D1sc procharger and 11:1 compression

97crystalwhite

ah whatsup DOHC?!
Established Member
well i wasnt going to fully weld the system. just a tack to hold the pipe and a coupler over that.
i just need to get everything together and wait for my tune date. i guess i am going with the stage 3 port.

hitnrun

Established Member
If the lip alone isn't doing its job on the piping, you can weld a few small beads evenly spaced out along the lips of the pipes. That way, when you put a decent tbolt on, it shouldn't pop off.

97crystalwhite

ah whatsup DOHC?!
Established Member
i didnt think about that. Thanks! my main problem was my blow through mass air coming off. because its slick and dosent have a lip for some reason. i will find away to keep it on.

97crystalwhite

ah whatsup DOHC?!
Established Member
anybody happen to know how much boost could be made with the d1sc on my my car with a 2.9" pulley. also, all my 8 rib parts are on the way here. im doing LT's, mmr port and polished heads, and stage 3 blower cams from comp.

slvr35th

Established Member
you will have belt slip still, i had a 3.4 with a 7.5 lower and was making around 20# and thats all the blower wanted when i was at 6700 rpm i was with in 1000 rpm of the max speed. What size lower pully you running?

slvr35th

Established Member
I would say so, but what tensioner is another question? you will defiantly need a thump rrr for that set-up. IDk if you have the budget or if you already have everything but what i would do is buy a 15% and like a 3.4 pulley, no belt slip and can run a longer belt.

97crystalwhite

ah whatsup DOHC?!
Established Member
i have thought about the OD crank pulley.. but i think i may end up with a tensioner like stated above.... just wanted to see if anyone had got something like this to not slip. lol

Users who are viewing this thread