Daily Driver

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Okay I need help on this. Looking at a 2010 Fusion or a newer Focus that actually looks a little sporty. Mazda's? Jetta's.... Manual not a problem lol.

Thoughts or opinion on those or other cars you think for around $8-12,000....

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Brian, I like either a newer Focus or a Mazda3. Maybe the Focus for fuel economy.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
I just picked up a 2010 Focus SES a few weeks ago and really like it. Comfortable, easy to drive, and enough go for most situations. Expected mileage is 35mpg or better, and very minimal maintenance from what i've read.

I got leather, heated seats, sunroof, "premium" audio, 17" wheels, 50k miles(still under warranty) all for under 12k. It pained me to pay that much for "just a focus" but its a great DD and about as practical as it gets.

Good luck!

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Thanks. Looking at Focus Hatchbacks, sedans too or the Fusion. Thanks^. Then again the Mazda 3 is sporty.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Ive owned a 2012 fusion and now a 2014. Both fusion are great cars and ride really nice. Ive driven a new focus and they are a fun car to drive and better mpg. It comes down to how much room you need or want. Can't go wrong with either of the 2 fords

Never_Enough

Established Member
Had a new Fusion as a loaner for a couple weeks & it was severely underpowered. Merging was a nightmare. Maybe I just got a POS.

PC03GT

Established Member
We've had a fusion since 08. Its a beast, gotta 110,000 on it gets 400 miles on a tank of gas and don't have to worry about getting beat up when u take it out lmao!

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Had a new Fusion as a loaner for a couple weeks & it was severely underpowered. Merging was a nightmare. Maybe I just got a POS.
Or you just think you need 500+hp to merge:dw:
What kind of mileage in the Fusion's?

I was getting 31.5 mpg going 85+mph on a 2011 4 cylinder.

Last edited:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member

are you trying to merge onto the autobahns fast lane?

hell, my measly SE with 170hp 6spd auto is absolutely more than enough to merge at speeds greater than the maximum, itll hit 80 by the end of most curved 3/4 onraps easy. sometimes I catch myself cruising along at 90-95 no problem just cause my foot got tired.

Walked a bunch of cars i shouldnt have walked, few LS vtec integras one night in the valley, ran a 300zx and pulled him. The gearing on the auto 6spd is perfect.

Wish I got the Sport v6 though. Keep wondering if I can throw a cheap 14b/t25 on this 2.5 though....

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I have a 2010 focus. I like it a lot. not the sportiest thing ever but we didn't get it to be sporty. we drive a lot. I currently drive 900 miles a week but carpool half of that. I get a combined mpg rating of 30-33 depending on how much in town i drive. pretty much guaranteed 35 mpg hwy as long as traffic isn't too heavy. its pretty easy to just cruise at 85 mph in it lol. its comfortable enough for 5+ hour drives up the freeway too. We have put about 87,000 miles on it currently and have had no issues thus far. I don't have enough first hand experience with the others to give a comparison. I almost bought a new fusion last year though for my wife, stupid dealerships put a stop to that though.

Last edited:

65fastback2+2

Established Member
are you trying to merge onto the autobahns fast lane?

hell, my measly SE with 170hp 6spd auto is absolutely more than enough to merge at speeds greater than the maximum, itll hit 80 by the end of most curved 3/4 onraps easy. sometimes I catch myself cruising along at 90-95 no problem just cause my foot got tired.

Walked a bunch of cars i shouldnt have walked, few LS vtec integras one night in the valley, ran a 300zx and pulled him. The gearing on the auto 6spd is perfect.

Wish I got the Sport v6 though. Keep wondering if I can throw a cheap 14b/t25 on this 2.5 though....

no joke...our 3.0 v6 surprised the crap outta my buddy when he romped on it in his pullied lightning behind me and then i romped on it and we stayed even. those boogers pull hard for what they are.

if i was to ever have a 10-12 fusion again, itd be a sport so i know i have a stupid reliable transmission.

edit: looks like the stock v6 goes high 14's in a fwd....thats quick for your everyday fairly cheap sedan

Last edited:

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
What kind of mileage in the Fusion's?

We have a 2010 Milan Premier 3.0 V6 and my father-in-law has a 2012 Fusion SEL I4. Same route, it appears the I4 does at least 3-5 mpg better than the V6. When we took a trip up to Iowa, I avg'd about 28.X mpg and he was getting 33.X mpg on the hwy.

We absolutely love the our Milan and the V6 scoots pretty well. I wouldn't mind the I4 because of the mpg, but it is a little weaker compared to the V6. The I4 will move when you put the hammer down, so I wouldn't worry about it being much of a dog.

Users who are viewing this thread