deciding on a terminator or not

adams

Established Member
iv been thinking long and hard on getting an 03/04 cobra and was wondering if i should sell my 07 gt for one. Iv owned a few 05-07 gt's and and am trying to debate on building it or selling and getting a terminator. Just was wondering what some of the pros and cons are to them. What are some of the things to look for when shopping for one. i have always loved them but could never get passed the interior in them.

just looking for some insight.

thanks guys

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Please don't put money into your '07 - you'll never ever get it back out of it, so only do it if you plan to own it forever. Buy a Terminator and if it isn't love, sell it. It's not like the values are really going anywhere quick. You might lose a few thousand out of the deal - but at least you'll know if owning one is for you or not.

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
If you want a real answer I wouldn't come into the Terminator section to ask.
It's like going to a massage parlor and asking what should I do tonight.

Yes buy one, are they perfect, he'll no. It's hit or miss, some have constant problems, it's like owning a classic but less room too work. Add in a computer/supercharger and tuning can just add to the problems. My Cobra can be expensive and very irritating at times, but when I get behind the wheel, It just give me a freedom and stress relief that makes it all worth it.

Just make sure you do your homework and buy he right one.

hotcobra03

Established Member
I say go for an 03..there are slight changes to 04

Being you asked it sounds like you sold yourself into it..

It still stands out in a croud of mustangs..

cj428mach

Established Member
Probably just do a compression check and leak down test, then verify AFR is good. If all that checks out I'd say the car is fine.

I say take a ride in a terminator and new 5.0. If you still come back and ask for advice you weren't meant to be a terminator owner.

Last edited:

stangfreak

Established Member
The terminator is a interesting mustang. Lots of people sell there cobra, and end up buying another one. They just cant let go. Personally, I know people that own a c6 z06 AND still have there terminator. They still need it. Its a weird bond that I cant describe. I have owned my cobra since aug of 03.

LordVader04

Established Member
JMO, but modding an 07 GT is like dating a 4 and buying her a set of fake tits to make her a 10, it's just not gonna happen. I think the car would probably be fun for a short time, but you would quickly lose interest. The 03/04 Terminator is not perfect by any means, but I like to compare it to the hot MILF next door that was a 10 in 2003, and has a few miles on her now, but is still a solid 8.5, my advice would be to test drive a Terminator, and if you still can't get over the interior, just buy a 1st gen Shelby:beer:

Last edited:

Sick SVT

Established Member
I have an 03 and my bro in law has a 12 gt with built motor and paxton on it. The gt is way more refined, comfortable, quiet, has bluetooth, leather, etc. My 03 is just about the opposite of that. It is loud, not refined, and feels much more mechanical. If you want nice interior to pick up lady friends and be a panty dropper then the 03 is not for you. If you want a beast of a car that screams when you hit the go pedal, the 03 is your girl. Either way DO NOT mod your 07. You will not be happy in the long run.

RedfireSVT

Established Member
Terminator.

I know I may be in the minority on this but except for the shifter being a mile away, I love the 03'-04' cobra interior.

LETHAL03COBRA

Established Member
JMO, but modding an 07 GT is like dating a 4 and buying her a set of fake tits to make her a 10, it's just not gonna happen. I think the car would probably be fun for a short time, but you would quickly lose interest. The 03/04 Terminator is not perfect by any means, but I like to compare it to the hot MILF next door that was a 10 in 2003, and has a few miles on her now, but is still a solid 8.5, my advice would be to test drive a Terminator, and if you still can't get over the interior, just buy a 1st gen Shelby:beer:
LMAO, Nicely job Vader:burnout:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Terminator.

I know I may be in the minority on this but except for the shifter being a mile away, I love the 03'-04' cobra interior.

I agree, I like the simple interior. I've always thought it looked really nice. Then again I haven't owned a newer vehicle.

Op just be prepared that the cobras are not a smooth riding car. And things tend to rattle and clunk. It's the raw feel the car has which makes it fun for me.

Greenwood1982

Established Member
iv been thinking long and hard on getting an 03/04 cobra and was wondering if i should sell my 07 gt for one. Iv owned a few 05-07 gt's and and am trying to debate on building it or selling and getting a terminator. Just was wondering what some of the pros and cons are to them. What are some of the things to look for when shopping for one. i have always loved them but could never get passed the interior in them.

just looking for some insight.

thanks guys

If it helps you any I bought a brand new 08 bullitt when it first came out, had it up till about 2.5 years ago, and sold it to my brother so I could purchase a 10 year old cobra. HAHA, oh yea buddy it's worth it. No comparison.

Users who are viewing this thread