Custom built compound boosted.

Illtaketwlight

Established Member
Ive decided to go ahead with a compound boost turbo and blower instead of turbo only. It's going to be ether a single or twin. Not sure on twins yet. I do have a turbo already and i might order another. Its a BW 75mm good for 1050 HP. They will be mounted in the back seat. Under the car of course, but in the back seat area. Blower is getting modified a little LOL. Like the T/body is going to be on the left, driver side. It'll make the cold side a lot easier fab.

Its also getting a cage. The undercarriage is getting painted after the cage is installed. Fender wells will be painted along with engine compartment. First i'm going to start mock up on the turbo or turbo's. Then pull the engine, build it and while its out install the cage and paint everything.

I'll take many pics as i go. Should take about six months. I have some pics already and in a few days I'll update this thread. But basically its going to have built engine. Twin or single turbo's. Blower with two stages of Nitrous. Running on methanol with a belt drive fuel pump. Its going to be lightened up, but will still have AC, PB, PW, PL, No ABS or Air bags. So it'll still be a street car. Stock PCM at first but may go with Big stuff and an auto later. I'm doing all the work myself....Wish me luck......

Illtaketwlight

Established Member
Don't do it.

I don't remember asking if i should do it or not...:shrug: This is a build thread. Not a debate on if i should build a compound boost engine or just turbo. If you would like to start a thread of your own. I'll be glad to discuss it with you. When I'm done, if i want i can change it to turbo only in a couple of hours. After a few pulls and some passes, then lets talk about it. Because I'm not building anything that anyone else has. So its impossible to know if it will make serious HP or how it will run till its finished....;-)

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
This will be very interesting since I've seen you post up some of your own work already. Good luck. Should be a fun an tough project

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
If you're building it from the ground up, and don't have to deal with the constraints of a mass-produced kit, you can do a turbo-only setup that will work better and run faster than compounding, IMO.

Illtaketwlight

Established Member
Stayin with the 6060 or going auto?

At first the 6060. I'm going to try and spank Bull then go auto

If you're building it from the ground up, and don't have to deal with the constraints of a mass-produced kit, you can do a turbo-only setup that will work better and run faster than compounding, IMO.

I agree, Trying the blower just to see how it runs. I'll probably end up with an MMR intake.

Illtaketwlight

Established Member
Haha. Yes.

If you keep the blower i think a single 88mm would be the ticket.

I just spoke to forced inductions. They have done a few rear mount and compound mustangs. He told me to ship the one i have back and they can install a 80 MM wheel. That will make 1200 HP. He said an 88 would be too big. Take a while to spool, but an 80 would spool killer. Also i should wrap the exhaust from the engine to the turbo and wrap the housing plus install a blanket. To retain as much heat as possible.

FordTT500

I love Turbos
Established Member
I just spoke to forced inductions. They have done a few rear mount and compound mustangs. He told me to ship the one i have back and they can install a 80 MM wheel. That will make 1200 HP. He said an 88 would be too big. Take a while to spool, but an 80 would spool killer. Also i should wrap the exhaust from the engine to the turbo and wrap the housing plus install a blanket. To retain as much heat as possible.

I would get all the hot side coated with swaintech coating or any type of heat barrier coating instead of that header wrap. That wrap stuff is a headache.
If you don't mind me asking, how come you decided to do a single turbo over twins?

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member

I wouldn't think the 88mm would have spool issues with the blower?

Steve@BAS

Established Member
Nice, look forward to watching your build progress! You doing it at HPX shop? I gotta get down there and check it out at some point.

Illtaketwlight

Established Member
Street car or race car?

Definitely street car. 1000 watts of stereo and all.

I would get all the hot side coated with swaintech coating or any type of heat barrier coating instead of that header wrap. That wrap stuff is a headache.
If you don't mind me asking, how come you decided to do a single turbo over twins?

I was planing on have it all coated. He told me it didn't work as good as the wrap. Ive used wrap before and agree its a PITA and it looks like shit. Twins, i haven't ruled them out yet. I like the idea of twins also. Id like to get two oil less Comp's if they would give me a deal.

FordTT500

I love Turbos
Established Member
What is the reason why you are choosing to placing the turbo/s in the back seat area as oppose to top mount or closer to the motor?

Illtaketwlight

Established Member
What is the reason why you are choosing to placing the turbo/s in the back seat area as oppose to top mount or closer to the motor?

Not much room up front. With out moving a bunch of stuff. I want to keep A/C PS. The belt drive pump didn't help any ether. I like the idea of keeping the extra weight in the rear and i dont have to fab headers. Just from headers on back and cold side.

StangSupremacy

Established Member
Badass project. I am thinking about doing a TT setup on mine when i decide to build the block and swap out my Whipple 4.0 . Keep us posted!

bull3441

Established Member
Have you ever talked to Dustin about his TT kit? That is a well designed TT kit.

Illtaketwlight

Established Member
Have you ever talked to Dustin about his TT kit? That is a well designed TT kit.

I dont want his junk. JK He does build some killer shit. I want to do this myself. I guess its going to be twin turbo. Just ordered two 66 MM BW turbos. I have a new BW S4075 for sale. Its a very nice turbo, but only good for 1050 HP. The two 66 MM turbo's are good for 1400 RWHP. They had them in stock. Getting both housing coated. So should see them middle of next week. I'll post some pics. I also ordered BOV, waist gate, controller, flanges, blankets, headers, and all kinds of little shit. I'm going to buy engine parts from MMR.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread