Current New Vehicle Market

Bullitt1448

Established Member
So if I go and order a vehicle with A plan, do I have to worry about the dealer selling my custom order to another dealer?
Hopefully Nick can answer that, I hope you don’t have to worry but I don’t know the ins and outs

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
So if I go and order a vehicle with A plan, do I have to worry about the dealer selling my custom order to another dealer?

Some dealers are not accepting A Plan sales or orders at this time.

Shouldn't have to worry about that though.

crazy4life

Established Member
IMG_9555.jpg

I'm sure as soon Ford gets chips for the 70,000 F150's they got parked anywhere there is an empty lot they will be getting over MSRP for all of them.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
View attachment 1731109

I'm sure as soon Ford gets chips for the 70,000 F150's they got parked anywhere there is an empty lot they will be getting over MSRP for all of them.

That's not a current picture.

I'll let you put a timeframe on when you think things will be back to how they were, then I'll take the over, and we'll put some money on it.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You got one from today...do share

I have the print outs for Vehicle on Wheels program.

Which shows VINs for vehicles that are on hold waiting on chips. Chips aren't even the biggest factor to slow production right now. There are SO many parts unavailable.

boost88

Established Member
That's not a current picture.

I'll let you put a timeframe on when you think things will be back to how they were, then I'll take the over, and we'll put some money on it.
You're not making me want to buy a new truck.....

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
Just thinking out loud. Let's assume three things are true:

1. You can get a "regular" vehicle for MSRP (Ford Escape, Honda CRV, Toyota Highlander, Honda Accord, etc.).

2. Your trade is worth more now than it ever will be.

3. Interest rates are still crazy low for those buyers with excellent credit.

It would be a good time to buy, right? I'm not in the market, but I have a trade that's value has increased significantly since the chip shortage started so paying MSRP for a "regular" vehicle with a low interest rate (or paying cash) and a nice chunk for a trade would still be a good deal, no?

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Just thinking out loud. Let's assume three things are true:

1. You can get a "regular" vehicle for MSRP (Ford Escape, Honda CRV, Toyota Highlander, Honda Accord, etc.).

2. Your trade is worth more now than it ever will be.

3. Interest rates are still crazy low for those buyers with excellent credit.

It would be a good time to buy, right? I'm not in the market, but I have a trade that's value has increased significantly since the chip shortage started so paying MSRP for a "regular" vehicle with a low interest rate (or paying cash) and a nice chunk for a trade would still be a good deal, no?
You are correct.

Established Member
Supposedly the RV market won't be caught up with orders until 2023. Thing is, most RV dealers I drive past lately have loaded up lots. Something isn't adding up. My brother down at the ARK/Mo border says that where the truck lots use to be empty, now they are filling back up. Is there a regional displacement where some areas are already caught up with demand, and other areas are still behind?

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
RV lots around here are full too, I wouldn’t have thought there was a shortage by looking at the RV lots.
Most RV dealers also have space for customers to store their RVs when not in use. It is a huge money maker (I think). Most people can't keep an RV on their property due to size so they sell it to you, then charge you a monthly fee for storage.

noco5.0

Established Member
I just traded in my 2020 F150 because just didn't like the truck for a variety of reasons. I was given several thousand more than I paid for it about a year ago. I bought a 4runner at MSRP. Not something I've ever done on a new car, but even before the craziness that was pretty much the standard price for a 4runner. The dealer had two new 4runners in inventory and a guy walked in right after me wanting to buy it. They are now trying to sell my old truck for almost 10k more than I bought it for and will probably get it.

Rosco P

Bitter clinger…
Established Member
I saw the same email for Escalades. $25,000 over for ESV Sport Escalades dealer to dealer. Crazy...

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
I have the print outs for Vehicle on Wheels program.

Which shows VINs for vehicles that are on hold waiting on chips. Chips aren't even the biggest factor to slow production right now. There are SO many parts unavailable.

Same in the oil field.

You want a cat for an oil field engine? Sure.. you’ll get one in a week…

You want the T bolt to actually bolt in the cat? ….. sorry that’ll be 5 weeks….

Junior00

Hurter Of Delicate Vaginas
Established Member
Premium Member
Come up with whatever timeline you'd like to, then let's put some money on it.

I’m willing to bet that’s going to be based on just inflationary issues alone. Once the Fed starts bumping rates next year how bad do you think that will start affecting the market? I’m curious to see what the lending institutions will do and if we’ll be back to how it was in the 70’s with 10+% rates.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Myself and immediate family have bought 18 vehicles from a local dealer in the last 10yrs all from the same salesperson. Sister-n-law's Explorer lease was up in Nov and I was quoted 5k over for new inventory on the lot. Told me to order her a vehicle of which we did in the first week of October but it was never picked up by the plant.

Needless to say a phone call to another dealer that I recently bought my Expedition from, deal done in about 1hr, and vehicle delivered to her door the following day.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Auto sales are cyclical.

Sometimes supply exceeds demand. Sometimes demand exceeds supply.

Currently demand exceeds supply.

It will revert. You can be sure of this.

A good old fashion recession will decimate demand for cars and trucks and we will have another recession at some point.

Users who are viewing this thread