Daily driver's anyone?

BCPD199

Established Member
I'm not a collector and a firm believer that cars were meant to be driven, not stored in a garage. I put almost 20K miles on my '03 Anniversay 'Vert and loved every one of them! Anybody out there using their GT 500 as a daily driver?

jcthorne

Established Member
Yes, about 55 miles a day. I leave it home when the weather turns really foul but otherwise, I drive it everyday.

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
I wouldn't. Maybe it's just me. Here is my DD, and fun car.
Jeff
dsc1997ep3.jpg

dsc1723hi2.jpg

Illtaketwlight

Established Member
I'm thinking 1000 miles a year max. Its not my daily driver. My lightning is. I prefer my Lightning for it over the mustang. Its more comfortable to me and for now its faster.

manOwar

Established Member
Illtaketwlight said:
I'm thinking 1000 miles a year max.

Really? I work out of the country. Since I picked up the car in Dec, I have been home 3 times for vacation. In those six weeks, I have 3400 miles on it. That includes the down time for the KB install.

I don't want to drive anything else!!:D

Illtaketwlight

Established Member
manOwar said:
Really? I work out of the country. Since I picked up the car in Dec, I have been home 3 times for vacation. In those six weeks, I have 3400 miles on it. That includes the down time for the KB install.

I don't want to drive anything else!!:D
Don't get me wrong. I love my GT500. More then the wife. :eek: But my company keeps me busy, to busy. If i had the time it would get more miles. I watched them build these cars from the very beginning and waited very patiently till I could get a good deal on one and then bought it. I also like my Lightning to. There both Bad Rides.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
BCPD199 said:
I'm not a collector and a firm believer that cars were meant to be driven, not stored in a garage. I put almost 20K miles on my '03 Anniversay 'Vert and loved every one of them! Anybody out there using their GT 500 as a daily driver?

Every day that it's not hailing or that I know for sure it'll snow. Rain? Drive it. Occasional flurry? Drive it. I have 13,000 miles on it since 8/5/06.

My 401k is an investment. This isn't. When I run it to death, I'll keep re-building it. I'm 51, and it's with me til the day I go horizontal, to quote Shelby.

bj

jcthorne

Established Member
Thats one reason of many I would not live in MA. I could maintain a better standard of living on welfare in Texas than I could on a well paying job up there.

I had several job offers over the years to move north. One was really serious in Detroit and they actually asked me to put down figures of what it would cost them to move me and maintain my current standard of living....was nearly double what I make here. Did not move :)

GT500R

Established Member
i agree with chuck

in the Northeast the winter will cut down mileage, so far I owned the car for 8 months and have about 2400 miles on it, I figure about 5000 miles a year is where I will be at

BCPD199

Established Member
If I lived in Fl perhaps, but you aint driven a 500hp rwd car in Boston in the winter haahah

Actually, I had to drive my '03 in a snow storm once. It took 2 tries to make it over a railroad grade. I was first in line at the intersection. By the time I got the car moving (back and forth as well as forward!), the light turned red again.:D I bought a beater Gran Marquis to finish up the winter in and that's kind of how I ended up in a Marauder!

Users who are viewing this thread