Current New Vehicle Market

Dusten

Established Member
No. Trade in doesn’t even get discussed when you place your order. That all takes place once your ordered vehicle has arrived and you’re ready to actually purchase it.

In my past experience that's not true at all. We discussed trade value and estimated mileage when the new car would arrive and adjusted the trade accordingly.

C2tuck

Established Member
In my past experience that's not true at all. We discussed trade value and estimated mileage when the new car would arrive and adjusted the trade accordingly.

Well, I highly doubt in this day and age where it takes months to years for an ordered vehicle to come in, that any dealer would talk trades at time of order.

Let’s see, I’m gonna order a car, agree on trade on value, then beat the piss out of it for several more months…

But let’s ask @13COBRA, he deals with this shit on the daily.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Well, I highly doubt in this day and age where it takes months to years for an ordered vehicle to come in, that any dealer would talk trades at time of order.

Let’s see, I’m gonna order a car, agree on trade on value, then beat the piss out of it for several more months…

But let’s ask @13COBRA, he deals with this shit on the daily.

I offer a range at time of order, and explain how it could end up at the top or bottom of that range when the new vehicle comes in.

However, if they're willing or able to sell us the trade now, I'll throw a solid cash offer on it.

Dusten

Established Member
I offer a range at time of order, and explain how it could end up at the top or bottom of that range when the new vehicle comes in.

However, if they're willing or able to sell us the trade now, I'll throw a solid cash offer on it.

This was basically how it was offered to me.

Russo

Unofficial Glass Tech
Established Member
so after more than a month after placing my order for a GT500, and still no VIN.. a dealer less than 100 miles from me gets one with the same options except has a black roof and no handling pack.. called to see if it was allocated to someone and it was available to purchase, with $12k in ADM....

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
I saw my first Ford Lighting this weekend. Not bad looking. Then I found a local dealer with one on order, and saw the Window Sticker. I had no idea it was 10 hours to fully charge. If true, that's crazy.

1656333311482.png

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm pretty "green" when it comes to electric cars and charging times but will they have a faster charger out soon? 10.1 hours to go 320 miles seems pretty shitty unless that's being very conservative estimation.

SecondhandSnake

Established Member
so after more than a month after placing my order for a GT500, and still no VIN.. a dealer less than 100 miles from me gets one with the same options except has a black roof and no handling pack.. called to see if it was allocated to someone and it was available to purchase, with $12k in ADM....

Wow, only $12k in ADM means things are actually coming down, that's the crazy part.

I'm pretty "green" when it comes to electric cars and charging times but will they have a faster charger out soon? 10.1 hours to go 320 miles seems pretty shitty unless that's being very conservative estimation.
82300d056205d743b77b34020e98cb4b.jpg

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Ok, good. Otherwise that is awful. How long on the fastest charger?

Most people will install a level 2 charger. Few people will be able to install Fords 80 amp fast charger without installing another full electrical service to their house.

Level 2 Charging​

Ford Mobile Charger: Ford is offering a variety of Level 2 charging options for F-150 Lightning owners. The Mobile Charger has a NEMA 14-50 adapter and will deliver 30-amps (even though it's marketed as a 32-amp unit) to the Lightning. That's good for a little over 7 kW and will add about 14 miles of range per hour of charging.

mariusvt

Established Member
That's on the slowest charger.
How many variations of 240v charger is Ford putting out? It says on the sticker 240v, so that's what a 30 or 40amp level 2 charger taking 10 hours? If so, that's what most EV owners install so still.... ouch.

sleek98

Established Member
How many variations of 240v charger is Ford putting out? It says on the sticker 240v, so that's what a 30 or 40amp level 2 charger taking 10 hours? If so, that's what most EV owners install so still.... ouch.

It looks like the lightning gets around 2 miles per KWH, that seems really low though.

You can charge at 120, 240 level 2, or DC Fast charging.
120v is usually 1.5 KW per hour at 8 amps (3 miles every hour its charged). if they let you change to 12 amps it would be 2.25 kw per hour (4.5 miles every hour its charged)
At 240 it just depends on what both the truck and the charger allow. Most level 2 chargers are in the 5-7 kw per hour range at 25-32 amps (10-15 miles every hour it is charged)
The DC Fast charging will be from 30-150 kw input, the higher you get in the battery % (typically past 80%) the more the charger will start to throttle it back.

Typically you leave the truck at 80% unless you really need the full range for the day. So 8 hours if you use all 80% that day, still seems like a long time.

Last edited:

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
It strongly benefits them to advertise the slowest charge rate.

Remember the 1998 Cobras? lol
You mean 1999 Cobras?

And recharge time for the Lightning, I doubt anyone who buys one will regularly be draining the battery daily. I'd wager most owners will just plug it in each night out of habit like we do our phones or every few days when the battery is getting lower.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

It looks like the lightning gets around 2 miles per KWH, that seems really low though.

You can charge at 120, 240 level 2, or DC Fast charging.
120v is usually 1.5 KW per hour at 8 amps (3 miles every hour its charged). if they let you change to 12 amps it would be 2.25 kw per hour (4.5 miles every hour its charged)
At 240 it just depends on what both the truck and the charger allow. Most level 2 chargers are in the 5-7 kw per hour range at 25-32 amps (10-15 miles every hour it is charged)
The DC Fast charging will be from 30-150 kw input, the higher you get in the battery % (typically past 80%) the more the charger will start to throttle it back.

Typically you leave the truck at 80% unless you really need the full range for the day. So 8 hours if you use all 80% that day, still seems like a long time.

1656344774507.png

1656344798517.png

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You mean 1999 Cobras?

And recharge time for the Lightning, I doubt anyone who buys one will regularly be draining the battery daily. I'd wager most owners will just plug it in each night out of habit like we do our phones or every few days when the battery is getting lower.

I meant 99s, sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread