datalogging afr

mcallister

Established Member
im trying to figure out how to datalog my afr into sct livelink. i have the sct sf3 programmer, sct fire wire, and a aem eugo wideband. where do i plug the wires in from the fire wire? im assuming the 6 pin connector that plugs into the wideband but i dont know which wire to put where. any help is much appreciated.

mcallister

Established Member
well as far as i can see all i needed to do it splice the white 0-5v analog output wire from the wideband to the analog input pin 3 on my firewire and ground pin 4. well i did this and all i get for a reading on my sct is 10.02 and it doesnt change. what am i doing wrong?

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
You're going to have to find the 0-5v analog out wire from the w/b and ground and hook that up to the fire wire, then plug that into the X3 and configure the w/b in Livelink. Pretty sure I have a thread somewhere if you search my threads.
FireWireAnalogWiringDiagram.jpg

mcallister

Established Member
i hooked up the orange analog 1 wire to the 0-5v analog output of my wideband and i grounded the black ground and the blue analog 1 ground from the firewire. i just plugged it into my sct sf3 and set it up and monitored it but it only reads between 10.02 and 10.03. as far as i can tell ive done everything your saying but its not working.

HPRacing

SVTP Lurker
Established Member
Did you ensure you chose the correct analog equation for your Wideband?

Thats under Commands in Livelink. If I recall correctly you luck out and there was a preset for AEM. I have an Innovate MTX-L and had to manually input the equation :(

mcallister

Established Member
Yeah I got it all figured out. I tried using the analog 1 (orange) wire from the fire wire but it won't work for some reason. I used the red analog 2 wire and it worked first try.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Yes you are correct, My apologies just trying to get stuff figured out on my end. I’ll PM OP.
He hasn't been on in over a year. I wouldn't expect a reply. Start a new thread in the tuning forum.

But FWIW, the equation should be the same no matter what cable is being used. Something like 2*v+10. But it's been forever so I'm probably wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread