Cut my stock springs, now have H&Rs with 335 pics...

RGrossman

Established Member
Here is a pic of the same roof, smaller size I had in my Red 2001 GT... I also like how it blends much better on a black car and my old car had tan interior so it looks much better with a black interior.

DSCN0554.JPG

DSCN0555.JPG

500hp03Cobra

Established Member
RGrossman... how the hell are you running a 4# lower with a 2.75 upper? how is the car running with that setup... i was thinking baout it but i didn't want to shortent he life of my eaton any more than already have.

CyberDaveA

Established Member
That Sunroof is amazing looking!!! I have to get one now... can you please take a picture of the sunroof in place... but raised up as far as it will go. I bet that looks pretty mean. My main worry would be leaking... but not with a lifetime warranty. How long have you had the roof installed? Are the latches and such - good quality? I'm so excited!!

RGrossman

Established Member
I will grab a pic later of the roof in full vent mode... The roof has been installed for 2 months. The roof is very high quality. Latches are solid and very easy to use. Very sturdy, wont break easy at all.

The 2.75 upper and 4lb lower has been working perfect for 12,000 miles now. Car has 18,200 on the clock. The eaton is pretty durable.

Tide612

Banned
where is Automotive Concepts located? I love the sun roof. I got to get one. I thought about getting a targa but i did not get one. but i love the sunroof. Please tell me about it please.

CyberDaveA

Established Member
rossman - how long did you have the roof on your GT... I don't have a garage either, so do you think leaking will be in issue?

RGrossman

Established Member
The roof was in my GT for over a year when I traded it in on the Cobra. It never leaked a drop so I dont expect anything different from the Cobra. It has no drain tubes and is a pressure seal, very good design.

Automotive Concepts is just the name of a sunroof shop in my area. Any place can install this for you that does sunroofs. Go where there is a good reputation. I know people who drive half the country to come to place that I live around the corner from, they are that good...

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
I have a sunroof on my Saturn, and after 3 years it started breaking and leaking and everything (out of warranty). I hate sunroofs and I will never buy one again.

I pulled the fuse and sealed it. $1000 for a new sunroof kit, it broke 2 times under warranty, now it's out of warranty, broken, and leaked.

CyberDaveA

Established Member
Mike - at least this one is manual... so replacing (if need be) wouldn't be that expensive... since it's only 450 installed. And rossman said it has a lifetime leak warranty. I think the idea of a sunroof is awesome, I would just hope to not have problems with it down the road.

CyberDaveA

Established Member
Also... No Offense Mike, but my best friend and my ex girlfriend both drive Saturns, and interior quality is very sub par to begin with. My friend's sunroof had the motor go out on hime, but no leaks yet in his '98 SC2.

o3SnakeBite

Die Hard Sports Junkie
Established Member
The roof looks killer, and the stance on your stang is perfect, if you lower it anymore you are going to have problems with driving and anything thats in the road.... Like someone said before whats the part # on the springs? How much did they cost? You must have some balls to let someone take a blade to yur new cobra..LoL

RGrossman

Established Member
Automotive Concepts is in Horsham PA. Thats where I live. Its 30 minutes from Philly. The springs are H&R 51659. I am going to get an alignment this week. Still debating taking out the front isolaters though. Would only take an hour to do since front springs are cake to do.

I did have a Ford Probe before and had a power roof installed, it leaked after a year. Power roofs are much harder to get a seal. A manual roof is much more reliable. What is there to break? Weatherstipping? ok. its 12 for a weatherstripping kit. Buy 3 of them just in case they discontinue it. This is a pressure sealed roof and they really cannot leak. Power roofs leave a small opening to. The only power roof I would buy is an In-built roof (slide inside the car) but no room for that in a Stang. If any of you are serious about getting one, drive over here if its not to far for you. The guy that does it is the master... He had a lady coming from Georgie and Florida the day after mine was installed. Took him 45 minutes to install. I sat there and watched as he cut the roof, very painful...

Users who are viewing this thread