deciding on a terminator or not

adams

Established Member
thanks for the replies guys.
i figured thats what my answers would be since im posting in this section.
I have owned modded s197's before and liked them but i feel like it would be easier to start with a cobra platform than to mod my 07.
I just was having a hard time thinking about selling an 07 and going to an 03/04 but then again i guess the years shouldnt matter.
I know alot about the s197 and i am familiar with the terminators but i do know know certain things such as what wears on them and at what mileage is to much on them. i know the quad cam 4.6 is a great motor and im not to fussy about how many miles would be on the car.

as for colors i am not picky but i do love the sonic blue but hate the yellow.
I would only be interested in a coupe.

just got to look around.there arnt many for sale in canada cause most of them are owned by people who would never part with them.
i would really need to drive one which may be tricky.

thank you for the input

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
thanks for the replies guys.
i figured thats what my answers would be since im posting in this section.
I have owned modded s197's before and liked them but i feel like it would be easier to start with a cobra platform than to mod my 07.
I just was having a hard time thinking about selling an 07 and going to an 03/04 but then again i guess the years shouldnt matter.
I know alot about the s197 and i am familiar with the terminators but i do know know certain things such as what wears on them and at what mileage is to much on them. i know the quad cam 4.6 is a great motor and im not to fussy about how many miles would be on the car.

as for colors i am not picky but i do love the sonic blue but hate the yellow.
I would only be interested in a coupe.

just got to look around.there arnt many for sale in canada cause most of them are owned by people who would never part with them.
i would really need to drive one which may be tricky.

thank you for the input

See if you can find a Mach 1 to drive. Then just imagine it has better seats, handles better and is much faster :D

Notsoslowbowtie

Established Member
The terminator is a interesting mustang. Lots of people sell there cobra, and end up buying another one. They just cant let go. Personally, I know people that own a c6 z06 AND still have there terminator. They still need it. Its a weird bond that I cant describe. I have owned my cobra since aug of 03.

Yea you hit the nail on the head! I didn't even like mustangs or cars and Ford for that matter but this car is awesome! Only drove it about 500 miles but still!
OP if your into modding go for the terminator! It holds it's value and mods parts are plentiful as people are always changing setups.

03SVTscott

Established Member
I have an 03 and my bro in law has a 12 gt with built motor and paxton on it. The gt is way more refined, comfortable, quiet, has bluetooth, leather, etc. My 03 is just about the opposite of that. It is loud, not refined, and feels much more mechanical. If you want nice interior to pick up lady friends and be a panty dropper then the 03 is not for you. If you want a beast of a car that screams when you hit the go pedal, the 03 is your girl. Either way DO NOT mod your 07. You will not be happy in the long run.

What he said.....but I say go with the new 5.0......Terminators are just too bad ass! (Reverse psychology). :)

The 03-04s are fun. But lots of things to fix and mod if you want to truly enjoy them. Lot of extra $ to pump into it. No way around it unless you plan on keeping it stock.

Last edited:

mach1033

Established Member
I've thought about selling mine but I know I would regret it. I love it. Its just a mean mutha F ing car that know one would ever sleep on.

I've thought about selling mine but I know I would regret it. I love it. Its just a mean mutha F ing car that know one would ever sleep on.

I threaten to sell my car every time. And I have a few acquaintances who have let me drive their Z06, S4 and M5 and there is just something so unique about these cars, that just differs from those superior cars, that is too much to walk away from.

I'm with you man. I have a stupid list of complaints about this car, but man I have never driven car this fun. And its insanely fun right now with the stupid low IAT2s due to this cool weather. This car is downright addictive and hard to walk away from.

And how many mustangs are going to sound as good with an O/R pipe like these 03-04s do? Not many. Not even my old foxbody sounded this good.

mach1033

Established Member
I threaten to sell my car every time. And I have a few acquaintances who have let me drive their Z06, S4 and M5 and there is just something so unique about these cars, that just differs from those superior cars, that is too much to walk away from.

I'm with you man. I have a stupid list of complaints about this car, but man I have never driven car this fun. And its insanely fun right now with the stupid low IAT2s due to this cool weather. This car is downright addictive and hard to walk away from.

And how many mustangs are going to sound as good with an O/R pipe like these 03-04s do? Not many. Not even my old foxbody sounded this good.

I made my own 3 inch magnaflow system :)

mach1033

Established Member
:lol: Details please? To the PM if necessary. Must hear this....

Kevin has my car on the dyno if you live close to his shop. But my system consists of Kooks LT's, 3 inch Dr.gas x pipe, 3 inch magnaflow race mufflers, 3 inch Dynomax tails and 4 inch magnaflow polished tips. Loud doesn't describe it ;-)

Kevin has my car on the dyno if you live close to his shop. But my system consists of Kooks LT's, 3 inch Dr.gas x pipe, 3 inch magnaflow race mufflers, 3 inch Dynomax tails and 4 inch magnaflow polished tips. Loud doesn't describe it ;-)

Awesome! Glad to hear you are on the verge of unleashing that deadly beast on the street. Didn't realize you were back. :beer: :thumbsup:

I love loud and that setup sounds disturbingly LOUD. :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

adams

Established Member
yeah i like the s197's but iv had a few and think its time for a change maybe. now just have to sell my gt and find a terminator which may be a little difficult but well see.

mach1033

Established Member
yeah i like the s197's but iv had a few and think its time for a change maybe. now just have to sell my gt and find a terminator which may be a little difficult but well see.

If you like the S197 style you can always look at the 07 and up Shelby. There hot as well.

mach1033

Established Member
Awesome! Glad to hear you are on the verge of unleashing that deadly beast on the street. Didn't realize you were back. :beer: :thumbsup:

I love loud and that setup sounds disturbingly LOUD. :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Hooking up with a few guys come spring time for a cruise. Your more than welcome to come.

dom418

Established Member
I honestly would wait for the 2015 and see what your thoughts are at that time. If it's in the budget of course. You can't beat the body style of the Terminator but the new ones are so much more refined out of the box.

Users who are viewing this thread