Cut my stock springs, now have H&Rs with 335 pics...

RGrossman

Established Member
Cut stock springs, installed H&Rs with 335 & Sunroof pics...

I cut my stock springs 2 weeks ago and felt it dropped to low. Actually was lower in the back then front. I installed H&R springs and currently it sits 26" front and 26.25" rear. This is after a week of driving. I may remove the isolaters in the front to drop the front down another 1/4"...

What do you all think? Sorry the car is so dirty, been raining non-stop...

DSCF0001.JPG

DSCF0002.JPG

DSCF0003.JPG

DSCF0004.JPG

DSCF0005.JPG

DSCF0006.JPG

DSCF0007.JPG

DSCF0008.JPG

DSCF0009.JPG

DSCF0010.JPG

Last edited:

RGrossman

Established Member
The wheels are Chrome if you cant tell :) Tire combo is 285/35/18 front and 335/30/18 rear. The 335/30/18s are 26.2" which is a bit taller then the front, gives a mean look I think.

Zinc03Cobra

Super Trooper
Established Member
great stance... just put h&rs on my cobra, and never looked back.. i trust you're pleased with them? Your cobra looks killer with them now.. just need a few nice days to clean her up. sure is a nice wide tire in the back :)

RGrossman

Established Member
I'm very pleased with them. They dropped the car almost perfect. I wouldn't mind it a 1/4" inch lower up front... That's why I may remove the stock isolaters from up front...

stangfan

When in doubt.. Floor it!
Established Member
Nice stance....

Beware of lowering the front even more... You'll scrape on every little 'object' and the road. Plus, negotiating speed bumps without scraping almost becomes impossible.

330racing

SVT Poster Boy
Established Member
Good question Todd....I was wondering that myself. And if you are, where did you buy the spacer and what thickness is it....?

RGrossman

Established Member
I'm running a 1/4" spacer on drivers side to clear the IRs subframe. The passenger side had tons of room, go figure...

cito

Official Kumho Shredder
Established Member
This is my old '99 with cut steeda springs. Hard to tell from this picture, but the thing was slammed. Looked nice, but impossible to drive especially with my 3" exhaust.

81Cobra_rside_crop-med.jpg

It is possible to go too low.

FEARSNO1

KB Shelby, enough said
Established Member
i know you must scrape alittle in the back? i have the same set -up as you and i know i scrape like crazy for bumps and what not. the only difference is i have 18X10 in the back with the 335 and 1" spacers. i was thinking of taking out my front isolators too.

brandon

RGrossman

Established Member
I did some fender lip trimming and they rub only on very big bumps and its a small tiny tub that does nothing to the tire. No one is allowed in my backseat anymore...

My spacer is from Maximum Motorsports. Has been working well for awhile. I use AFS Extended Lugs for extra grab...

I feel it would look a little bit better with the front down another 1/4"... Wouldnt removing stock isolaters do at least a 1/4" drop...

RGrossman

Established Member
The sunroof is a Newport 20 x 32 manual roof. Power roofs look dumb on stangs cause they slide on top of the roof and provide a very small opening inside the car. It provides a nice 18 x 29 opening inside the car with the glass removed.

I AM GETTING SUBFRAME CONNECTORS INSTALLED SOON! I know that comment was coming becuase I was dumb enough to cut into the roof :)

I will go snap some pics of the roof for everyone...

RGrossman

Established Member
Shadowgray03,

The rear sucked. My driver side IRS barely fell and the passenger side practically fell on floor making that side easy as hell. It would have been easy as pie if the driver side would have fallen down further...

Here are some sunroof pictures...

DSCF0001.JPG

DSCF0002.JPG

DSCF0003.JPG

DSCF0004.JPG

DSCF0005.JPG

DSCF0006.JPG

DSCF0007.JPG

DSCF0008.JPG

DSCF0009.JPG

DSCF0010.JPG

DSCF0011.JPG

DSCF0012.JPG

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
I am in love with the sunroof. I gotta have one. Can you PM me and let me know who did it and how much $$$?

RGrossman

Established Member
Anyone know if a 295/35/18 will fit on an 18x9 wheel... I like the look of some tire hangning over the lip of the wheel and my 285/35/18 Sumitomos are almost flat with the rim, a little bit over. Im thinking maybe a 295/35 would be better and would take up some wheel gap and look more like the rear tires...

RGrossman

Established Member
unit213,

The sunroof was installed by Automotive Concepts. Its a sunroof and upholestry shop that does very good work. The total was $450 for the roof. You can get one that is just 4 inches shorter (same width, just doesnt go as far toward the back of the car) for $350, I paid 100 more the biggest one possible.

It also came with a lifetime leak warranty. Its seal really well, I doubt it would ever leak and if it does ever, the weatherstripping would be the only way I would guess, is easily replaceable... The sunroof does have 2 tilt up positions if you wish to leave the glass in but I always have it out on nice days. Fits in the backseat nicely.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread