish version of the 03-04 Cobra wheels made....pretty hard for you to be selling something that has only been photo chopped so far........:bash:

Give your head a shake.....see what's rattling around in there......:rollseyes

PushinTheLimit

Established Member
Yea... I was gonna say that has nothing to do with this thread. Oh well, this will probably be a work in progress and may take some time to see it get rolling. If anyone knew or had access to talk to someone on the inside that could really make something happen, then that would be good. Maybe they'll give me a 1% profit for suggesting it:banana: ... nah, I doubt it. I'm still working on it tho, so have faith guys.

svt03cobra03

Street Ripper
Established Member
ok everyone calm down. my wheels are chome and deep dish AND fit an 03/04 cobra. haha just wanted to put the word out.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread