decided to get another Viper for now...

1.8t

Established Member
Ive had my share of vettes/z06's too and that is not my style. Would I buy one again, yeah, it had its own characteristics that were cool about it but it wouldn't be my only sports car (Id have a few others before I thought about a vette again)

Have you ever owned a C6Z?

SVTdubs

have you seen my baseball
Established Member
I like the C6Z. I haven't owned one but have driven quite a few. That is one I would buy if I was a little older and wanted some convienence options. My dad has an 07 but its way too refined, way too comfy and it just feels like you are riding in a cadillac. Yes it has a lot of power and would roast my Viper, Im aware of that but simply adding some turbo's to my car and making 800rwhp on pump, still for less then even an 06Z all in and I have what I want.

I get your drift though, c5z and c6z are totally different. Still too refined for me though.

Zentenk

Established Member
I'd get a Gen IV Viper before ever going to a C6 Z06.

I can't wait to drive 1000 miles this weekend!! In my hot, cramped, crappy steering, truck sounding, groove grabbing, gas guzzzlin VIPER!!!

1.8t

Established Member
I like the C6Z. I haven't owned one but have driven quite a few. That is one I would buy if I was a little older and wanted some convienence options. My dad has an 07 but its way too refined, way too comfy and it just feels like you are riding in a cadillac. Yes it has a lot of power and would roast my Viper, Im aware of that but simply adding some turbo's to my car and making 800rwhp on pump, still for less then even an 06Z all in and I have what I want.

I get your drift though, c5z and c6z are totally different. Still too refined for me though.

I wasn't hinting at anything I just wanted to see how you thought they compared? I have driven an 03 SRT Viper for the better part of the day and its definitely a cool car, just not one I would DD over my C6Z(which is a DD). IMO, the Z does everything better less get attention, which again is perfect for a DD "supercar" IMO.

None the less, I do believe an ACR will find its way into my possesion one day. That is the only reasonably attainable car that I see as an upgrade at the moment.

Have fun with her and be safe. She will be a torque monster on the gas:burnout:

Last edited:

SVTdubs

have you seen my baseball
Established Member
I wasn't hinting at anything I just wanted to see how you thought they compared? I have driven an 03 SRT Viper for the better part of the day and its definitely a cool car, just not one I would DD over my C6Z(which is a DD). IMO, the Z does everything better less get attention, which again is perfect for a DD "supercar" IMO.

None the less, I do believe an ACR will find its way into my possesion one day. That is the only reasonably attainable car that I see as an upgrade at the moment.

Have fun with her and be safe. She will be a torque monster on the gas:burnout:

I get your point for sure. You are totally right. For a nice DD, C6Z all the way. Well actually Id get a gen3 Viper first but you get the point. Especially when I was commuting over an hour each way to work. Now that I commute 20 min, the Viper, even with no real top, no real windows, etc will work just fine as a DD. A lot of people give me funny looks before when I was driving the Viper in 2 inches of snow. I wonder how they will look at me now... with the top down! haha jk but I will really be out with the rag top on in the winter here as long as the roads are "decent"

mike, I like this car actually... it's going to be so F'n loud after a little more exhaust work this weekend... Ill make sure to post a clip

Last edited:

Defknotzero

Established Member
I get your point for sure. You are totally right. For a nice DD, C6Z all the way. Especially when I was commuting over an hour each way to work. Now that I commute 20 min, the Viper, even with no real top, no real windows, etc will work just fine as a DD. A lot of people give me funny looks before when I was driving the Viper in 2 inches of snow. I wonder how they will look at me now... with the top down! haha jk but I will really be out with the rag top on in the winter here as long as the roads are "decent"

mikey, I like this car actually... it's going to be so F'n loud after a little more exhaust work this weekend... Ill make sure to post a clip

Can't wait. Regardless, congrats on the new ride.

01svtL

Established Member
Dammit, I want one!

I'd drive a Viper over a Vette any day of the week.

Users who are viewing this thread