Datalogging Questions???

nfcobra

Established Member
Gonna be doing some datalogging this week for my tune revision....
Just wanted some info on how to properly datalog

Idle/WOT, Speeds, what gear, any info would be great

Thanks

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Who wrote your tune?Most tuners will send you a link of what they want logged.Do you have a w/b in the car?

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Don't start the logging process on the Tuner til your ready to go through the gears, it'll take a long time transferring it to your computer if you have 2 minutes of idling at the beginning and rick doesn't want to see that anyway.
I'd roll out of 1st and bang through the gears making sure the gas pedal is to the floor and hit esc on the hand held as soon as you finish the pass!
FYI this is what I do with the Predator I don't know if it's different with SCT?
And as mentioned your gonna need to provide him with your Air Fuel readings too!

Last edited:

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
If your using SCT,open Livelink,plug the handheld into the car and into the laptop,from about idle in 3rd gear start logging and mash the pedal till you hit the rev limiter.E-mail the log to Amazon.Again,you`ll need a w/b to get your a/f ratio.

NITROS COBRA

Established Member
If you know what perameters to look at then here is what to do. Start the car and start the datalog. You want to log idle, drive car normal (part throttle log). You do not need to log the wot. The log will only show the commanded fuel. If you have a afr that shows the numerical value than cool. P.s. They read different than the dyno afr's. I.e i dynoed my car at 11.5 afr on the dyno. When i run on the street the afr is 10.4, thats how far off the guage is. It is kind of an expensive idiot guage. I know if it goes leaner than the 10.4, something is wrong. It goes there everytime it hit the gas.

Users who are viewing this thread