Daily Driver Brakes: Duralast Gold or Powerstop

Crimson2v

Established Member
Premium Member
I assume that's off? If not, how do I do that?
This is for a 2016 F-150

206-05B Parking Brake and Actuation - Vehicles With: Electronic Parking Brake (EPB)
2016 F-150
General Procedures

Electronic Parking Brake (EPB) Service Mode Activation and Deactivation​

Activation
warning.jpg
WARNING: Service actions on vehicles equipped with electronic parking brakes may cause unexpected parking brake application, which could result in injury to hands or fingers. Put the electronic parking brake system into service mode prior to servicing or removing rear brake components. Failure to follow this instruction may result in serious personal injury.
NOTE:
EPB service mode is also known as EPB maintenance mode.
NOTE: Carry out the following service mode activation procedure to deactivate the EPB system. The EPB system can also be deactivated using the diagnostic scan tool and following the on-screen instructions.
  1. Set the ignition to ON.
  1. Press and hold the accelerator pedal and place the EPB switch to the RELEASE (downward) position. Continue to hold the accelerator pedal and EPB .
  1. Set the ignition to OFF then set the ignition to ON within 5 seconds. Continue to hold the accelerator pedal and the EPB switch.
  1. NOTE: The EPB system will be deactivated, preventing parking brake application until service has been completed and service (maintenance) mode has been deactivated. The yellow EPB indicator will be illuminated and Maintenance Mode will display on the message center.

NOTE: When replacing rear brake pads in service (maintenance) mode, the brake caliper piston must be compressed into the caliper housing. The brake caliper piston does not have to be rotated while compressing the piston.
    Set the ignition to OFF then release the accelerator pedal and EPB switch.
Deactivation
NOTE:
Carry out the following service mode deactivation procedure to activate the EPB system. The EPB system can also be activated using the diagnostic scan tool and following the on-screen instructions.
  1. Set the ignition to ON.
  1. Press and hold the accelerator pedal and place the EPB switch in the APPLY (upward) position. Continue to hold the accelerator pedal and the EPB switch.
  1. Set the ignition to OFF then set the ignition to ON within 5 seconds. Continue to hold the accelerator pedal and the EPB switch.
  1. NOTE: The EPB system will fully apply and release the parking brake to guarantee sufficient air gap between the rear brake pads and brake disc.
    Release the accelerator pedal and the EPB switch.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Never heard of these. Where are you getting them? My 150 has 50K and the OEM's are still pretty meaty.

Akibonos should be able to be had at Napa and Carquest/Advanced for most customers. The page I displayed is from Worldpac which is for shops and is owned by Advanced and whatever is on Worldpac can also be bought through Advanced, even if they say they don't have it in store, they can order it in from Worldpac. Just not sure how widespread Worlpac is but their parts inventory is easily the best out there. If you can buy directly from FMP you should be able to get them there as well.

Last edited:

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Went with Duralast Golds, got a free upgrade to Elite pads on the front since they didn’t have Golds despite saying they did.

Easy swap. (Minus having to find an E20 socket…why do designers do shit like that)
Had my dad drive the car after doing the fronts and the surging had stopped. Checked the rears and the pads looked fine so I’ll be taking the rear pads and rotors back.

Users who are viewing this thread