Current New Vehicle Market

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
This is a single data point. You need additional sources to get a more comprehensive picture. Since this is a Ford centered site, just look at warranty and recall costs that Ford has reported over the past several years. They lead the pack (which is a bad thing) and spend billions more than their peers. Combine these all together and you get a clearer picture that there are some concerning things happening at the blue over.

p.s. Be careful of Youtube and other social media platform for sources of data, as they are HIGHLY unreliable.

Last edited:

BlueSnake01

Established Member
My brothers-in-law's Explorer has been stuck in transmission purgatory for going on 2 months at the dealer waiting for parts. They tell him he has a lot of company.
Its funny how that is a big hit or miss. I have had zero drivetrain issues with mine and ton of other ST/Platinum owners havent either. Mine has almost 40k

But there are also those who have had non stop issues with the transmission or engine (bad cam phasers), some months after purchasing it. Early Explorers got the worst with the electronic gremlins.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Are recall repairs profitable for dealers? I'm assuming yes. If so, how so compared to warranty and non warranty repairs?

No. Most often they pay about 60-65% of what it takes to complete. BUT, you're required to perform them if parts are available if they are safety recalls.

As far as vs warranty repairs, it depends on the state. Missouri pays about 80% of customer pay for warranty work.

5.0 Hatch

Established Member
No. Most often they pay about 60-65% of what it takes to complete. BUT, you're required to perform them if parts are available if they are safety recalls.

As far as vs warranty repairs, it depends on the state. Missouri pays about 80% of customer pay for warranty work.
Gotcha. Props to whoever has to keep y'all's financials in order

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Seeing RAM TRX 5k over and 5k under MSRP around me. Interesting spread, regular pickups are back at commodity pricing now.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Seeing RAM TRX 5k over and 5k under MSRP around me. Interesting spread, regular pickups are back at commodity pricing now.

The higher level ones are still bringing more money around me. The low level ones are below MSRP. I believe they qualify for RAM's 10% currently.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Below MSRP eh?

Time to innocently look on cars.com

Edit:

The hell, it's been a while since I've looked at them. 102-125k MSRP?
**** that, rather roll the dice on finding a R.

Last edited:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Below MSRP eh?

Edit:

Raptor Rs are still selling for $10k+ over MSRP.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Raptor Rs are still selling for $10k+ over MSRP.

For sure, but after 100k on an offroad truck I'm taking Ford's R&D over Ram's anyday.

If this was an 85k TRX vs 10k+ MSRP Raptor R, then I would be persuaded.

I've watched a few TRX's in the dirt. It's not bad, but I would compare it to a Gen 1 Raptor in the way it nose drives/bucks in the back on some jumps

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
Below MSRP eh?

Edit:

I cannot believe how much they’ve gone up, with basically zero changes, sans a digital dash. My MSRP was 90ish and the same truck now is 115ish…oh what a difference 2 years makes

many of the guys refuse to trade up because there’s almost a 40k difference on trade lol(21-22 to a 24)

tom_tom

Established Member
2024008a.jpg
Chevrolet is more reliable than Honda?!?

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Ghost

Ghost
Established Member
For sure, but after 100k on an offroad truck I'm taking Ford's R&D over Ram's anyday.

If this was an 85k TRX vs 10k+ MSRP Raptor R, then I would be persuaded.

I've watched a few TRX's in the dirt. It's not bad, but I would compare it to a Gen 1 Raptor in the way it nose drives/bucks in the back on some jumps
I’m dying to get my hands on a 24 R but the markups kill me

Users who are viewing this thread