Darin's 8 Second Supra On The Street! *VID*

turbosaleen

Established Member
k

How in the hell do these STOCK trannys and rearend hold up on these cars? What are they made of plutonium?!!

the supra is probably the MOST over engineered car in history.. the stock parts in that thing can take 1000 rwhp its nuts..

it has a billet crank and rods from the factory and a stupid strong rear end and transmission

1.8t

Established Member
About $45K, with a base starting of $40K.

Which was why they were never really all that popular. There were many other performance cars of the time that could match/beat the Supras specs for much less. However, looking back on it, I guess we can all see where the money went. As previously mentioned, Toyota over-engineered the ever living crap out of the car.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Which was why they were never really all that popular. There were many other performance cars of the time that could match/beat the Supras specs for much less. However, looking back on it, I guess we can all see where the money went. As previously mentioned, Toyota over-engineered the ever living crap out of the car.

Yup, there wasn't much of a market for the Japanese turbo sports cars back then. Most of them were priced the same, (pretty expensive cars back then).

99 3000GT VR4 - $44K loaded
98 Supra Turbo - $45K loaded
96 300ZX Hatch - $41K Vert - $45K
95 RX-7 Turbo - $38K base MSRP

I used the last model year they were all produced here in the U.S. None of them sold very well.

c5 4 now

Do it from a dig
Established Member
The reason Toyota stopped importing them were....
1. U.S. market for SUV's was increasing and sports car demand decreasing
2. Sports car buyers are very brand loyal and couldn't see spending 40k+ for a Toyota (same as the NSX)

The Supra held its own quite well and put up numbers close to the ZR-1 and Viper bitd.

DDogsrt461BLK

Video God
Established Member
I drove it from san antonio to dallas to street race when tit ran 8.50s every pass

no it wasnt standard but that was because at that time there were no domestic standards could realy take that kind of power as my car weighed 3600 pounds. I riped the teeth clean off three tko and a t-56 so i went auto.

its actualy a more driveable car with 3.27 and auto then with a standard at that level

In fact when it ran mid-upper 8s it was my ONLY car that i drove every day for almost 9 months.

mines not a cobra :)

my car had 100 percent full interior please know waht your talking about before you look like the ass you are.

i had every single interior part that came in my car with the exception of the center consol as i had a custome one in my car and I had power windows and locks. I evne had a back seat when it ran 8.50s but i had to ditch that when i 25.5 the car.

when it ran 8.50s IT STILL HAD AC AND A 3000 WATT STEREO with a dvd screen in the dash and two twelves in the trunk mr clueless.

It didnt lose ac and any of its street ability till i ran 8.35 on a particularly good pass and was told i had to 25.5 the car

oh and btw my car was a 8.50 street car on real pump gas :)
93 octane you could buy anywhere

Cali would call you a liar!!! :rolling:

this thread rocks :pop: :pepper:

Users who are viewing this thread