Dealerships Suck

Ryan02Stang

Established Member
I really think the markups will go down after the first initial wave is bought. Its not like Ford is only making a few hundred of these...they are making 7,000+ from what I understand.

Honestly, if Ford is going to play games with the price, Chevy will get my $45,000 for a Corvette.

GTWill

Established Member
GT500SC said:
I am really F#kin pissed with this whole dealer markup bullsh#t. I have spent the last 30 years waiting for the big three one of which I work for to manufacture a car worth buying. Ford has been the first to take a chance and redesign something from the past that has raw power and style. And now the is a large chance I'll miss out out on my dream because some greety basta#ds want to clean up. Well F#ck you guys running the show at the dealerships. I hope you all die a slow death after you screw all your customers. :cuss:
Patience Grasshopper.

beabout

Established Member
Yes by god those Ford dealerships suck. Great now that we have gotten past the, "they suck part". Let me add that they are also blood sucking b@$tard$.. and a wast of skin....there, I feel better now

Route66

Established Member
Just look at the GT. They are now sitting on the dealership floors at MSRP. A year ago they were selling for $100,000. over MSRP. I think after the first year we'll see prices at our levels. That is MSRP.

Svt Pilot

Established Member
Then dont buy the car. Not a big deal. Wait a year or sit here and b*tch about it. Car dealerships are in business TO MAKE MONEY. End of story. Supply and demand. If you dont buy it someone else will.

ID3Racing

SVT FTW!
Established Member
i personally work at ford (well Power ford owned by autonation) and i can tell you because of the hype (which this all is HYPE) YES there will be mark up, but to the extent that you think. these sh!t talkers who say 50k mark ups and stuff are full of crap. PM me and i will give you all the info you will need. i know i am personally (well my dealership) is geting 3 RED w white striped coups, not sure on verts yet. i have all the info and am currently building a cliantel for them right now.

03Terminator

03 Red Fire Cobra
Established Member
ID3Racing said:
i personally work at ford (well Power ford owned by autonation) and i can tell you because of the hype (which this all is HYPE) YES there will be mark up, but to the extent that you think. these sh!t talkers who say 50k mark ups and stuff are full of crap. PM me and i will give you all the info you will need. i know i am personally (well my dealership) is geting 3 RED w white striped coups, not sure on verts yet. i have all the info and am currently building a cliantel for them right now.

There should be NO mark up, none, not a friggen penny over. :nono: And dealers who do mark the car up are :loser:

End of story..................

CaliCobra

Established Member
This is always a laugh when guys get all pissed off at dealers. Like they are here to provide a valued service. Their number one role is to make as much as they can off of each and every person willing to part with their money. They hire professional liars to tell you mis truths or partial truths strictly to get you to hand over more than the next guy and use what you dont know against you in getting to that goal though they act like they are on your side. Its an obvious conflict of interest when a person is paid based on how much over cost they can get out of you. Its a business, and by nature its meant to make you pay more than anyone else. Its never been fair.

So why is it a suprise. Its about as bright as getting ticked at a mountain lion for biting you after you stick your hand in its mouth.

But at the end of the day, the people you should be mad at are not the dealers. They will always be predatory and prey on folks stupid enough to pay their price. The people that need to get blasted are the idiots who want are willing pay to be the first guy to have one. You know the type. Its those guys that ruin it for everyone else. If folks would not pay, then the price drops. Exactly what happens after all "gotta have it first' asses finally have em and the dealers actually have to work for the business.

So when the first guys have em and post em up, give em what they deserve cause they are the true enemy and cause of the problem :cuss: :cuss:

jcthorne

Established Member
I don't blame the dealers at all. Many I spoke with were indeed rude in the extreame over it and that was uncalled for. However, there is a preceived greater demand at MSRP than the supply is allowed for. True or not, the perception is what is driving the price up. It seems to be leveling out at the 8 to 10k over MSRP range. Will that fall? Likely but I am one of those that feel that Shelbys sitting on the lot with discounts is a pipe dream and Ford plans to keep it that way. Ford is well aware this is a cash cow for both them and thier dealers.

If it is worth 5k or even 10k to someone to enjoy the car for a full year before someone that is not willing to spend the $$ and sit by and watch someone else enjoy the car, then why is that evil. the car is in demand. Play with the big dogs or stay on the porch. Everyone has a limit and no one is right or wrong, values and $$ mean very different things to everyone.

If it makes you feel better, my wife thinks I am a little crazy and so do my coworkers. Yes, I am car crazy but I have not wanted a car shown by any manufacturer this much in a very long time and it is not getting away from me if I can possibly help it. the $$ will hurt. A bunch.

cutter

Established Member
ID3Racing said:
i would love to see them come out with a new mach.

I meant was, the hype about avaliablity and only producing 7k units the first year...dealer markups...yada...yada..yada...same thing here...let the(must haves)....never understood the thinking behind " I gotta be the first one on the block to own it" mentality....6 months later....who cares and your wallet is 10K lighter and everyone who wants one has one......probably cheaper the MSRP or at the most MSRP....maybe I'm wrong but history just keeps repeating itself....

mrGT

Established Member
CaliCobra said:
But at the end of the day, the people you should be mad at are not the dealers. They will always be predatory and prey on folks stupid enough to pay their price. The people that need to get blasted are the idiots who want are willing pay to be the first guy to have one. You know the type. Its those guys that ruin it for everyone else. If folks would not pay, then the price drops. Exactly what happens after all "gotta have it first' asses finally have em and the dealers actually have to work for the business.

So when the first guys have em and post em up, give em what they deserve cause they are the true enemy and cause of the problem :cuss: :cuss:
While I hear what you are saying, a deceitful dealer has to shoulder some responsibility. If you are telling me that the you can never trust a dealer, why have them at all? Purposefully lying to gain an advantage should never be expected nor accepted by anyone. Unscrupulous dealers are fueling the fire, causing some that probably weren't in the "I want it first" category, but in the "I want it" category to jump in the "pay more" game. The difference is that the "I want it" group are willing to pay more because they don't want to miss the boat. While the "I want it first" group will pay more no matter what. (By the way, I don't think all dealers are liars, just like not all not all buyers will pay more to get it first.)

But the real culprit in this Shelby fiasco is, in my opinion, FORD! Ford has, it seems, kept purposefully silent about true production numbers and costs. If, in deed, Ford had in mind to make this a limited production car, then let the bidding begin. But Ford had repeatedly made it known that they would produce to demand. Well, it's tiime for Ford to pony up to the bar and start putting some water on this fire by speaking up, loud and clear. Yes, you will still have the "I want it first" people, but the rest of us will know what the future holds. We may not like what we hear, but at least everyone will know the truth and all this speculation and rumors will subside.

JoyRydn 03

Established Member
CaliCobra said:
This is always a laugh when guys get all pissed off at dealers. Like they are here to provide a valued service. Their number one role is to make as much as they can off of each and every person willing to part with their money. They hire professional liars to tell you mis truths or partial truths strictly to get you to hand over more than the next guy and use what you dont know against you in getting to that goal though they act like they are on your side. Its an obvious conflict of interest when a person is paid based on how much over cost they can get out of you. Its a business, and by nature its meant to make you pay more than anyone else. Its never been fair.

So why is it a suprise. Its about as bright as getting ticked at a mountain lion for biting you after you stick your hand in its mouth.

I AGREE WITH YOU 200% :beer:

GTWill

Established Member
mrGT said:
While I hear what you are saying, a deceitful dealer has to shoulder some responsibility. If you are telling me that the you can never trust a dealer, why have them at all? Purposefully lying to gain an advantage should never be expected nor accepted by anyone. Unscrupulous dealers are fueling the fire, causing some that probably weren't in the "I want it first" category, but in the "I want it" category to jump in the "pay more" game. The difference is that the "I want it" group are willing to pay more because they don't want to miss the boat. While the "I want it first" group will pay more no matter what. (By the way, I don't think all dealers are liars, just like not all not all buyers will pay more to get it first.)

But the real culprit in this Shelby fiasco is, in my opinion, FORD! Ford has, it seems, kept purposefully silent about true production numbers and costs. If, in deed, Ford had in mind to make this a limited production car, then let the bidding begin. But Ford had repeatedly made it known that they would produce to demand. Well, it's tiime for Ford to pony up to the bar and start putting some water on this fire by speaking up, loud and clear. Yes, you will still have the "I want it first" people, but the rest of us will know what the future holds. We may not like what we hear, but at least everyone will know the truth and all this speculation and rumors will subside.
I have never been to a dealership and not been lied to. I believe it's part of the system. They will lie to your face or better yet try to sneek something through in the paperwork, happins every time.
I think Ford has been open with production #. They have estimates but until production starts and true demand #s are coming in I don't think they know how many to produce. No one knows what the demand will be not even Ford but hopefully they will continue production until demand is met. That's what HTT said they will do.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
ID3Racing said:

i will not pay msrp for any car again. i have done it once and learned my lesson. now when I can order a gt500 to my exact specs for $40,000 out the door from your dealership i will give you a call. until then your doing nothing different than any other dealership is. :rockon:

Daffy

My cars own me.
Established Member
It's all in tht timing, the main thing is to be cool and wait, and not too long. Just like others are saying. When the 03's came out I was laughing my sides sore at coupes on showroom floors at $12-15K markups. Yes some sold like that, but by the second production run, and while one dealer still had a $10K markup on their cobra's, I got X plan on mine about 10 miles from the other dealer.

We've lived thru it before & we'l do it again. It's a pain to wait, but it'll be rewarding, frankly I would never want first production run of one of these, from my experience these things are notorious for first run problems. Even the 03's when we waited out the non-production while they perfected the bad boy .. it came out with ticks, stalls, and the like. My 03 has been flawless, unlike my 99 nightmare.

Wait & get a better deal & an updated production fix on the run as well.

IMHO.

mrGT

Established Member
GTWill said:
I have never been to a dealership and not been lied to. I believe it's part of the system. They will lie to your face or better yet try to sneek something through in the paperwork, happins every time.
I think Ford has been open with production #. They have estimates but until production starts and true demand #s are coming in I don't think they know how many to produce. No one knows what the demand will be not even Ford but hopefully they will continue production until demand is met. That's what HTT said they will do.
This is not a true statement...it does not happen EVERY time. You are dealing with the wrong dealership if you are saying it happens every time TO YOU. While I will agree that there are lying, cheating dealers, not all are like that. Maybe I don't see what you see because when I go into the dealership, I pride myself in knowing more about the car I want then the salesman knows...in fact, I apply that to any large purchase I make. When Gore inventing the internet, he opened up the doors to most of the hiding places of the dealers. Forums like this are a great way to gain information and ideas. The salesman can only lie to those that are not informed. My advice has always been....Be Informed!

In the last 15 years, I can honestly say that I have had good experiences from those I have dealt with. (You can read into that, that I have run across a few "bad" salespeople, but I quickly disposed of them and stuck to the ones I felt comfortable around.)

Users who are viewing this thread