decided to get another Viper for now...

vettez062002

baller on a budget
Established Member
nice but I learned my first time around.. no vipers ever again. ride worse then a truck, handle like crap and pull all over the street. you sit at a 45degree angle, hot as hell inside. the AC is basically worthless. lol I speak from experience

SVTdubs

have you seen my baseball
Established Member
nice but I learned my first time around.. no vipers ever again. ride worse then a truck, handle like crap and pull all over the street. you sit at a 45degree angle, hot as hell inside. the AC is basically worthless. lol I speak from experience

ride worse then a truck... I would hope so, they are a low sports car with tight suspension

handle like crap... you must have had bad tires or cant drive

pull all over the street... yes, the 335's tend to do that

sit at 45 degree angle... not really but recline a little bit yeah

hot as hell inside... take the cats off it will cool down, and also, that makes the viper unique so deal with it!

a/c is worthless... not really, it worked fine in all 3 of mine

speak from experience... I can understand, the raw aspect of the Viper is not for everyone. You have to know how to drive to see its full potential, there are not any convienence features, its hot and rides rough.... this is why I LOVE them...

for people that cant handle them or like comfortable cars that basically drive themselves.... thats why they make Corvettes!

Ive had my share of vettes/z06's too and that is not my style. Would I buy one again, yeah, it had its own characteristics that were cool about it but it wouldn't be my only sports car (Id have a few others before I thought about a vette again)

To each their own though. I appreciate ALL cars, all for unique reasons.

Last edited:

JD03Cobra

Who's your Daddy!
Established Member

My cousin just bought a 2002 Viper GTS RT10...I have always been a huge fan of the Viper but I have to agree with this statement above. I was very disappointed with the whole driving experience. The steering, ride and seating position sucked. So did the brakes for that matter. I would much rather have a Vette even though the Viper looks amazing.

OP you are right...the Vipers are not for everyone. Good luck...this red one you picked out looks awesome!!

SVTdubs

Established Member
My cousin just bought a 2002 Viper GTS RT10...I have always been a huge fan of the Viper but I have to agree with this statement above. I was very disappointed with the whole driving experience. The steering, ride and seating position sucked. So did the brakes for that matter. I would much rather have a Vette even though the Viper looks amazing.

OP you are right...the Vipers are not for everyone. Good luck...this red one you picked out looks awesome!!

A lot has to do with the driver too. I drove a 98 Viper before I got my first one and it didnt have the seat lowering kit and rode like crap. It turned me off from Vipers. I nutted up and got mine with the seat lowering kit and eibach suspension and it was a whole new car. The seats are comfy, the driving position was fine after that except the only complaint I have is there is no dead pedal to put your foot when you arent shifting. It obviously didnt bother me too much because I bought my first viper in ATL and drove it back to CHI then to CO, about 27 hours of driving in one weekend.

Hot cabin, awkward petal position, no dead pedal, tires grabbed every groove, bumpy ride, etc etc and I loved all 27 hours of it and never bitched once!!!

Last edited:

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Sick Viper!!! I didnt use to like the RTs until I drove one and I fell in love:rockon: They have long grown on me since.

I might pass on the first RT that came out though:p

Vettes are a thong wearing secretary car compared to the Dodge:dancenana:

NITMARE

Established Member
If Vipers are too harsh for your liking then you're a pussy as far as true "car guys" go. Period.

Buy a Vette. You can even haul groceries. Awesome.

Btw, is that Jason Tiff's old ride?

95riosnake

Established Member
and yes, I get bored with cars and I like driving new stuff every few months, nothing wrong with that!

That's cool, I hope you didn't take that the wrong way, I was just curious. Even though I like the GTS, I would say I like this RT more :beer:

SVTdubs

Established Member
not at all man, I just love cars... just like everyone else on these forums!

btw, your car looks F'n SICK in your sig!

Lawman

Established Member
Yes I am. The event will be held at the Ernest Morial Convention Center this year.
The Dome went up on the rates significantly this year, so a change of venue was necessary.
You should enter your Viper this year.
I don't recall seeing any Vipers in the W.O.W. last year.

Users who are viewing this thread