Custom built compound boosted.

FordTT500

I love Turbos
Established Member
Am I understanding that you plan to cut out the spare tire area and mount the turbos in that area? If you plan to remote mount it like that why don't you just run the exhaust pipes stick the turbo flanges in the muffler area and instead of mufflers just have the turbos sit there and have a hotside turbine pipe come out of the back like a regular tail pipe?

Illtaketwlight

Established Member
Am I understanding that you plan to cut out the spare tire area and mount the turbos in that area? If you plan to remote mount it like that why don't you just run the exhaust pipes stick the turbo flanges in the muffler area and instead of mufflers just have the turbos sit there and have a hotside turbine pipe come out of the back like a regular tail pipe?

Like a STS kit ? Ive tried to put them everywhere. Just to see what works the best with least modifications and with out loosing acessorios. To place them like a STS kit would require cutting the rear frame rail. They would be right in front of the rear tires and you could see them from the side. So rubber and dirt would be a consent problem. If i shielded it, you would see the shielding. Trunk tire well works out a lot of problems. It'll give a nice area for oil pump and oil tank for turbos oiling system. Exhaust will be super easy and so will the hot sides and cold sides. I can make a removable aluminum plate to cover everything. No tight bends and a good place to shield air filters. Very easy to work on, maintain and to replace WG springs. So it works out all the way around. If i can get all the parts. Hotside should be done by next weekend and have it sent out to be coated.

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
What size subs does it take and how much? I'm in FL as well.

Illtaketwlight

Established Member
What size subs does it take and how much? I'm in FL as well.

JL Audio 8's. Ive been pushing them with JL 500 watt amp's. 250 watts each and it thumps hard. Fits in the tire well perfect. 250. They were played very little. Car only has 10K and these where installed about a year ago. Maybe a couple of hours on them. Its all real leather and embroidered shelby logo snake. Took me hours to make. All you need is a bracket on each side of the tire well and cut your carpet around it. Makes it flush with the carpet.

Illtaketwlight

Established Member
These should work out killer. 1 3/4 primaries and 2 1/2 inch collectors. If they ever made headers for rear mount turbo's this is what they would look like. Nice and long, slim small tubes and small collectors. I'm going to tig some V-bands on and go from there. Fast shipping, I ordered them friday @ 5 PM

Illtaketwlight

Established Member
Run smaller than 2.5 :dw:

Inside the collector measures 2 1/4 it that small enough for yea ? I was going to order 2 1/4 304 stainless pipe. My V-band clamps i ordered before i got the headers is 2 1/2. Believe i can still use it. Oh and they are the high dollar clamps. Not sure what the difference is, but not cheap.

GTOGreg

Crazy Sum-B
Established Member
mismatched pipe-to-flange size? That is a seriously thick flange. Looks like there is a very big weld bead to fill the gap and some gnarly port-matching (no offense).

Illtaketwlight

Established Member
Fourth pic bottom right you can see where the tube was never welded {crack}. Third pic they welded away too much metal and the tube hole is very close to the bolt hole { soon to be a header leak. They are not used. Buy look that way. I'm sure its black just from welding. The flanges have been sanded down so much. That they are not even close to being flat. Its taking a few hours of welding and machining down the flanges to get them where i felt good about installing them.....:shrug: 1K for headers. You would think they would be bolt ons. LOL

rtvickers

Established Member
This is a dream come true build for me. Ive always been interested in a compound boost build. But I never thought about throwing NOS on top of it. Its definitely one of a kind build as far as I know. I read an article about Hellion doing one a few years ago and since then Ive been hooked. I hope you have great success with the build. Good luck and Im in for the long haul.

What kind of blower are you using?

Illtaketwlight

Established Member
Tim, How responsive will those turbos be that far away from the engine?

Dont know Tony. No one that i found has every done one like this. But we will find out soon. I'm on it and i'm doing everything i can to make it spool.

This is a dream come true build for me. Ive always been interested in a compound boost build. But I never thought about throwing NOS on top of it. Its definitely one of a kind build as far as I know. I read an article about Hellion doing one a few years ago and since then Ive been hooked. I hope you have great success with the build. Good luck and I'm in for the long haul.

What kind of blower are you using?

Thanks. Its the stock blower. Will be modified though. Going to have what i'm going to call. The crusher CRUSHER INTAKE. Or the back of it will be sheet aluminum. Pics soon.

Illtaketwlight

Established Member
Bull to be honest. I think turbo technology has come a long ways in the last few years and your going to see more and more very fast remote turbo cars. Guys will still be saying all the while. That wont work ;-)

I did get this big ass pump today. Still need to fab a oil tank up.

Users who are viewing this thread