D1sc procharger and 11:1 compression

red9450

Established Member
If you're going to go through the expense of cams, you will probably benefit more by going to an F1A, than adding cams.

97crystalwhite

ah whatsup DOHC?!
Established Member
gotcha, well i guess ill save that for another build. but as for rite now im just thinking about injectors to go with... i realy dont want to go with a injector driver and stuff. just some high impedance injectors. any suggestions?

97crystalwhite

ah whatsup DOHC?!
Established Member

Tuner telling me to stick with a d1sc and me sending the p1sc in to procharger. = no f1a. But thanks for the advice. My next build may see the day of a f1

97crystalwhite

ah whatsup DOHC?!
Established Member
UPDATE:

i have almost everything besides suspension things. the tune is set for late january, but im now tosing the idea of having mmr port and polish the heads with a stage 3 port they offer. so i will be adding the blower as discused and adding boost, with comp cam blower cams 106460's and hopefully the port and polish with other goodies to support and hold the items listed. im curious to the number i am going to see..... also heard that a 3.0 pulley on a d1sc makes 23lbs of boost?

hitnrun

Established Member
definately a good call on MMR doing the head porting. 3.0 is really small. You would have to at least run an 8 rib set up.

97crystalwhite

ah whatsup DOHC?!
Established Member
yea, i have been looking into 8 rib setup. hopefully it wont slip with a 8 rib and a super tight belt. anybody know of anyone selling a 8 rib setup or where is the best kit i can buy?

redfire04gt

Blown 2v
Established Member
Someone was selling an 8 rib setup in the market under other parts. I run an 8 rib setup with my d1sc along with a 3.4 blower pulley and a 7 inch IW crank pulley. I couldn't get the belt tight enough so I ended up going with a reichard racing ac delete/manual tensioner to dial in proper tension. Awesome piece by the way. Slip was not evident on the dyno and I have very little dust that gets generated around the pulleys. A 3.0 pulley is pretty small! Might be able to get away with it but your belt, tensioner and pulley alignment will need to be spot on. Personally I would do a 3.4 and a 10-15% overdrive crank.

Edit: I should mention this is on a 2v and I swapped to the 3 bolt timing cover as well.

Last edited:

JP_Stang

Established Member
I run a 3.0" Reichard Racing blower pulley, 10% IW overdrive and a stock tensioner on my T-trim car and have no belt slip that we can see on the dyno, all on a 6-rib setup. I still want to get a Thumprrr tensioner eventually just for the added support.

I have seen a couple of 8-rib kits on Corral for sale lately. Also, they aren't cheap but everyone who has them seem to really like the BGG 8-rib kit.

97crystalwhite

ah whatsup DOHC?!
Established Member
i did a little more research and came up with a "junkyard" way of doing a 8 rib setup.. pulleys of a 5.4 ford truck engine fit the cobra's and convert to a 8 rib. may have to do some shimming. but thenn again i may not. i hope to have no belt slip with the 8 rib, and im guessing 20# of boost? has anyone ever tack welded the procharger pipes together? i had pipe problems with 16psi and i even had clamps that where just as stron if not stronger than t bolts.

JP_Stang

Established Member
There are several people that weld their pipes together rather than using coupler's. You just need to make sure you mark each pipe exactly the way they need to be mated together so they fit the way you need them to.

Users who are viewing this thread