Deep Dish Chrome 03/04 Cobra wheels

PushinTheLimit

Established Member
svt03cobra03 said:
ok everyone calm down. my wheels are chome and deep dish AND fit an 03/04 wheels. haha just wanted to put the word out.

No problem man... but you'll have better luck in the for sale section. BTW, Jared from Lethal replied in the other thread and said he is workin on it. So stay tuned guys for future announcements.

PushinTheLimit

Established Member
Heard anything from your wheel manufacturer Jared? Theres quite a few of the guys on this board are anxious to know if this can happen.

SinisterSTANG

SVT
Established Member
those rims would look serious if they make them, i'd want them in 18x9/18x10 with black spokes, i'm sure they would sell just as much as the DD chrome,black, and anthracite Bullits do.

macher

maya photochop guru
Established Member
i made a photochop of it a month back, defintly dont like teasing myself like this cause they look way to damn good
18ddchop.jpg

427Windsorman

Currently between Fords
Established Member
2001BlackSVT said:

18ddchop.jpg

04MC said:
JARED - LETHAL ----> Please make them the correct size with a custom/big lip so they fit the 03/04 Cobras without the need of spacers or any other modifications

Thanks!

And lets not forget my wish list :)

427Windsorman said:
I would like to see these offered in 17x9.5 / 17x10.5 and 18x9.5 / 18x10.5 with the correct offset and BS to fit the IRS without spacers. Heck, since we are (hopefully) inspiring a wheel manufacturer to build these, how about the rears be 11" wide :)

One important requirement, do NOT make them over 30lbs in weight. Try to keep them in the 24lbs to 28lbs weight range please :)

If you build them, we will buy.....

Last edited:

CWD

Established Member
Wow!

Those look great! I can't believe they wouldn't sell!:thumbsup:

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
I'm telling you right now... That is one sexy ass wheel! I wanted the stock look, but in an 18" form & I couldn't find them. These are better!!! :rockon: :beer: :thumbsup:

S.V.T.

'schitty wok'
Established Member
i take some 17" DD chromies for the rear, since i have stock 17"s in the front :) lookin' tuff though, daddy likes!

wvmystichrome

Established Member
I have asked and asked around about these because I too thought they would look good. If the price is right I definitely want a set for the rear. No matter what others say. They really set the back of the car off.

SVT04

Established Member
macher said:
i made a photochop of it a month back, defintly dont like teasing myself like this cause they look way to damn good
18ddchop.jpg

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The deep dish on the rear with a stock wheel up front with no lip looks stupid.
You need to have a smaller lip on the front wheel and the deeper lip on the rear to give the look some "balance" Why do you think the wheel manufacturers who make the "staggered" or deep dish wheels all make wheels with the smaller lip up front ? And why do all the currently available deep dish wheels made for Mustangs have the smaller lip front -deeper lip rear ? Because it looks "right"
I repeat for any of you slow learners out there....:cuss: a wheel up front with flush mounted face spokes and a deep dish rear wheel looks wrong. :burnout:

SinisterSTANG

SVT
Established Member
SVT04 said:
I've said it before and I'll say it again. The deep dish on the rear with a stock wheel up front with no lip looks stupid.
You need to have a smaller lip on the front wheel and the deeper lip on the rear to give the look some "balance" Why do you think the wheel manufacturers who make the "staggered" or deep dish wheels all make wheels with the smaller lip up front ? And why do all the currently available deep dish wheels made for Mustangs have the smaller lip front -deeper lip rear ? Because it looks "right"
I repeat for any of you slow learners out there....:cuss: a wheel up front with flush mounted face spokes and a deep dish rear wheel looks wrong. :burnout:
totally agree, that's why I don't like the FR500's in 18x9, barely any lip to it, the same size lip up front as in the rear also looks wrong as I've seen on some cars too.

427Windsorman

Currently between Fords
Established Member
This is the latest reply from the wheel company I approached on this:

Doug,

There are a few items which you need to address when looking at this
wheel, let me point them out (kind of like devils advocate):
1. A deep dish means that the drop center gets smaller. This is where
often the IRS bolt on the drivers rear rubs.
2. There is no dish on the 9's (oe size). Thus you can not machine
the
lip at all. This is not a problem on chrome, but if you want a wheel
with
a painted face and a machined lip it is. The rear would have a
machined
lip and the front would not -- this would look very odd.
3. Volume and price. This obviously would be a new tooling. We have
no
problem doing a new tooling but we need to know that about 2000 wheels
are
going to be produced. If not the price goes up.

Just some items to think about. Other than that, can I make it light
weight? Yes.

Thanks for the update.

So, it looks like there would be some issues with the front wheel having a lip, and also with making the rear wheel fit without spacers on IRS equipped cars.

Users who are viewing this thread