D1sc procharger and 11:1 compression

97crystalwhite

ah whatsup DOHC?!
Established Member

Well im having the p1 rebuilt into a d1sc. So thats why im not doing a f1a. I would love to, but dont want to throw that much cash. My fuel setup is division x hat, 04 cobra tank, two separate walbro 255's, simen deka 80# injectors, and a 40 amp kenne bell boost a pump

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Well im having the p1 rebuilt into a d1sc. So thats why im not doing a f1a. I would love to, but dont want to throw that much cash. My fuel setup is division x hat, 04 cobra tank, two separate walbro 255's, simen deka 80# injectors, and a 40 amp kenne bell boost a pump

I think you are going to need more fuel than that.. I could be wrong though, but that bitch should make some insane power

dwtjr3

Established Member
+1 ^ I think you are gonna run out of fuel.

You cars gonna move tho. I plan on running 10:1 CR when I build my motor just because I dont want my car to be a dog out of boost so thats why I dont wana go 8.5:1 or anything like that. But I plan on doing 20lbs also.

Im anxious to see your before and after power numbers with the blower swap.

97crystalwhite

ah whatsup DOHC?!
Established Member
Why couldnt i build boost? And ok people, go read the comments before you post. I was using a phone to type and been doing 7 day 12's. For those of you that dont know, it wears you out. So lay off the immature bs. Thanks. Anyways i think my system is good for 750 on e85

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I would almost ditch the dual pumps all together and get 1 pump ass pump.. :) But that's just me

LOL to people still not reading the comments hahaahaha.

JP_Stang

Established Member
Well i wonder if i ditched the bap and just went with two walbro 400's, if that would work?

I would be pretty confident in that setup, but I would keep the BAP just incase since you already have it. Tune the car and see where you are. If you don't need the BAP then ditch it.

I am with 98 on this one though. I would feel better with one bad ass pump setup if it were my car. I know people do it all day long, but the multiple pump thing scares me a bit. I am afraid just one of those pumps would go out on me someday and not know it. All it would take, especially with that kind of power, is one pump to fail and one WOT pull. She would lean out and pop something before you ever knew what happened.

When I was upgrading my fuel system a few guys mentioned that being a possibility, though I don't think I have ever read or heard of that happening, I am sure it could and most likely has. It was enough to make me go the big external pump route.

97crystalwhite

ah whatsup DOHC?!
Established Member

It will definitely be on e85. I think ill just stick with the setup i have whilr adding the d1 and see what happens and go from there. My tuner is pushed back to november.

JP_Stang

Established Member
I have heard of more external big pumps failing and overheating than the simple in tank pumps

If an external single big pump fails your car just runs out of gas and dies. With multiple pumps, if one goes out your car will continue to run and drive and you would never know if one failed until you got on it and the car went lean. By the time you see it, it may already be too late. That is the scary part of it for me.

Like I said before, people do it all day and I personally haven't read any horror stories about it happening to someone but you have to admit, it could happen. For me, if it can happen, it will happen. I just don't like the sound of it so I opted not to. Plus, it is so easy to swap a pump out now if I need to. I just like the idea of the whole 1 big external pump setup, but that is me.

To get back on topic, OP I can't wait to see what this setup puts down. It should be a handful! I would really look into those 400's though. It is pretty much a given that even if those pumps get you to the desired number, they are going to be working hard for that. I just wouldn't want to be pushing anything to the max, but again that's just me....

Goodluck on the build, and keep us posted on what she does!:thumbsup:

Last edited:

03kevo

Established Member
With that set up you should put over 710hp. I am at 669rwhp, and i think our compression ratio are almost the same.

97crystalwhite

ah whatsup DOHC?!
Established Member
i wonder if the two walbro 255's and a bap will get me there.... along with the 80# injectors. im also thinking about doing a stage 3 supercharger cam or custom grind. should i just ditch the setup and do something else. could i run bigger injectors and two aeromotive 340's or 400's?

dwtjr3

Established Member
97crystalwhite;12270781 [B said:
i wonder if the two walbro 255's and a bap will get me there...[/B] along with the 80# injectors. im also thinking about doing a stage 3 supercharger cam or custom grind. should i just ditch the setup and do something else. could i run bigger injectors and two aeromotive 340's or 400's?

I honestly wouldnt even attempt the power level you are wanting on 255's

I would just straight to the 400's and save the BAP for just incase (shouldnt need it tho)

Either that or get one big external pump like some others are saying.

And yeah a big cam will always help with the power, I would do a cam while its apart if you have the money for it.

Last edited:

97crystalwhite

ah whatsup DOHC?!
Established Member

I thnk i will swap to the 400'stranny and go up on injectors. And keep the bap. And yea thr cams i mise well get out of the way. I wonder whar numbers i will be looking at with cams and 20see psi. Lol

JP_Stang

Established Member
It's going to be a beast no doubt! If you can go custom grinds. They will always produce more horsepower. Plus they are cut specifically for your setup. You can't go wrong.

Good choice on the fuel system! I can't wait to see what this baby puts down!

Users who are viewing this thread