DARPA Creates First Warp Bubble

Stanley

Established Member
Premium Member
I have some doubts about the veracity of this. This would be huge news, literally the biggest thing ever, bigger than electricity, even, if true. Never heard of these guys, haven't heard anyone else talking about it. Doesn't mean it's not true, but the silence around it, if it is true, is confusing.
So no space spiders?

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Keanu Reeves Bill Ted 3 GIF by Madman Films

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
If it is from DARPA I am surprised it was released. I need to go read what they were attempting when this accident happened.

OK Bozos, stop clowning around.
There is that aspect of it as well. DARPA, for those who don't know, gave us the internet. But the acronym means "Defense Advanced Research and Projects Agency." It is, first and foremost, dedicated to finding new ways to protect the USA. And it seems to me a great way to protect the USA would be if you could create, and then collapse, a warp bubble in the servers of your enemies computers. How would you shield against it? How would you know it was happening, apart from the computer suddenly stopping working? What if you could generate, and then collapse, a warp bubble in the brains of the enemies? In other words, warp bubbles, apart from exploring the universe, would be one Hell of a weapon. And if they are easy to create, you would want to keep it a secret as long as possible. The very last thing you would want is for some internet newsgroup to go talking about it.

So, there's that as well that makes me doubtful of this.

James Snover

Established Member
Premium Member
Attempted temporal manipulation created it as a side effect. Time was the goal. Spacetime was the effect.

I just made all of that up.
But ... that's exactly the sort of thing you would say, if you were actually working on it. Besides, I saw you three days before now and you said you weren't kidding.

James Snover

Established Member
Premium Member
Whoa whoa whoa, nobody said there were no space spiders....
I hope there are space spiders. Actually, it'd be super cool if they were more like space lobsters, 'cause then you'd get dual use out of the flame throwers. Defense and dinner! THAT's making the dang 'ol cosmos work _for_ you!

James Snover

Established Member
Premium Member
I hope there are space spiders. Actually, it'd be super cool if they were more like space lobsters, 'cause then you'd get dual use out of the flame throwers. Defense and dinner! THAT's making the dang 'ol cosmos work _for_ you!
Seriously: everybody'd stop eating beef because you have to have cows to get butter to go with the space lobster, am I right or am I right?

evolve

Established Member
There is that aspect of it as well. DARPA, for those who don't know, gave us the internet. But the acronym means "Defense Advanced Research and Projects Agency." It is, first and foremost, dedicated to finding new ways to protect the USA. And it seems to me a great way to protect the USA would be if you could create, and then collapse, a warp bubble in the servers of your enemies computers. How would you shield against it? How would you know it was happening, apart from the computer suddenly stopping working? What if you could generate, and then collapse, a warp bubble in the brains of the enemies? In other words, warp bubbles, apart from exploring the universe, would be one Hell of a weapon. And if they are easy to create, you would want to keep it a secret as long as possible. The very last thing you would want is for some internet newsgroup to go talking about it.

So, there's that as well that makes me doubtful of this.
I agree this would be an end all of weapons/tactics. We could warp ships out of harms way (think Russian hypersonic weapons) or warp adversary ballistic missiles back to the source. This program would be SAPd beyond belief.

The Rocky Mountains via Tapatalk

James Snover

Established Member
Premium Member
Ok, talked to some of the folks I know. And they say this was mis-reported. What happened was a mathematical model churned out some unexpected answers in a simulation. Might be promising, but in reality, LOTS of things can mess up mathematical models.

Though, same as me, they'd love to be wrong about this.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
I am not certain about Warp Bubbles but I love when women blow cum bubbles.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
Ok, talked to some of the folks I know. And they say this was mis-reported. What happened was a mathematical model churned out some unexpected answers in a simulation. Might be promising, but in reality, LOTS of things can mess up mathematical models.

Though, same as me, they'd love to be wrong about this.
I'm guessing DARPA let the CDC run some of their numbers on their machines. Never be able to trust the data again.

Users who are viewing this thread