dash gauge cluster issues!

1LTDSVT

Established Member
has anybody had a issue with the dash gauge's lighting up? one day i was leaving work and turned on my lights and everything else lit up. headlights etc but the gauge cluster? what's the deal is it a fuse or some sort of bulb? btw on my dash i can see when the lower park lights up for example like the low fuel light

racebronco2

Established Member
has anybody had a issue with the dash gauge's lighting up? one day i was leaving work and turned on my lights and everything else lit up. headlights etc but the gauge cluster? what's the deal is it a fuse or some sort of bulb? btw on my dash i can see when the lower park lights up for example like the low fuel light

It's probably not a fuse and it doesn't have any bulbs. Check out
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...obra-gauge-cluster-not-lighting-up-night.html

divided

Established Member
Gauge back-lighting is out. You need a whole new cluster which needs to be programmed at FORD. You can get them used for ~200.

BlackVenom99

Established Member
Excuse me if I'm way off track with this, my gauge cluster in my 99 had the comon f150 odometer display failure. It would lose it's display going over a bump and sometimes come back on awhile later.

When I went to fix the cold solder joint that cracks(common-ford only can replace) it was amazing how it didn't appear much different even under moderate magnification. A dab of solder and fixed.

Again it might be totally different, but checking all solder joints under ample magnification is worth a shot.

ShadowFist

Wave Existence
Established Member
Should be totally different style lighting from 99 to the 03-04s. Keep in mind I may be wrong :beer:

BlackVenom99

Established Member
Hmm sorry for the miscommunication, mine wasn't the back lighting it was only the odometer screen.

I was just thinking that if it could happen to the solder joint that powers the odometer it might beable to happen to this.

Upon inspection I saw nothing wrong with the solder joint even with magnification it still seemed intact albeit it looked slightly different then the one next to it. A dab of solder on it fixed my problem so it must've been bad.

ShadowFist

Wave Existence
Established Member
Any more details on your 99 problem? My 99 also does this, but its only once every few weeks. I'm looking to sell the car shortly and want to get this taken care of.

Feel free to PM me to avoid cluttering up the tread. Thanks!

1LTDSVT

Established Member
yea the ac and radio light are working fine, im thinking the whole cluster may need to be replaced

Users who are viewing this thread