Current New Vehicle Market

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
In my little town there is a Ram/Jeep/Chrysler dealer. They have three trucks for over 90k each! They're sitting there collecting dust. These trucks are over 40%-50% higher than what they used to be! Ridiculous!

Subaru might be the ticket the next time we go to buy the wife something. They're not overpriced yet!

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
It is only a matter of time before the 40 - 50 year mortgage is a reality (I think it already exists in California).

I bought a new Acura RDX in April; paid MSRP for it and paid cash. When I bought my wife a new car in 2020 I got it for 0% for 60 months; after a year I thought "this is dumb" and just paid it off. I understand that not everyone has the ability to do what I did in my last two purchases, but $1,000 car payments? GTFOH!!!! If I hadn't paid off my wife's car, the payment was under $400/month. Just seems ridiculous to pay so much for cars.

There are better uses for large sums of cash like that, but different thread I suppose!

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
There are better uses for large sums of cash like that, but different thread I suppose!
Correct. But at the time (Covid 2020) I thought to myself it might be best not to put it into investments. With my trade I think I financed less than $25K so it wasn't a big deal. As far as the Acura that I bought a few months ago goes, I had a trade there too, and with interest rates so high I decided to just pay cash.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
This isn't a "new" vehicle inventory question but I have noticed some "irregularities" on window stickers recently and I wanted to get the opinions from the people here. I have been browsing Mach 1's for a very long time, but I feel like even the used cars that are under 10k miles are too expensive, especially with dealers offering below MSRP on new 2023's. So I stumbled upon this listing on Autotrader. 2021 FJG with appearance package and elite interior, but no handling package. The price seems high to me at $58k for a used car with 6k miles. With the way the vehicle is equipped, I'm thinking the MSRP when it was new last year had to be in the low $60k's. To my surprise, when I look at the original window sticker here, the MSRP was over $74k. That cannot be right, can it?! I've seen several examples of this over the past few weeks, where the window sticker has an outrageous MSRP. Anyone share some insight? Am I just dumb and reading something incorrectly?

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
You are correct that’s high. I’ll grab a pic on my ‘23 window sticker. I’ll be listing it or trading it when the Hellcat is confirmed in production. I just turned 5k and all broken in for you :)
-J

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
This isn't a "new" vehicle inventory question but I have noticed some "irregularities" on window stickers recently and I wanted to get the opinions from the people here. I have been browsing Mach 1's for a very long time, but I feel like even the used cars that are under 10k miles are too expensive, especially with dealers offering below MSRP on new 2023's. So I stumbled upon this listing on Autotrader. 2021 FJG with appearance package and elite interior, but no handling package. The price seems high to me at $58k for a used car with 6k miles. With the way the vehicle is equipped, I'm thinking the MSRP when it was new last year had to be in the low $60k's. To my surprise, when I look at the original window sticker here, the MSRP was over $74k. That cannot be right, can it?! I've seen several examples of this over the past few weeks, where the window sticker has an outrageous MSRP. Anyone share some insight? Am I just dumb and reading something incorrectly?

I can't see that link. What's the VIN?

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member

Attachments

• M1 WS.png
    M1 WS.png
    323.5 KB · Views: 75

ZiaRunner

Established Member
In my little town there is a Ram/Jeep/Chrysler dealer. They have three trucks for over 90k each! They're sitting there collecting dust. These trucks are over 40%-50% higher than what they used to be! Ridiculous!

Subaru might be the ticket the next time we go to buy the wife something. They're not overpriced yet!

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
I’ve considered the same. Anyone have any experience with Subaru good or bad?

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member

I've had a WRX and a regular Impreza 2.5. Sold the WRX at 180K miles and still have the Impreza at 140K miles. No major complaints. Just regular maintenance by the manual and a new radiator here, new alternator there. They do rust out in the salt belt over time.

The interiors are no frills, cheap, and buzzy but wear well enough. They drive fine and are fun in the winter as long as you get full time symmetric AWD. WRX you can get a manual. Everything else has a CVT today and they suck ass. Lots of shared parts amongst years and models and easy to work on.

/Not a lesbo

FJohnny

Established Member
I have a '12 Subaru STi hatch as my winter/rainy summer day car. With just a tune, downpipe and exhaust it's a blast to drive.

My wife hates it because she thinks it's too rough riding so we take one of the suv's when we're together.

60k miles and zero problems not recall related (airbags, etc.)

Unlikely to see a reply here, don’t think we have any lesbian members.
It is possible to drive a Subaru and not be homo. You will, however, look homo. The difference is subtle but it is real.

ZiaRunner

Established Member
I've had a WRX and a regular Impreza 2.5. Sold the WRX at 180K miles and still have the Impreza at 140K miles. No major complaints. Just regular maintenance by the manual and a new radiator here, new alternator there. They do rust out in the salt belt over time.

The interiors are no frills, cheap, and buzzy but wear well enough. They drive fine and are fun in the winter as long as you get full time symmetric AWD. WRX you can get a manual. Everything else has a CVT today and they suck ass. Lots of shared parts amongst years and models and easy to work on.

/Not a lesbo

I have a '12 Subaru STi hatch as my winter/rainy summer day car. With just a tune, downpipe and exhaust it's a blast to drive.

My wife hates it because she thinks it's too rough riding so we take one of the suv's when we're together.

60k miles and zero problems not recall related (airbags, etc.)

It is possible to drive a Subaru and not be homo. You will, however, look homo. The difference is subtle but it is real.
WRX seems like a bang for the buck daily at 30k. I think I read in car and driver the 2024 Mustang GT they reviewed was 68k. Wtf!

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks! So you would have to figure the exchange rate for US$. So $74K Canadian is around $56K US. That solves the mystery regarding the window sticker.
Be careful, saw a few guys get trackhawks in Canada, but the warranty did not transfer. Ford may be different, but definitely check on that before buying!

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member

/Not a lesbo

Do you even vape bro?

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
WRX seems like a bang for the buck daily at 30k. I think I read in car and driver the 2024 Mustang GT they reviewed was 68k. Wtf!

Yup. Loaded WRX will hit $40k however.

Cars started at $22k back in 2002.

Guys are making 450hp with a tune in the VB WRX, but I'm not seeing any exciting 1/4 vids.

Users who are viewing this thread