Current New Vehicle Market

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
If that truck is dead and you charge it for the same time it takes to fill a car with gas (2 minutes or so) how far would you go?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
If that truck is dead and you charge it for the same time it takes to fill a car with gas (2 minutes or so) how far would you go?

50 feet or so.

It takes me 8 minutes to fill my truck. You must have the big nozzles.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
Under 20 gallons (15.9 or so) doesn't take a long time but the point being is that convenience or lack there of, is costly. Even an hour is a long time when you take things into consideration.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Under 20 gallons (15.9 or so) doesn't take a long time but the point being is that convenience or lack there of, is costly. Even an hour is a long time when you take things into consideration.

I completely agree with you.

I have 0 interest in going electric, at this time.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
For daily commute under 40 miles a day, I dont see it being an issue at all.

For a vacation trip/ out of town vehicle, big NO.

With that said, I'll stick to ice cars. Battery powered cars dont have anything that excite me vs ice cars apart from acceleration. New cars can have electrical issues right now, cant imagine battery powered cars being any better at all especially with time

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
The fire rate from people charging in their garage will be interesting to watch. I base this on stories from electricians I have talked to and youtube, LOL.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I completely agree with you.

I have 0 interest in going electric, at this time.
Crunching the numbers, driving to your neck of the woods adds like an hour and 35 minutes or something in a Model S. That's the best option for a long range electric car right now unless the Lucid is out.

But who knows if that will even come close to it's EPA range, Car and Driver have only had 3 out of 33 electric cars meet or exceed the EPAs range at 75mph, all VW group.

Honestly, I don't hate the idea of an electric truck, because I don't think trucks are fun to drive anyway so it doesn't remove much. My problem is the only way I can make that happen is if it's a dually with 4k lbs of load capacity, at least 500 mile range while towing. Oh and like $40k is about all I can spend.

I think I have a few decades.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Crunching the numbers, driving to your neck of the woods adds like an hour and 35 minutes or something in a Model S. That's the best option for a long range electric car right now unless the Lucid is out.

But who knows if that will even come close to it's EPA range, Car and Driver have only had 3 out of 33 electric cars meet or exceed the EPAs range at 75mph, all VW group.

Honestly, I don't hate the idea of an electric truck, because I don't think trucks are fun to drive anyway so it doesn't remove much. My problem is the only way I can make that happen is if it's a dually with 4k lbs of load capacity, at least 500 mile range while towing. Oh and like $40k is about all I can spend.

I think I have a few decades.

Or centuries.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Noticed a couple F-150 crew hybrids been sitting on a localish lot for multiple weeks at $6,000 over MSRP. Local Chevy small town Chevy dealer that has been sitting at 0 to 1 new truck on the lot for close to 2 years is up to 4 now.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
More talk of this.

As an aside...Is there a way to scan inventory nationwide? I tried to look for a bronco to sit in up around the lake this weekend, and my request went to the local dealer, who is the last place I'd buy from lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Localish Ford dealer now has 3 hybrid F-150's on the lot and they marked them down from $6,000 over MSRP to only $4,500 over MSRP.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Seeing a lot of Challengers for sale and Corvette pricing coming down on the flippers.

5.0 Hatch

Established Member
Seeing a lot of Challengers for sale and Corvette pricing coming down on the flippers.

I didn't watch the video but I'm not sure how people couldn't predict loan issues were on the horizon.

Taking gigantic loans out on what was historically been a depreciating asset and paying 20%+ more for it now than 2 years ago seems like a disaster.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Stellantis will transition 2500 and 3500 to hydrogen power. Looking at Europe, sure looks like long haul trucks will also be hydrogen powered.

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
Stellantis will transition 2500 and 3500 to hydrogen power. Looking at Europe, sure looks like long haul trucks will also be hydrogen powered.

H2 is an excellent transition from fossil fuels.
Provided the source to create m/extract the H2 isn’t using…. fossil fuels.

H2 would be a fantastic transition though if we can produce it in bulk for industrial use.

GE and Siemens already have refits available for their gas turbines. Power plants could make the change with relative ease.

Users who are viewing this thread