Dealership Screwed Up My Order. Not Too Happy

Grant808

Established Member
Your deposit is refundable. They cannot hold or keep it even if you do not take the car.

I almost walked away from my '11 when it came in with a spoiler. The agreement that we signed said 'spoiler delete' but the order sheet (which I did not get to see) didn't have the delete.

Walk away and chalk it up to experience. Then get the dealer to order you the car you want for invoice. Good luck to you. If I were ordering a '13, it would have to have those leather recaros and the track pack.

slidai

Established Member
When I ordered mine, I got my order sheet, with the options and priority number. I looked it over and then signed it.

RSKtakR

Established Member
like most have said here, get your deposit back because it IS refundable, walk away and order a new car at a different dealership with the options you want.. I LOVE the Recaro's in my Boss and dont miss the base seats my 2011 had at ALL.

wazslow

Established Member
like most have said here, get your deposit back because it IS refundable, walk away and order a new car at a different dealership with the options you want.. I LOVE the Recaro's in my Boss and dont miss the base seats my 2011 had at ALL.

I think that depends on the state. I dont think its refundable in all states.

Last edited:

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
I actually prefer cloth seats. I guess I am in the minority. I think of leather as something best suited to a luxury car. My XJR had amazing leather seats with Connelly hides, I would expect nothing less from a Jag. In a Mustang, I want it light and spartan.

Mike

cdog1157

Established Member
I think that depends on the state. I dont think its refundable in all states.

Just put a stop payment on the deposit check. If for some reason they've already cashed it then I'd stay away from that dealer, there's no reason they should cash it until you're signing your paperwork.

Last edited:

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Man a lot of you guys are giving this guy a hard time. He was miss informed by the dealer. He told the salesman he wanted recaros and the salesman said there included in the track pack. That's not his fault. Once he realized there not included he was like wtf and the salesman was like oh well.. Not his fault, these idiot sales people need to do there research and no what there selling. This dealership needs to make this right and get this guy his leather recaros. I believe he should have to pay the price of the recaro option but not lose his 1500 dollar incentive or x plan.

It's an easy fix an the op is crying about it.. I don't feel bad for someone who cant take charge of his own actions.

1. He does not have to buy the car if it does not have what he wants.
2. He can get a full refund of his money right now as we speak.
3. He can go to another dealer an order the car he wants an still get incentives as Ford has up them in a lot of areas to $2,000.
4. He can still get x plan at another dealer if he really wants to buy the car.

turd burglar

Established Member
Now I need to help move the first mustang and they'll gimme a discount. So if anyone knows of someone lookin for a 2013, it'll be here November 11th.

kingnut

Established Member
OK man. I was really jealous of you when u said you were getting track pack with recaros. Now I feel bad u got screwed. If its any constellation the leather seats are really nice and comfy. Plus are power and headrests adjust. My wife would not have liked riding in the recaros on long trips. What color did u get?

The recaros are comfortable and the stock seats flat out suck compared to them. Id bet 9 out of 10 guys would pick recaros, if they got to test drive both cars with standard seats and recaros back to back. It took me 20 seconds to fall in love with the recaros vs stock.

Grant808

Established Member
Now I need to help move the first mustang and they'll gimme a discount. So if anyone knows of someone lookin for a 2013, it'll be here November 11th.

That's BS. You shouldn't NEED to do anything. I'd stay away from that dealer from here on. Take your deposit back and walk away.

turd burglar

Established Member
No I don't NEED to lol I need to in the sense that if I do, I'll get a bigger discount. They don't care that they screwed up the first order, they know that's on them.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
well glad you took care of the issue with your order. good luck with the new car when you get it

KidMoney

Established Member
The recaros are comfortable and the stock seats flat out suck compared to them. Id bet 9 out of 10 guys would pick recaros, if they got to test drive both cars with standard seats and recaros back to back. It took me 20 seconds to fall in love with the recaros vs stock.

I wouldn't trade my heated and power seats for the Recaro tests at all. I like how they look better, but not that much.

Users who are viewing this thread