Dallas Police Chief's son murders a policeman

FastOldGuy52

Established Member
Crazy Stuff :(

Dallas Police Chief David Brown's Son, David O'Neal Brown Jr., Killed in Shootout

(June 21) -- A Father's Day shootout at an apartment complex in Texas left three people dead, including the adult son of the Dallas police chief and a police officer.

Police responded to a report of a domestic disturbance around 6 p.m. Sunday at an apartment complex in Lancaster, a suburb of Dallas. When they arrived, gunshots rang out, prompting a shootout between suspects and police. When the flurry of bullets ended, David O'Neal Brown Jr., 27, the son of Dallas Police Chief David Brown, was dead. So was a Lancaster police officer, a 37-year-old father of two whose name has not yet been released.

"Officers responded to the apartment complex and started looking for the shooter," Kim Leach, a Dallas County Sheriff's Department spokeswoman, told The Dallas Morning News. "At the time, the suspect turned and shot one of the officers, killing him. Another officer returned fired at the suspect and shot and killed him.

First Assistant Chief Charlie Cato announced the death of Brown's son during a news conference in Dallas.

"Chief Brown is with his family this evening, and we ask that you respect his privacy at this difficult time," Cato said. "As Chief Brown mourns the loss of his son, he also mourns the loss of the fallen Lancaster police officer who has served his community with honor for many years."

It's not known yet whether Brown was involved in the shooting or was killed in the first round of gunshots.

The third person killed was identified as Jeremy Jontae McMillan, 23.

Lancaster Police Chief Keith Humphrey said the slain officer was a five-year veteran.

"We're heartbroken, and his family is devastated," Humphrey told The Associated Press. "[He was] one of the best people, one of the top officers in the department. Very caring, very giving, selfless, hard worker."

According to The Dallas Morning News, Brown Jr. was arrested in 2003 on suspicion of selling marijuana and pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor. In an interview with the paper earlier this year, Chief Brown said his son was making progress and that he was proud of him.

"I'm much more impressed when you make mistakes, how you respond to it," Brown said. "It speaks to the kind of man he is. He continued his education. He's gainfully employed in spite of some of the mistakes that he's made."

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
The article posted doesn't get into specifics or even implicate the Chiefs son. dallasnews.com has an article where an unnamed law enforcement source says the Chief's son was in fact responsible for two killings, the Officer and other civilian.

definitely a tragic situation.

FastOldGuy52

Established Member
Yep he lived in Lancaster a small suburb of Dallas for some reason he calmly shot another male in a car as that guy's girl friend and infant were also in the car then he went to his car and got an assault rifle out and loaded it. He then shot an officer responding to the scene and was then shot by other Lancaster police. Per eye witnesses. [It sounds like he was on a bad drug trip]

This is a much more complete article than the op.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/city/desoto/stories/062210dnmetlanshooting.1e4e7a4.html

Last edited:

Zentenk

Established Member
Obviously the guys dad is police chief so he can do what he wants... glad he is gone, sucks the other two left behind family.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
This is from the article above, and sure sounds like the Chief's son WAS involved in the shooting. The suspect they mention is the son. At least that is how I read it. "Officers responded to the apartment complex and started looking for the shooter," Kim Leach, a Dallas County Sheriff's Department spokeswoman, told The Dallas Morning News. "At the time, the suspect turned and shot one of the officers, killing him. Another officer returned fired at the suspect and shot and killed him." Or is this suspect mentioned another person?

FastOldGuy52

Established Member
xApparently he was acting bazaar earlier in the day and the police were called out to his apartment and did not have cause for an arrest. His girlfriend then left because she was afraid of his behavior. Good choice on her part. He had never even met his victims. Tragedy all the way around. :(

Last edited:

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
Obviously the guys dad is police chief so he can do what he wants... glad he is gone, sucks the other two left behind family.

It's like the guy that died in his G8 after parking it on top of a building...dad was a sheriff, and the son had a history of getting out of speeding tickets.

FastOldGuy52

Established Member
wow

you are on a cop kick today arent you.

Haha Yeah this made it here also. I can more understand why for this one although there are a lot of similar threads over there that didn't get moved. :dw:

Just for this I'll post my Texas State Trooper D^&$ and the kidney stone story when I get home from work. And mods don't worry its not bad I like officer D^&$. He has been coming to the ER where I work for years......but not as a patient.

FastOldGuy52

Established Member
Its not like it was the police Chief's fault the son had a conviction for MJ in his past. He flipped out that day his gril friend said he appeared psychotic. I don't know maybe a a bad drug trip????? :shrug: Very bad deal especially on father's day.:( Even the dead officer's dad does not blame police Chief Brown.

F1reStart3r

Flubolaids
Established Member
Its not like it was the police Chief's fault the son had a conviction for MJ in his past. He flipped out that day his gril friend said he appeared psychotic. I don't know maybe a a bad drug trip????? :shrug: Very bad deal especially on father's day.:( Even the dead officer's dad does not blame police Chief Brown.

I would imagine a police chief of such a large city is like being a general grade officers kid. They rarely see their family, have incredibly long hours and are ALWAYS on call. So in all honesty there is a huge amount of neglect and the kids end up weird or ****ed up.

I remember a specific generals daughter walking out the front gate of the base wearing a skimpy tank top and a hat that said F*** on it, written like Ford. She was all kinds of messed up.

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
Haha Yeah this made it here also. I can more understand why for this one although there are a lot of similar threads over there that didn't get moved. :dw:

Just for this I'll post my Texas State Trooper D^&$ and the kidney stone story when I get home from work. And mods don't worry its not bad I like officer D^&$. He has been coming to the ER where I work for years......but not as a patient.

lol sounds like one hell of a story. I will be looking forward to it.

Users who are viewing this thread